• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It's Official! Visalia, CA Not-a-rally. April 13-15

Thanks for the post Bob. Frank, I use to be the MGNOC SoCal Rep for years, and we use to have organized rides monthly. About 10 yrs ago, we used to meet at the LookOut on Ortega up until ~5 years ago, then we shifted to the Rock Store in the Santa Monica Mtns; http://www.mgnoc.com/club_meetings_and_rides.html -- SoCal-Guzzi.com died when I stepped down as the Rep. There is a big handful of us that frequent this Forum here, so post if you are headed out on a ride.
I have been buried in work and injuries for the last year, but I look forward to riding most weekends again very soon. The NAR will be my first longish ride in a very long time.

I'm also retired, and i'll be leaving early enough on Friday in order to check in & rest up before evening fun. My friend (also a forum member) isn't sure whether he'll be granted Friday off in order to make the event, so I may be looking for a motel room mate.

Thank you Beautiful. I look forward to meet you and discover this portion of Central Coast. I've been up and down the coast and all they way up to Shasta. But, never got the opportunity to ride the Sequoia area.

Frank, I'm in Brea. We're practically neighbors. We ought to meet sometimes; I'd love to see that LM up close.
I'll be leaving Friday at around 1:00 pm from Tustin. Maybe I'll catch up with you Bob or some of you guys going up?

On the way back, I'll be taking the long way home though..Through Sequoia, Lake Isabella, down Caliente Bodfish (I love that road) then down to Palmdale and up to Wrightwood through Big Pines Hwy. And then down and around the 15 all the way home.

JP

Ok Guys, Its all quiet on the Western Front with Wify so as long as I make it up to her somehow cause she can't stand the ride to the beach I don't think she can make it to central coast.

JP, Bob and others when the time gets close, just post the local and time and I'll meet up. My schedule is flexible on Friday. I"m not a super fast rider but not new to motorcycling, was riding in high school and college but took a 15+ years off and just come back 2 years ago but still stuck in the 80s so vary old school in terms of bikes but the V11 lemans seem to have to right combo of retro and modern.

I really enjoy ACH and Ortega as its mostly faster sweeper and saw Jay Leno at the Rock Store once with his jet engine bike, and hearing that thing start up is just amazing! When I ride GMR with some friends I thought I was going to die, tight technical turn with banking curves and awful road condition but amazed the riders that go up and down GMR like they have a death wish or 9 lifes.

Cheers,
Frank

Frank, where you coming from? As for me, may not even know when Glenn & I will be leaving until he knows his work situation that Friday. We'll see. Some others may know earlier. Guess we'll play it by ear as per usual.

guzzibob said:
Frank, where you coming from? As for me, may not even know when Glenn & I will be leaving until he knows his work situation that Friday. We'll see. Some others may know earlier. Guess we'll play it by ear as per usual.

I'm in Fullerton which is next door to Brea and Anaheim so it probably make sense to meet up with JP first then go from there but I'm flexible in departure time as long as its in PM and probably a good idea to leave before traffice hits or afterwards. What kind of crowds are we expecting? 5-10 bikers or more? from the pictures its seem to hav Ducati, Triumph and others.

Chuck in Indiana said:
5-10 bikers

Eeeks! Bikers?? Now, I'm scared. :mrgreen:

hahaha..... whats the proper terms nowadays? mods and rockers or hooligans for those who are into terrorizing the town. Maybe we should plan a trip to Hollister in NorCal so the terms Bikers are more appropriate :lol:

Just an update that the Lamplighter is sold out for Friday evening. Still rooms available for Saturday. Alternate lodging at the Motel 6 down the street. Jamileh has reserved a half dozen rooms there for anyone interested.

Yep, there are 6 rooms reserved for Fri and Sat nights under Jamie Pott at the Motel 6; phone #: 1-800466-8356. There are still rooms available at the Lampliter SAT night, but not Fri night. Lampliter phone: 1-559-732-4511.
The Motel 6, Lampliter, and our house are all within 1-2 miles of each other.
Teaser pic from last Sunday's scouting ride. Same road as in Mark's pic in original post, but with snow. Snow SHOULD be gone by mid-April. Emphasis on "should". LOL.

Attachments

• yokohl in snow 012.JPG
    yokohl in snow 012.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 448
Just updating.... looks like weather will cooperate more than last year: chance of rain mid-week this week, with the last of it only a maybe for Friday. Sat - partly cloudy, Sunday sunny. Perfect, coz if the weather was too nice, there'd be more baggers on the backroads. LOL.
Still no more rooms Fri nite at Lampliter, but plenty left for Saturday night, and Motel 6 still available.
I"m thinking to gather up at Lampliter Sat AM, and hit the road by 9 AM. Moto-collection visit around 4:30 PM Sat afternoon, on the way back. Doing a last route-check tomorrow, since it'll be 81 degrees and Easter, meaning gorgeous but little traffic.
My cell for any reason: 559-352-5844.
Really looking forward to seeing everyone Friday evening - Lampliter, our house, wherever.
Let me know if you have any questions.

I missed last year because we had snow just prior and I didn't think I could get off the mountain safely. Though I'm optomistic, we have storms planned for Tue/Wed and Fri this week. I'm going to give it all I've got to get out Friday morning sometime.

Look forward to seeing you all,

Keith

Yes, Keith, watching the weather forecasts. Was thinking about you, where you're coming from, and that you couldn't make it last year. Would be a crying shame if it happened again. I don't think it'll be as cold this year, so less chance of snow? Tho I can't remember what elevation you're at.
Just fyi to all: several of us talked today about the possibility of moving it to the weekend of 4/20-22, coz of the weather. Some downsides to that: at least several people are not available that weekend. Also, I just called Lampliter and they have no rooms available that weekend. Motel 6 has 8 rooms available that weekend.
So my thoughts: go forward this weekend and whoever can safely make it, come on over and we'll have fun no matter what we do. If there are people who want to come the following weekend instead, they can come that weekend and we'll have fun no matter what we do. It is a not-a-rally, after all!! Heck, I live here, so I'll be here.
Anyone else's thoughts?

We've all heard of an Option ARM but this is the first I've heard of an Option NAR. :dry: Sounds like a plan. Only draw back is a smaller group. :( but the ride will still cure my cabin fever.

I'll check the forecast on Wed. and cancel if the Sat gets worse and come down the following weekend.

Thanks for the backup plan Jamileh.

Is there anyone here that WANTS to come but doesn't have a room reserved? I still want to participate, but my motel-mate had to bail. If there's no response by mid-Wednesday, I may have to cancel, which would be a major bummer :cry:

J,
The forcast is for blizzard conditions tonight or tomorrow, but I'm planning on things clearing up enough to allow me to get out Friday morning. I'm at 6200 feet, the last 2 snow storms were bad for one day, then the roads melted off the next. The big issue is early morning departures when the snow melts all day and the runoff freezes over night. It'd be ironic if I get stuck again, but at this point I'm planning on having a beer with you Friday evening.

I can hardly wait.

Keith

Glenn & his Pro Italia buds feel like the following weekend is best for them, all things considered, meaning projected snow over the grapevine Friday & much, much warmer weather predicted for April 20-22, so we are definitely making that switch. So that means at least Glenn, Eric, Bill & myself (plus Jamileh & Dave I presume) will be there then instead of this weekend. I'll hold on to my reservation at the Lampliter this weekend until mid day or so tomorrow in case someone wants it & contacts me about it. I think we'll all be at the Motel 6 the following weekend in case anyone wants to also switch-or do both. We'll be sorry to miss those going this weekend-but there will be other opportunities, & its just not that much fum when the weather is (potentially) that bad-& much better weather just a week away.

Goin' with the flow.
Keepin' my fingers crossed for you, Keith - I'll even buy you the first beer when you get here!!
So, ready and waiting for anyone who can make it this weekend; ditto for anyone who can make it the following weekend. David will be out of town the second weekend, but I'm pretty sure I can get us around just fine... LOL.
I think I posted motel phone numbers on this thread earlier, so people can call in their cancellations and such.
Sorry about those who can't make it at all - either we'll pick a different weekend next year, or maybe third time's a charm???
Ride safe, all, and looking forward to a coupla weekends of fun!!

Back