• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bellagio Economy

ghezzi

High Miler
GT Contributor
First flash of the fuel light usually around 220k, will only take 11 litres.
But it will come on solid around 250 - 260k. I push it out to 290k not wanting to take chances, only takes 14 litres.
We supposedly have a 19 litre tank with a 4 litre reserve, but mine must be more like 6 litres.

That economy was after a night fang over Tamborine last week and getting stuck in the Rugby traffic tonight.

So had a fang over Mt Glorious tonight, using lots of revs and low gears, max speed 138kph (being cautious) and guage registered 4.9l/100k when I got home. I've never acheived those figures in 20 years.

Are Bellagio's extremely economical or am I just getting old?
2nd thoughts, don't answer that.

Just tell me your maximum range, and reserve size.

I found that economy gets better with age. Mine was averaging 250k before fill up when I got it, but is now doing 280k with 14500km covered so far.

The 2 best ever fill to fill distances were 305k (took 12.7 litres) and 328k (took 14.9 litres). Both distances done
non stop at steady cruise (average for journey was 105kph). Seems to run longer after fitting Quill too :D

Cheers,

I've gone out to about 270kms on a tank, maybe more if wasn't watching but never run out.. mind you when I fill up and it looks empty I never get anywhere near the asserted 19 litres - I reckon if it has 19 litres they're including the fuel pump.. :?
my economy moves around depending on what I'm doing - never pay that much attention to it. If it matters I almost always run BP ultimate or the Mobil 98.

I suppose the next question is, has any body filled one from totally empty?

I would hate to calculate my range based on a 19 litre capacity and find I run out 40k short of my destination due to the tank only holding 17 litres.

This weekends ride has a 100k section of dirt with a long way between premium pumps.
I too like BP or Caltex 98's.

i often wonder what the tank capacity is. Bearing in mind the angle that it leans over on the side stand, plus the fuel pump in the tank and also how does the fuel get from the right hand side to the left hand side.

My fuel light comes on and the count down starts at about 180 200km but i can normally only get about 12 litres in? where is the other 7!

Not tried running it till stops!

I don't have luggage capacity but I usually strap a jerry can of fuel on my new bikes and ride till it stops.
Add what I carry and ride to the nearest station and fill up.

And when we had fuel taps with reserve, I would drain the reserve component and measure it. So anytime I hit reserve I could quickly calculate my current usage rate and determine my distance till empty.
Many times I've had to slow down to conserve fuel to make my next stop.

First flash of my light = 11 litres consumed.
Constant amber light = 13 litres consumed.
Longest distance travelled so far is 290k for 14 litres (tank was chockers).
Yet I am hesitant to assume that I still had 5 litres and a range of 100k to go.

My old Cali had an external fuel pump which could be heard screaming when you were getting close to "push me" territory.

Never gat a chance for a full on country ride. Last weekend had a Ducati down 130k in, so home to get the ute.
Yesterday 2 attempts at a ride but called out 3 times for recovery, got in a quick 150k late yesterday. Dash was showing 4.5L/100k before I got back to town, but mate reckons it smells rich. ??? Especially when hard on it.

Two attempts for a ride today but 2 call outs, I give up.

RANGE

What I really need to know is the actual capacity of the tank, and the distance travelled on a full tank?
Book says 19 litres, but how much have you put in after running empty?

I would like to know the answer to that too. When the fuel light comes on steady I can only get 12 - 13 litres in the tank.

The only way to find out I suppose is to drain it completely and refill. Still unsure how the fuel in the right hand side of the tank can get to the left hand side.

Tonight fuel light flickered intermitently from about 220k.
It came on permanent around 240k.

Then I discovered something new I hadn't ever noticed before.
At around 245k on the very top of my screen I got a picture of a petrol bowser, the word "Trip" and a new distance reading, representing I presume the distance traveled on 'reserve'.

Thus far I've travelled a total of 265k, with 20k on reserve.
I am tempted to carry a few litres in a back pack and ride till empty, just to find out the true range and "USEABLE" capacity of our tanks.

Furthest I have done on reserve so far is 60k.
Still running OK at that and only took 14.2 litres to fill to the brim with sidestand down.

Back