• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How did you mount your aux lights?

rmance

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I have a 'new to me' 2010 Stelvio. Bought it used with 711 miles on it! Every time I take it out I love it more. It came with the engine guards that I have now installed. Other things I need are a tank bag and some aux lights. But I'm having a hard time dishing out almost 300 dollars for a light bracket and I would really like to use the PIAA lights instead of the 'stock' aux lights for the Stelvio.

So ... What kind of lights are you using, and how did you mount them?

Thanks all!

Robert

Cheap Auto Parts store 55W lights and a bracket on the crash bars low enough to seperate them well from the headlights. Probably about $45 total.
I'll see if I have a photo and I'll post it.

I have a request to make some brackets to mount the stock lamps onto the factory crash bars, is there other interest? How do the PIAA lights mount?

I suggest mounting under the headlight housing - out of the way. Crash bars are too exposed IMHO. B)
I would be interested in that... and how are you :eek:

Wayne, I would love to see a photo and get some more details! The one photo that I see of your bike looks exactly what I want to do with mine! And it looks like the PIAA lights!

And yes GT-Rx, I am interested in the brackets. I'm not sure how the PIAA's mount. Looking at photos on the internet it looks like a bolt type mounting that would go through a hole and get attached with a nut. I like the looks of the stock lights but the PIAA's look so much more dirt'ish. I'm good going either way really.

And I do like the idea of mounting the aux lights out of the way as tomsp suggested. I sat in front of my Stelvio and stared at it trying to figure out how I could mount them under the headlights. I would be afraid to mount it anywhere on the fairing. I'm sure it wouldn't take long before one broke off and I would end up running over my own dang light!

Coming around still Tom, thanks.

I just caught this thread/post; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/190/64 ... 633#p51633 -- No need re-inventing the wheel if this serves the purpose.

If others want mounts on the crash-bars (perhaps tucked in out of the way), it would be something we could do. Post below if interested.

I like the factory look of the 2nd generation Stelvio fog lights location. I looked for a way to install (excluding welding) my lights in the same manner. I used the PIAA 74000 light brackets. I did have to extend the “L” bracket for housing clearance. I’m pretty happy with the result. However, the brackets rotate on a rather small pin chocked by a tinny bolt. They are made of die cast aluminum and I expect them to fail at some point.
I definitely would like to keep them there with a better bracket. I’m in!

Attachments

• IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 412
rmance said:
Wayne, I would love to see a photo and get some more details! The one photo that I see of your bike looks exactly what I want to do with mine! And it looks like the PIAA lights!

Mounting brackets. About $1 at the auto parts store. Plus a large washer under the mounting nut on the lights.
ABARubberClamp1.jpg

When my bike fell over in a mud hole, the lights simply pushed to an angle and my "expensive" $40 lights were not hurt. I twisted the clamps back, and all was well. If you put a rigid mount down there with the lights and the bike fell over, something would easily break.

I won't mount them up by the headlights because that would be wasting my time. These lights for me are mainly to make the motorcycle more visible in Atlanta traffic. To do that, you must seperate them from the headlights and make the bike look large.

My option. Nice brackets from Aerostich and cheapo lights from the auto parts store (with cheapo stock light hanger replaced by heavy aluminum job). I've shown this set up before, but I got a better camera :D and it was a stunning day to go ride.

light.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

Hi Guys, been doing a bit of night time mountaineering so I'm interested in youir opinions on which lights and why.

For the record, my intention would be to angle them upward and outward so as to be more efficient in lighting the way around corners.

I would use a toggle switch wired into and converting indicator switch to operate either aux light. Bypassing the indicator relay (obviously). Flick the turn signal 'left' just prior to turn in and as you drop down to your preferred lean angle, instead of a flashing amber turn signal you have a driving/spot light aimed precisely at where you are actually heading.

Back