• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Contacting Bob Dickman - Mazda NGC

guzzi jon

High Miler
GT Contributor
Yo Bob,
I got Brenda a relatively new Mazda MX5 NC with a six speed paddle shift transmission and a hard top, you too have a Mazda I understand. I would like to hook up with you. Ours has the Bilstein suspension and goes quiet well in the twisty bits, I have found some forums but they seem fanatical, perhaps we can hook up
cheers,
Jon

Yo Jon, yeah sure, but first things first-most owners (at least this one) still call it by the original name, Miata. Mazda tried to change to MX-5, but owners-& the public in general-were having none of it, so Mazda renamed a few years ago "MX-5 Miata"-cause they had to. Anyway, mine is an '07 with 6 speed manual (personally I would never have any kind of automatic, enjoy the stick way too much, & don't have to contend with rush hour commuting). Also have the rag top cause the car is never parked on the street overnight, & never for extended periods even in the daytime, & I got way too good a deal on my car which happened to be the rag top-I would have had to pay $5000 more for the retractable hard top, at sticker price. Rag top is also very easy to operate in either direction. I do understand the hard top works very well & amazingly takes up no trunk space. Also happened to get the Bilstein shocks, way good in the twisties as you know, & amazingly supple even over stuff like speed bumps. I love this car. It never fails to put a smile on my face when I get in to it-or even think about getting in to it, & for sure attracts a lot of attention-though mine happening to be arrest-me-red probably helps in that regard.

Mostly mine gets driven around town, if at all possible top down, only occaisional longer trip. Especially love it that way on warm summer nights. I'm not at all in to performance mods, or even in to very aggressive driving. Open air & operating the slick as snot manual/clutch 6-speed & powering through turns is plenty enough for me. As you know its not super high HP (166), but it weighs nothing & the 2.0 liter DOHC is more flexible than you would think (much more so than the now departed S2000 Honda, by contrast very peaky, I gather,) plenty enough most of the time on the street. As a roadster it's way more about turns than straight ahead anyway. Our mutual friend Rich Rodriguez, very much a BMW (car) guy, took mine for a spin up Angeles Crest & was pretty impressed, esp for the money. In terms of giggles per dollar, I don't think there is any car out there that can touch it. Probably Mini Cooper would come closest. Mine has been stone cold reliable, but at only about 11k so far not exactly definitive. According to Consumer Reports, plenty reliable. I presume you still have my phone #/e-mail address, feel free to contact me anytime. Or maybe meet up for lunch or whatever at Newcomb's on some day not a Sunday.

mamamiata, yes! What's that you said Jon...Auto what?

Attachments

• IMG_0842[1].JPG
    IMG_0842[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 552
Hi Bob,
I do need to get your contact info, my phone died and I switched to an iPhone and could not transfer info, If you could PM me your info it would be appreciated. My cell number is still 818.675.5094. Bren is down with back problems and looks like back surgery in May or June. I thought I would include a couple of pics of her car. I prefer stick shifts too, but the 6 six speed paddle shift auto really goes in the twisties and was a blast on 33. And Bren likes the auto trans. The hard top pops right off and has a rag top under it. Apparently, this was what they used in Canada as that part of the manual refers to Canadian models. I've set up a simple hoist in the garage that when I pull the latches, I just hoist it up, drive away with soft top, and when I want the hard top back, I just lower it, one man job which helps while Bren is down. Hope all is well with you and would like to hoop up for a non-Sunday drive some day.
Cheers,

Out on 33
P3130096-1.jpg

Brensnewride.jpg

Sent you an e-mail with phone #s. 33 huh-hell I'd go there even on a Sunday, nowhere near as bad as Rock Store or ACH. Breakfast at the Coffee Emporium in Ojai on the way up.

Thanks Bob,
Got your info, and she, er, we, uhm, own a mi, mi, miata.... These suckers are such a blast in the twistie bits. I will call you and see what your schedule is.
Cheers,
Jon

Back