• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It's Official! Visalia, CA Not-a-rally. April 13-15

Dauntless crew here in Visalia tonight: Mike B, JP, Keith, Brian Gardner, Barry, Carey, Regina, Pat, Pat's bro Vin, and foreverYang. Once again, most everyone hit rain, snow, hail, wind, you-name-it, but got here safely. Libation, dinner, now sleeptime, and some LOW foothill riding tomorrow. Was still snowing tonight at the moto collection ranch we were to visit tomorrow. Crazy stuff, but always fun.

Just back from a long day riding. Periods of light rain, temps high 40's to low 50's. It's beautiful here and was an extremely fun day. Why wouldn't anyone want to be here?

Every time I do one of these I'm more convinced ths Stelvio is the perfect bike. It'll tour, sport, and handle pretty much any kind of road out there.

You guys coming next week are in for a treat, as long as the weather holds

Keith

Perfect weather for a flock of geese.....

Attachments

• Snorcal 2012 091.JPG
    Snorcal 2012 091.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Snorcal 2012 103.JPG
    Snorcal 2012 103.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 437
  • Snorcal 2012 107.JPG
    Snorcal 2012 107.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 437
  • Snorcal 2012 189.JPG
    Snorcal 2012 189.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 437
Nice Jam, thanks for posting! Assume everyone is headed back already today?

Look forward to wave two (and it looks like hopefully much nicer weather!)!

We went from the Dirty Dozen yesterday to the Magnificent Seven today, who got in a coupla really nice hours on Yokohl Valley Rd, and then up the Mighty 190 for a bit (I was forced to wait out the 190 part at a cafe in Springville coz Carey spotted a nail in my rear tire up on Yokohl; suffered with a deelish chile verde omelette and the Sunday paper at an outdoor table...). Oh, and ask Keith about his gas tank.....
Regina and crew were taking backroads home; Foreveryang was heading to Death Valley, and Brian G headed home.
Keith, JP, Mike, Barry, and Carey on their way home now.
What great riding partners, all.
We had a blast, is all I can say. If next weekend turns out half as well.... which it will. Looking forward to Second Wave, for sure.
Just a few.....

Attachments

• 2012 Snorcal Sunday 026.JPG
    2012 Snorcal Sunday 026.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 2012 Snorcal Sunday 058.JPG
    2012 Snorcal Sunday 058.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 418
  • 2012 Snorcal Sunday 068.JPG
    2012 Snorcal Sunday 068.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 2012 Snorcal Sunday 081.JPG
    2012 Snorcal Sunday 081.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 418
Rode from LA with Mike Friday afternoon...in the rain. Temperature dropped down to 37 degrees in the Grapevine. It was the first time I see the ice warning sign on the dashboard...also the very first time I road in a swiming pool. :shock: Dare I say it, I had fun!

Wonderfull hosts in Viselia; we were treated like kings! Beautiful roads and scenery. You guys are in for a treat next week. Thank you Jamileh & David for your time, work and devotion! We had a wonderful time. (Got 780 miles on the odo by the time I got home.)

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0866.JPG
    IMG_0866.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0867.JPG
    IMG_0867.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0884.JPG
    IMG_0884.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0887.JPG
    IMG_0887.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0888.JPG
    IMG_0888.JPG
    275.9 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0889.JPG
    IMG_0889.JPG
    278.9 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 406
Forecast for NAR part 2-approx 20-30 degrees warmer than for part 1, as high as 90 or so, no rain. Yowza, I see much higher altitude riding this coming weekend. Perfect for the mighty 1000S. And good reason for attendees of NAR part 1 to come back for pt 2 if they can. Hope to see you all, looks like a great ride for all.

Jamileh & David, excuse me for the late response, but you two really put on a fun NAR!!! Thanks again for your hospitality.

I got back home yesterday ~5pm and was told to unpack and get ready for dinner with friends right now :S ; really didn't need any after that great lunch in Springville, but it turned out to be worth it.

Wish I could come back next weekend for Round 2. I'm gonna try to upload a couple of pics from Sunday before lunch. Liked the pic of Huey, Louie, and Dewey (not Ducs, the 3 amigos).

And JP, the run up on Friday might not have been an adventure, but it sure was a trip!

MikeB

PS: My pics are too large; don't have any Mac s/w to make 'em smaller :oops: -- they're up at the snow line on SR190.

Great pix and captions, JP!!! Love the 3 Amigos off the motos - what a - yes, cute - picture!!! You look like 3 happy boys!!!
What a great crew to hang out with - on and off the bikes. Great attitudes, all of you, no matter what was going on... Friday's ordeal kinda made the rewards all the sweeter, no?
We had a blast with all of you, and you couldn't have been an easier bunch to "host" - was a real pleasure.
Next year's event will be named The Profiteroll (get it?) Send me that shopping list, JP!! LOL.

So J, now that we are looking daytime highs in Visalia in the low 90's, I assume you will be taking us to higher altitudes than you went last weekend. Just looking for what kind of temps you think we might see at altitude, figuring out what to bring. For sure gonna bring a bathing suit for apres riding...

We might just have to break our no-rules rule, and institute our first rule: "No speedos allowed for anyone over 35 without prior approval." 35 might even be generous.....

Geez J, I had no idea i could so easily become the focus of your erotic fantasies. So you say Dave is gonna be in New Zealand? You even missed the actual question I asked.

On a somewhat more realistic note, as far as I can tell most all are staying at the Motel 6 this weekend. Unless you know different, is there someplace an easy walk from there (ie, closer than the Lamp Liter) that might be a suitable meeting/drinking/eating point? Course could just use the mini fridges in the rooms & hit the liquor store early on, must be one of those real close..... Done that more than once at a rally, NAR or otherwise.

No, Bob, I didn't miss the actual question - I just haven't had time to do anything other than flick a little spontaneous stuff your direction. I don't know what temps will be, but it's safe to assume they'll lower incrementally, as we gain elevation. Just google weather sites for any small towns along roads in the area that climb.
Offhand, can't think of bars or restaurants within walking distance of Motel 6, but there' s SaveMart probably 1/4 mile away - at Demaree and Noble. Stock up there, or anywhere else you find on google maps that might work from Motel 6.
I do urge that everyone take something to eat and drink with them for lunch on Sat's ride - we probably won't stop at any restaurants for lunch that day. SaveMart would work for that. Bob, if you could spread the word to your crew re that, that'd be great.
I don't have Friday off this week like i did last week, and so will get home after you roll into town maybe. But I have access to the van for the weekend, so can round up people once I get home, to gather somewhere. Till then, people can improvise.

I plan to leave Burbank for Visalia around 10 AM or so tomorrow, or knowing me maybe a bit later, but for sure before noon to try to beat the worst of the heat. If anyone wants to join me, could meet at Roxford Chevron. If interested, post/PM/email me, he'll set a time. I'll look back here later tonight & in the AM.

Hi all, running a bit late and departing Pasadena by 4pm. Txt me or leave a note with Motel 6 front desk in case you guys left for a bar, restaurant. Thanks, Mike. m: 310-630-9294

Sincere thank you Jamileh for all of your prep work, hospitality, and showing us around. The trip was a great escape and surely recharged the battery. My first Guzzi not-a-rally rally and wow the bar is set high. Weather was a scorcher but visibility couldn't have been clearer.

Attachments

• IMAG0977.jpg
    IMAG0977.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0980.jpg
    IMAG0980.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0986.jpg
    IMAG0986.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0988.jpg
    IMAG0988.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0990.jpg
    IMAG0990.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 438
  • IMAG1006.jpg
    IMAG1006.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG1012.jpg
    IMAG1012.jpg
    974 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG1018.jpg
    IMAG1018.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0996.jpg
    IMAG0996.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 438
Wow, great ride Jamileh - thanks for everything. Those roads are the best!

Mike, it was good to meet you - thanks for the SeeGaR.

Todd, sorry you didn't make it, maybe next year.

Willie, Pablo and I drove back to Hollister via Los Gatos Creek Rd, it was nice without the snow and rain. Oil fields were interesting too.

Willie found someones jacket liner in his top box; he can't remember who gave it to him to carry during the ride.

Yeah, I'm bummed not to make it, but recovery from below was pretty tough. For those who made the trip, I'm sure you heard where I was. I'm going to squeeze a ride in with Jam here in the weeks following the OLR.

Mike, thanks for the pics... I will ride with you soon.

Attachments

• TE-VIC-PBSHOOT.JPG
    TE-VIC-PBSHOOT.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 419
We did have a blast!! It was great to see the people I already knew, and equally great to meet the people I hadn't yet met - some good folks on board this Guzzi train!! Rich, you've done an outstanding job with your protege - Mike is very smooth and quick. And fun.
Can't compare this past weekend with the Not-A-Dry-Run from the weekend prior. Such totally different experiences, largely coz of the friggin' 35-degree diff in temp. Coincidentally, kinda like the diff between a good single-malt and a fine frosty beer... pretty much sums it up.
I had a blast both weekends, hope everyone had fun, and am glad everyone got here and back safe and (mostly) sound. Still waiting on pix of Mark and Steve on their ride home.... LOL.
And, Todd, I guess you've posted all the pix that are fit to print? Will we eventually see some moto pix from that boondoggle?

Attachments

• Second Wave NAR 005.JPG
    Second Wave NAR 005.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 395
  • Second Wave NAR 006.JPG
    Second Wave NAR 006.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 395
  • Second Wave NAR 015.JPG
    Second Wave NAR 015.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 395
  • Second Wave NAR 019.JPG
    Second Wave NAR 019.JPG