• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Do I own a real Guzzi

Jeez? are you still carrying on about this?

I dislike the V7 'Racer'. So who gives a shit apart from you? I think its gaudy and vile but that is MY perogative. If you think it's the loveliest thing since a Playtex cross-yer-heart bra? Thats absolutely fine.

You have constantly tried to snipe at my Griso stating you hate the way I've painted it. Who cares. I painted it for my enjoyment not yours or anybody elses. You'll hate it even more now! I've just done a job with an oil cooler cover. I love it! You'll hate it! So what?

6352460606_2a4cd4c882_z.jpg

6352453106_85195fa3f4_z.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You own a 'Real' Moto Guzzi OK. Now pick up your toys and put them back in the sand-pit.

Pete

pete roper said:
You have constantly tried to snipe at my Griso stating you hate the way I've painted it. Pete

Now come on.
I have never sniped at your Griso here or anywhere else.
Stop making things up.
I do seem to remember though on another forum, you coming out with some pretty severe attacks on people who choose the v7.
For example.

"The V7 series are one of Guzzis best sellers, that's fine, but I really can't for the life of me understand why? When you look at a V7 and then compare it to an Aprilia Shiver why would you opt for a V7???? And I'm a thirty year Guzzi die-hard who has owned and worked on 'em for longer than many of the V7's owners have been alive!!!!!

I simply can't understand it???????"

Pete

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/show ... 884&page=2

So you think I'd have been wiser not to buy a Guzzi at all, but should've bought an Aprillia
:eek:

No. I just said I couldn't understand why anybody would? I wasn't saying they shouldn't. Just that I can't understand it. There are lots of people who can't understand why anybody would ride ANY Guzzi! So what? Who cares? The world isn't going to end simply because people disagree on things!

I'm actually really pleased to see what has been done to the smallblock platform. I still reckon it's going to be used as the launch pad for the single TB 'RBW system which makes perfect sense as while the smallblock is currently the biggest seller worldwide they will be wanting to iron out any kinks and get the dealer network up to speed on it before they launch the Cali 1400 as I'd bet a bus full of beehives they have their eyes firmly set on the Corn Cob Pipe set in the USA with that one and will really need for it to be a success straight out of the box. FWIW I also think the Cali 1400 looks nothing like I think a motorbke should look and is a bletchworthy lump of supreme ugliness but if it sells by the boatload and makes them money hand over fist I'll be as happy a Larry!

Pete

It's such a subjective thing.
I think the problem here is not that it's ugly, it's that it's different, and Guzzi aficionados are notoriously conservative when it comes to change.
I also find that the traditionalists are very anti "pretty" bikes.
It must be butch, practical and macho.
It must not be shiny under any circumstances.
Well as I said, the only shiny thing (apart from the exhausts) on the Racer is the chrome tank.
I can't believe that one single item on a bike like this can cause so much offence to someone
:?

You're still misreading it. It doesn't 'Offend' me. I just think its nasty, crass and vulgar. You probably think the same of my bike? Whare's the problem? You can laugh at mine and think it horrible! I giveth not even the tiniest of shits. It's mine and I think its fun. I haven't done anything that compromises it's integrity as a rapid transit vehicle which would in my opinion be pretty unforgiveable, (Like the bloke in canberra who has a MkI Le Mans with ape-hangers.) but at the end of the day it doesn't matter a jot because it isn't up to anyone else to care.

Criticise? Sure. Say it's the ugliest thing you've ever seen! It doesn't matter. At the end of the day they are just motorbikes. Enjoy!

Pete

pete roper said:
Criticise? Sure. Say it's the ugliest thing you've ever seen! It doesn't matter. At the end of the day they are just motorbikes. Enjoy!

Pete

I would never do such a thing.
Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Lets not kid ourselves here.
If none of us were trying to make a statement with the bikes we ride, then we'd all be riding around on Honda CB500's.
My statement would be I'm a motorcycle rider. I live by my rules.

I'm new to the marque, but your V7 couldn't possibly be a purty as my Griso.

If owning a Griso makes me not a real Guzzi owner, so be it. I didn't buy it to impress others. I bought it because I got tired of seeing bikes exactly like mine in the parking lot at work.

pete roper Do you have photos of your finished paint job?

I don't think he's finished with the pink accents.. :lol:
Now, this is what a proper motorbike should look like.. the last of the *real* Guzzis.. :evil: ;)

Attachments

• V11S-RC.jpg
    V11S-RC.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 430
No fairings! Gack! If I want to hide behind a windshield I'll drive my Caddy.

That's nice Chuck. What kind is it? This is like being new to Harleys. Everything is a V twin, it's hard to tell shovel from flat. Fat Boy from Wide Glide.

I'd like to get a rear seat cowl for mine. Anybody know if someone makes them for a Griso?

schimenator said:
My statement would be I'm a motorcycle rider. I live by my rules.

Exactly my point.
The bike you ride is making a statement about you, and there's nothing wrong with that, until Guzzi owners start to claim they are above such trivial vanity.
:roll:

schimenator said:
No fairings! Gack! If I want to hide behind a windshield I'll drive my Caddy.

That's nice Chuck. What kind is it? This is like being new to Harleys. Everything is a V twin, it's hard to tell shovel from flat. Fat Boy from Wide Glide.

I'd like to get a rear seat cowl for mine. Anybody know if someone makes them for a Griso?

It's an 03 V11 LeMans Rosso Corsa. That and the Nero Corsa are the last of the spine frame LeMans. And... a fairing is nice on a long trip. :p I looked for a Rosso or Nero for a long time.

A "real" Guzzi? I cant recall seeing many pretend ones. I reckon that a persons choice in what they ride is just that,theyre choice.ENJOY it. If you get half the buzz and warm fuzzy inner glow from ridin,workin on or even just lookin at your bike that Ive got from my bikes ,no matter what flavor,your on a winner. If you dont your still on YOUR bike and therefore a winner.
Mr Roper whats wrong with havin birds nesting in your beard?

sandy said:
roofus said:
If it means anything, I have a Cafe V7 and a Stelvio, and I am very envious of the V7 Racer owners.

Hi there.
Isn't it you I read on another forum who's also got a Stucchi fairing ?
Hows it going ?
Not easy is it
:(
The results are worth it though.

That's me. However I haven't attempted to install it yet. I just got my bike shop setup in a corner of my sheet metal shop
(my business). I won't be attempting the install until January.

I imagine there was a time when people said it wasn't a proper Guzzi cause it didn't have an exposed flywheel. Time marches on. Things change and in the case of Guzzi the changes have been for the better for the most part.

Some people are just Dicks and not worth any of your concern. If it came out of the factory in Mandello it's a Guzzi whether it's 2 days old or 50 years old.

mwest said:
I imagine there was a time when people said it wasn't a proper Guzzi cause it didn't have an exposed flywheel.

An exposed flywheel? Really? What model was that on? That sounds incredibly dangerous.

Back