• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

A Trio of Stelvios..

af1-windy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Tomorrow harry H (Timothy on this site) will head north for some 240 miles to Hull (East Coat UK) on his Stelvio NTX and Steve will head East to Hull on his Stelvio, I'll be in Hull waiting for them on my Stelvio. We set sail around 18:00hr for an overnight sailing to Zeebrugge where we'll disembark after a full breakfast and head off for just over 500 miles to a place called St. Pourcain sur Sioule, France for an overnight stay before heading to our destination the next day, a week in Uzes, France.

The digs, a bit rough but we'll manage.. :lol: http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/France ... p18214.htm

There are five other riders joining us, a couple of Blackbirds, triumph ST, gixer thou and one I'm not sure about but three Stelvio's on the same trip, about 2500 miles, should give us something to wrtie about when we get back.

Full ride report in a couple of weeks, with photos..

windy

Definitely need some photos, have a brilliant good trip. :D

I'm counting down till July when I go the German Moto GP and beyond.

Bon Voyage, have a good one, hope the weather will be good.
I'm off to the alps in June for two weeks on the 'Doing the Stelvio on a Stelvio' tour, there will be three on Stelvios and one BMW gs650Dakar (unless he goes on his Guzzi California)

Wow, what a place, kind of beats my regular Motel 6! Chances are you will be cruising by my hometown, Clermont-Ferrand on your way down south. I am so very jealous. Enjoy your Trip!!!

I wonder if you'll make the detour to take the Viaduc de Millau (labelled as being the tallest bridge in the world.) Actually, it's probably more impressive to bypass it and see the bridge from below...provided the weather cooperates.

JP

zigzag said:
Wow, what a place, kind of beats my regular Motel 6! Chances are you will be cruising by my hometown, Clermont-Ferrand on your way down south. I am so very jealous. Enjoy your Trip!!!

I wonder if you'll make the detour to take the Viaduc de Millau (labelled as being the tallest bridge in the world.) Actually, it's probably more impressive to bypass it and see the bridge from below...provided the weather cooperates.

JP

Hi, yes we did pass your home town and yes we detoured to take in the Viadc de Millau.. :)

I'll write more later or tomorrow but just to let you know that all three stelvios made it there and back, not without a few problems but they were minor (ish) and could have happened to any make of bike.

Harry's; No issues at all, ran perfect.

Steve's; Front wheel bearing destroyed it's self. On stripping the front end it was clear the last person to work on the bike was a Neanderthal, :evil: anyway we managed to get hold of a bearing and replace it. Also there was a slight weep from the rear shaft seal but it wasn't bad enough to stop the bike from being ridden.

Mine; Fuelling was off and it was difficult to ride under 4k revs so we fitted new plugs which helped but didn’t cure the problem, I was using up to 2ltr of petrol/gas more per tank than the other two stelvios :dry:

Other than above we did a combined mileage of around 7500 without any problems, some of it in monsoon conditions, on one occasion we rode in torrential rain for over 5 hours and not one bike missed a beat.

The Stelvio handles better than it should for what it is, got the pegs down :eek: :D all in all a great performance and my confidence in the bike has grown 100% although I'm not sure the Guzzi is for Harry (timothy on here) but I'll let him cover that point.

windy.

af1-windy said:
Steve's; Front wheel bearing destroyed it's self. On stripping the front end it was clear the last person to work on the bike was a Neanderthal, :evil: anyway we managed to get hold of a bearing and replace it.

Mine; Fuelling was off and it was difficult to ride under 4k revs so we fitted new plugs which helped but didn’t cure the problem, I was using up to 2ltr of petrol/gas more per tank than the other two stelvios :dry:

windy.

Sounds like a good trip, look forward to reading more

What did the Neanderthal do to screw the bearing?

Fuelling - I'd recommend the Guzzitech PCV upgrade, its like having a new bike, potters around at 2000rpm no problems and pulls from there.

What did the Neanderthal do to screw the bearing?

Fuelling - I'd recommend the Guzzitech PCV upgrade, its like having a new bike, potters around at 2000rpm no problems and pulls from there.[/quote]

Someone had done up the pinch bolts on the left (as you sit on the bike) followed by the axle nut so it pulled the fork leg in, the spokes where hitting the calliper which could be felt under braking, making it feel like it had a warpped disc judder but it was also putting uneven pressure on the bearing which eventually gave up. All bolts were over tight, no copper slip on anything, we even snapped mud gaurd bolt trying to get it out. Everything was dry, rusted, even the spidle was in a mess.

I had enough tools with me to remove the bearing shell (centre and balls fell out when the wheel was removed) clean everything up, greased with some waterproof grease a local dealer gave us, re-assembled with some TLC and all was well. :)

Going to get my bike to Jason at Motostrada and have it set up, I'll let Jason decide if he thinks it needs a PCV, I can put up with having to be accurate (? not sure if thats the right word) with the throttle. Spent all my money on petrol while I was away.. :dry:

windy

windy

Back