• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Australia Stelvio Owners Thread

pete roper said:
It's got fuck-all to do with 'Back Pressure' and everything to do with head and cam design. Without major map modification and different cams IMHO you won't get ANY 8V Guzzi to work with an open pipe.

As for PC products Todd is obviously the bloke to talk to if you look at the stickied threads. IMHO the PCV/AT is the best package currently available in te english speaking world and as I'm not a natural polyglot I'm stuck with English and a smattering of Italian and French.

Pete

Hi,

I'm a Brit, but unless Aussie Stelvios are significantly different to ours, an open pipe works just fine. I've put a Quill Evo2 on mine (check on-line) and a few others have as well without any problems. In fact mine runs heaps better with the Quill - smooth as you like and much stronger throughout the rev range. I've got an '09 with the A5 engine. The dyno gives 89bhp and 72 ft/lb at the back wheel, but the torque curve hits 60 f/p at 2,750 and is pretty flat right through to 7,500, just dipping a couple of times by no more than 3 f/p. Also the fuel curve is the smoothest I've ever seen. It looks alarmingly curved, but the scale's only 13.1 to 13.9. See what you think. All in all I'm very happy with the Quill.

Attachments

• Image0017.pdf
    121.7 KB · Views: 114
I have fitted a staintune muffler to my NTX and found that the best alround performance came when I left the baffel fitted to the muffler. Found the guys at Staintune more than helpful. I hane made up a pair of peg packers that give me 28 liters. I am happy to stop and fill the tank and give the rump a rest for ten minites.

Cant wait for a get togeather of the Stelvios, maybe at a BMW rally.

THE BONESHAKER said:
Pete,
I am only looking to change the muffler because I want to lower it to make way for a third fuel tank. Aftermarket mufflers are more compact, that's all. No one here said anything about back pressure although I fully understand where you are coming from. As for PC products for the PCV/AT the only reason I am waiting for power commander to come out with it is because of local dealerships and that's all. PC products does not have any local dealerships here in Australia.
Cheers, Peter

You can order a PCV/AT from Todd and I'll be more than happy to work with you with a view to getting it to work the best with your bike. If your bike is an A5 motored one then I suggest we seriously look at re-camming as well to get the best performance, (I'm hoping that very soon Todd will have a set of cams I'm shouting him for experimental purposes for use with the A5 motor.).

As most people know I don't think that the best results will be achieved using a PCV/AT UNLESS quite radical changes are carried out to both the timing and induction/exhaust equations. This isn't to say that a PCV/AT won't help, it will, but in and of itself it isn't a 'Silver Bullet' and I don't think Todd would claim it as such either.

AFAIK Todd has sponsored and developed the PCV/AT package for use with Guzzis independently and this explains why no local 'agents' for PC have access to a suitable system. as I said though. if you want to go down that route I'm more than willing to assist. Just because I don't want to radically change my bike from stock is not an excuse for trying to stop others from doing so and I'll gladly assist if I can.

Pete

I missed this thread until now. Thanks Pete, I work directly with Dynojet for development of the PC for all Guzzis since '03. All of the R&D is done here in the States, and since we are always way late to get the new models, you probably won't see a '12 Stelvio unit until the end of this year (nor why you'll never likely see one for the Bellagio, sad as that is). That saId, I have worked hard to make them available for all models for well over two years now. I can offer them currently for all of the new models per this thread; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/160/2686.html - if you have any questions about them, post there. Happy to discount the first '12 Stelvio taker on my full kit.

Jacobs Ladder looks like a mini Stelvio pass, love it! Have to put it on my must ride list when I come to visit!

notasweetman said:
Image0017.pdf -- Also the fuel curve is the smoothest I've ever seen. It looks alarmingly curved, but the scale's only 13.1 to 13.9. See what you think. All in all I'm very happy with the Quill.
Thanks for posting. The most annoying thing about most Dyno charts is that they are always documented at 100% throttle, which 100% of are there less then 1% of the time on any given ride (based on run time). That said, the most problematic areas of the rev/throttle range is below 40% throttle where the stock 02-sensor(s)/lambdas are in control. Based on my link above that shows air/fuel data in these areas, typically they are pretty horrific.
A flat AFR line is best, and while yours is one of the better ones I've seen, it can definitely be improved upon for improved running at wide open throttle. I'd be more concerned with low speed fueling.

Back