• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hepco side carrier - wrong screws?

Bavarian

Tuned and Synch'ed
Next Problem with Hepco and Becker:

I got the Side Carrier from H&B ( Lock it - System):

While assembling the carrier, i noticed, that some screws, which are included, don't fit:

H&B delivered for fastening the mounting adapters rear at the threaded holes of the original case holders:

2 filister head screws M8 x 80 and washer with a diameter of 8,4 mm

The problem ist: The original holes of my Stelvio has a diameter of only 6 mm!

So i contacted the support fo H&B for asking, what to do

The answer:

My Stelvio is the only one with that problem :(
All other Stelvios has 8 mm holes for the case holders, so they can.t help me :( :(

Now my Question: are there any Stelvio-Owner, who hast although a 6 mm hole ?
My problem is: i`m not allowed to change this screws unauthorized, because of the product liability and guarantee.

cu
bavarian

Hi, it seems like you are having fun with H&B:angry: I have the same luggage racks fitted and just double checked: the 2 upper fittings each have one M8 bolt (one 60 mm, the other 70 mm long), the lower fitting has 2 M6 bolts. I remember there was something wrong with the original delivery...to my knowledge, the M8 bolts were too short or something like that and they shipped new bolts. It was all documented on the old forum.
Just for clarity, a picture how the fittings look like on my bike.
Succes!
Luc

My Hepco and Becker Lock-It Stelvio pannier frame arrived yesterday. I set about fitting it and found I had the same problem :( .

As in luc's picture, there are M8 filister headed bolts for the two top mountings. They do not fit on my bike because there is only an M6 (I think) sized hole.

This bit of the bike is made of plastic with a metallic appearance. I removed the seat, removed the vertical bolts that hold in the plastic unit above the bit where the Hepco and Becker attaching points fit and the 2 big Allen headed bolts at the back of the plastic unit, securing it down to the tail unit.

The whole plastic thing becomes loose and can be gently eased away from the side of the bike. This allows the metal 6mm cylinders in the 8mm holes to be eased out. Find some nuts and washers for the M8 filister headed bolts then it is possible to fit them as per the Hepco and Becker plan :) .

I did take some photos but have yet to upload them to my computer so if this description is not adequate, let me know and I'll find the cable to fix the camera to the Mac.

I had exactly the same problem when mine arrived last year- Motobins shipped me the proper bolts the next day.

I put it down to the fact it was a brand new product and I was probably one the first customers to buy the new luggage rack- but sounds like they have not sorted it at H & B.

The H & B crashbars are also sloppily designed- see the other thread on this.

Guy

I had the same problem, after reading these posts i remember it was the 6/8mm bushes that needed to be removed Luckily with my work I have an unlimited supply of screws, and workshop facility's.
What with this and the Engine bar episode, I'm not over impressed with H&B fit, although the Alu expedition cases are fautless.

Back