• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

what spares do you carry for a long trip?

mike5100

Just got it firing!
Given the scarcity of (good) Motoguzzi dealers. What spares do you guys carry with you if you are going away for a week on a long trip.
Thanks
Mike

Only two;-
Mushroom tyre repair kit & 12v compressor and a European breakdown policy.

You can also load in all the MG dealers to your GPS as poi's.

Don't get too hung up enjoy the ride.
Ray

VFR-canoe-camping.jpg

Ray1150 said:
Only two;-

Ray

Download from where please - do you have a link?

Credit card, mobile phone and a toothbrush, :mrgreen:

Bloody hell, ya carn e'en find a decent deala in a capitol bloody city here, let alone "outthebackobutfuk"
(Bungendore is the only exception, Mr Roper. Get well soon).

I've been to Birdsville and back of Bourke to pick up BMW's for major failures, a roadside assist membership will ease the pain of paying for long distance recovery. If it blows up it blows up, the pain of repair is the same everywhere, the only difference in cost is the towing distance.

I've been on several 8,000k trips on Guzzi's and the only problem was wearing the sides off my tyres in bloody Tasmania. :) :D :mrgreen:

I've do about 10k miles on my Griso including at least one long distance tour every year. I started off carrying everything for any eventuality and never needed any of it. After 6 years now I just take tools, basic bodging equipment, a bottle of the right grade engine oil and I use 'Utraseal' puncture sealant in the tyres. The only times I've got my kit out has been to fix someone else's bike......usually a Honda!

The trouble with forums is that one can get the impression that a brand is dodgy as most posts are from people having a problem. Read a BMW forum and you'll feel good about your Guzzi. Need to remember that forum posts are a tiny minority of owners/miles ridden.

I've done 37,000km on my Bellagio and the only tow has been a flat tyre. It's been dead reliable other than a few nigggles but I'm big on maintenance and general bolt tightening etc.

I enhanced the standard tool kit with better Allan keys and multpoint screw driver and extra spanners. Also carry gaffa tape, cable ties, fuses and a relay. Don't know what to do with them but they make me feel like a serious rider :lol:

As Ghezzi does, mobile phone and a credit card.

Campagman said:
Ray1150 said:
Only two;-

Ray

Download from where please - do you have a link?

I'm at work at the moment, I'm pretty certain the MG list came from Tom Tom's own POI list but there are numerous POI sites. We're off to Northern Sweden in June and I've downloaded all the petrol stations just in case.
Here's one site http://www.gps-data-team.com/ but there are lots of them. You can also arse about with the graphics, mine shows the MG logo now when you turn it on/off. As ever when messing about with software DO A BACKUP FIRST!
Ray

Most important thing to take are zip ties ! Almost anything can be sorted temporarily, even iffy BMW's...

My mates last year in Scotland, two of the luggage rack bolts went AWOL.

Back