• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Austin Rides?

daviscr5

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi All,
I'm a new Guzzi owner(07' Griso purchased from AF1). I love the bike - it has tons of character. I've admired these since 2001 when I bought my first "real" bike, a Triumph Sprint RS 955i in Jacksonville, NC. Anyhow, it appears that there are no new threads for this region. I generally post on the Two Wheeled Texans site, but figured I'd see if there are ever any rides organized from this site for the Austin region??

Thanks,
Chris

Chris, welcome to the site. We have a good fiend that moved there last year from L.A. I'll have him check in here. I was in town there last Summer, and it wasn't a ride, but there was three or so Guzzi at the Vintage Bike night at the Draught House Pub on Medical Pkwy. Hopefully some others will chime in here. If you meet up with them or other riders, get them to check in here... and be sure to post pics.

I'll keep an eye out for your friend. I generally ride 100+ miles each weekend when I'm not working and would be hay to have him along. The hillcountry is terrific. I'll be sure to post pics.

Chris

daviscr5 said:
I'll keep an eye out for your friend. I generally ride 100+ miles each weekend when I'm not working and would be hay to have him along. The hillcountry is terrific. I'll be sure to post pics.

Chris
Happy, not "hay".... Smart phones...

Hello Chris.

My name is Jack Price. I am the guy Todd mentioned.

We definitely need to hook up.

Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my contact info.

Talk more soon

-Jack

This is definitely a rather quiet forum, albeit a useful one with some great tech tips. I'm riding tomorrow(Sunday, 5 Feb) as I always do when I'm not working. I'll head west from Lakeway around 11:30 am. I don't have a route planned yet, but it will likely be about a 2-3 hour ride with some great hill country roads involved. I need to wrap up the break-in on my Griso.... If anyone would like to join, drop me a line.

Chris

Well, just in case you were considering this, I'm not riding today. The weather is raining and 45 out here in west Austin. I'll throw out a line next time I'm riding and the weather is a little better.

Chris

Hey there, I am new to the Guzzi experience.
I just obtained a fully restored V65sp (1983) and it is magnificent.

I live in Elgin TX, near austin.

I am in Austin at least one week a month, I keep a BMW 1150RT in Austin and wouldn't mind going on rides... we can pretend it is a Guzzi... just um, an oil head. Maybe Todd and I should setup a Guzzi in my garage in Austin. Custom design a "Lone Star" Guzzi. Hmmm.... I smell a project!

83 sicilian- Elgin is close enough and great lookin' bike! Let's get together one of these weekends for a ride. I have dad-duty all weekend this coming weekend(Feb 25/26) and work the following weekend(Mar 3/4), but am totally free for a few weekends after. How about linking up on either Mar 10 or 11? I've never ridden the east side of Austin so I'm happy to meet in Elgin. If you prefer the hillcountry, that works for me too as I live in Lakeway. If that weekend doesn't work, just shoot over a better one and I can probably make it happen.

Falcor- just let me know next time you are in Austin and we can set up a ride - Beemers are cool too!

chris

I am in Austin and as long as it is not raining, I am usually able to ride on the weekends -

I bought a 2012 Griso SE from AF1 in Jan - I traded in my 09 Mana

Sorry for the delay. I admittedly just don't check this site very often - usually on www.twtex.com. Congrats on the new Griso!! I bought mine from AF1 as well - great folks over there. I can go for an afternoon ride this Saturday - 4-28 if you're up for it. Anytime after 1:00 pm. I live in the Lakeway area.

Chris

Hi,
A few of us are trying to organize a Moto Guzzi Riders group here in Austin. The idea: rides, coffee and coversation, overnights with people that appreciate the Brand, etc. Oh, and let's not forget bench racing! If you are interested please leave some contact information and we will reach out to you.

I can be reached at OutofBalanceEnt@gmail.com

Be sure to keep the info alive here please.

I was in Austin for a few days ~2 weeks ago. I was on a loaner of a different brand, but I made it to Doc's for bike night along with Jack P here on this Forum on his convert. He also has a Jackal in his garage. Good guy to know.

Hello all:

We will be heading to Austin from Canada for the Formula1 race in November. We have several free days and are wondering if its worth trailering our 2 Guzzis along. Any comments or suggestions for interesting rides or group meetings would be appreciated.
Thanks.

There is a very good motorcycle community here in Austin. The Texas Hill Country has a lot of good riding. Bring the bikes. There are all kinds of gatherings during the week. Mondays at a brew pub, Wednesdays at an Asian restaurant, just to name a couple.

Back