• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Aftermarket Exhaust.

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
As I get closer to pulling the pin on a new Stelvio, I wonder about adding an aftermarket can. Problem is, the only sound I've heard coming out of a Stelvio lately (or ever,lol) is on a youtube vid. In the past, I have had aftermarkets on my street bikes, mostly Yoshis on GS's and my Gixxer. And all of them adding to the performance plus a great sound. But, my last purchase soured me. I threw a Two Bros. on my 1200 Bandit and had it actually ended up rattling my brain to the point where I went back to the stock exhaust. Even with the db reducing insert (joke) it was just too loud. Perhaps it's just me getting old but I am curious to find out if people actually think that going to one of these products turns the bike into just another obnoxious Harley.

I purchased a Mistral conical carbon exhaust . Deep engine noise and not to loud. Plus fully EC approved .Was deliverd in 3 weeks direct from Mistral Italy.Fitted perfect on my Stelvio from 2011.Rgds Marc Belgium

I am not a fan of straight pipes either. My Stelvio has a Mistral exhaust can with the decibel killer in place, and it is sweet. It is a bit louder than stock, but will not rattle windows or make dogs howl. It just adds a bit of an authoritative bark. I don't find it too loud when I am touring. You can get a sense of how it sounds in this YouTube video I made last year.
Cheers,
Bruce

[youtube]VQifE1Q5nc8[/youtube]

Thanks guys. Just what I was looking to hear. The video was especially helpful as I haven't even seen one in the flesh yet. And, Bruce, as a fellow Canuck, what is the best place to get the exhaust and other farkles? Also, how thw inseam height? At 5'9" and 30" inseam I have lowered my F800GS to make it fit. This bike is a bit lower, right?

Toadride said:
Thanks guys. Just what I was looking to hear. The video was especially helpful as I haven't even seen one in the flesh yet. And, Bruce, as a fellow Canuck, what is the best place to get the exhaust and other farkles? Also, how thw inseam height? At 5'9" and 30" inseam I have lowered my F800GS to make it fit. This bike is a bit lower, right?

I bought my exhaust privately from a seller in the U.S. who decided to put the stock pipe back on his Stelvio. MG Cycle is the North American dealer for Mistral though. They are a very good outfit to deal with. I purchased a number of accessories for my bike from them HERE.
I am also about 5'9" with a 30" inseam, and I find the Stelvio fits me just fine, with the seat put on the lower setting (it is adjustable to two heights.) I have not sat on an F800GS, so I can't really compare them. I can only say that I find my Stelvio very comfortable.
As an aside, in over 40 years of riding, I have owned many different types of bikes (Triumph, Yamaha, Kawaskai, H-D, BMW, etc.) I have always loved whatever I was riding at the time, but this Guzzi is just a cut above all of the others. I feel an affection toward this thing that is almost unnatural! :D
Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce, your affection towards Stella is "NORMAL". The rest of your previous bike collection/ownership were just material possessions.

If you ever need a bone marrow transplant call me, guaranteed I will be a perfect match.
Mandello marrow is in my bones too. :lol: But I love Bella!

Toad; I've had Todd's GT-Sx muffler shown HERE with db killer installed for the last couple of years (I think) now. Really like the pipe. Sounds great without being obnoxious,nicely made and fits perfectly. Something to consider.
fbc

Another question. Is there any retuning needed or advised with the cans?

Toadride said:
Another question. Is there any retuning needed or advised with the cans?
IMO always, even stock, but most seem to be happy with a slip-on leaving the db-killer installed. You might want to peruse this thread to get up to speed on how much better the bike can run with just my ECU re-flash.

If you do pull the trigger on the Stelvio, I highly recommend sending your ECU to Todd for re-flashing to go along with a new pipe. Cures many of our beloved Guzzi's "quirks".
I have one of Todd's pipes with db killer on my Griso and LOVE the sound. Not too loud or obnoxious.
As mentioned, if this will be your first Guzzi, be prepared for it to "get into your blood"!
"Ride a Guzzi for 2 minutes and you won't buy one, ride one for 2 hours and you'll never be without one."

kmac33 said:
"Ride a Guzzi for 2 minutes and you won't buy one, ride one for 2 hours and you'll never be without one."

The main reason I bought a Stelvio was we gelled and I was in love after 2 minutes. First time that had ever happened, untill I rode a demo Griso.

Dont know if you can get these over there,but I have a Quill Evo2.Nice sound,not too loud,road legal and saves 11 pounds in weight. Cheap too.

[youtube]H-1Mv6du2LU[/youtube]

ghezzi said:
Bruce, your affection towards Stella is "NORMAL". The rest of your previous bike collection/ownership were just material possessions.

If you ever need a bone marrow transplant call me, guaranteed I will be a perfect match.
Mandello marrow is in my bones too. :lol: But I love Bella!

Ghezzi, thanks for the affirmation! You are correct - my "other" bikes were just precursor machines. There is some intangible quality (soul?) that elevates Guzzis above the rest of the herd, isn't there?

Cheers,

Bruce

Stromcat.
Again, a nice looking can. But, I think your idea of "not too loud" differs from mine. Sounds like my old Two Bros. Nice sound but too loud.

Kmac.
I am a little confused about the reflash thang. You actually have to physically send the unit to the guy? And looking at the store the ad shows pricings from 500 bucks to the 250 range. Please forgive my ignorance but perhaps someone could clarify? And even $250 seems a little high to have something flashed. Of course my F800 got straightened out with the Booster Plug which was a quick install and under a hundred bucks.

Toadride said:
I am a little confused about the reflash thang. You actually have to physically send the unit to the guy? And looking at the store the ad shows pricings from 500 bucks to the 250 range. Please forgive my ignorance but perhaps someone could clarify? And even $250 seems a little high to have something flashed. Of course my F800 got straightened out with the Booster Plug which was a quick install and under a hundred bucks.
That would be me, the one you'd send it to. You can either send me your ECU, or you can purchase one outright and/or with a core fee (if I have a spare in stock - not very often these days). I spent roughly the cost of a new Stelvio to invest in the hard/software to access the new ECU and spend the time to develop the maps. If you investigate, the cost is actually a bit below market value unless you want to try DIY. Guzzi is MUCH smaller then BMW, so the options for fix-its is minuscule in comparison. Happy to answer any questions you have direct e-mail.

stromcat said:
Dont know if you can get these over there,but I have a Quill Evo2.Nice sound,not too loud,road legal and saves 11 pounds in weight. Cheap too.

[youtube]H-1Mv6du2LU[/youtube]

Hi everyone, just got my first MG this past week, well two actually (the wallet is still stinging a bit but there will surely pass based on our experience with the bikes so far ;) ). Bought my wife who is just learning a beautiful ibis red V7 classic and we put on a quick 350 kms over the weekend. She loves the bike and I love looking at her on the bike. For myself, I started riding just over 3 yrs ago and have put on just under 110k kms, most on our 08 Harley Road Glide (107 HPO, 124 lbs TQ - love this bike!) but wanted something else to ride with the wife while also heading off road now and then. Looked at and test rode the BMW 1200GS and GSA's but we have a great little Yamaha MG dealer in town and the experience with them on the V7 led me to look at a Stelvio NTX which had just arrived on the showroom floor. Although too early in the process (only 350 kms) I have to say I might be hooked! Being a HD guy and one of the those rare types that actually puts on thousands of km's annually, performance upgrades are a must... so considering air, exhaust and tuning to start. This QuillEvo2 both looks great and sounds just right to my ear... does anyone know of a reseller in NA?

Also, any other advice on how to improve the on road performance of the Stelvio, I'm all ears. Thanks everyone.

Back