• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso windscreens: MPG ? Handling ?

ett

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
I've been considering the possibility of purchasing a windscreen for my Griso.
Specifically one or more of the following three windscreens.
(If there's enough of a MPG improvement and no performance hit.)

Givi a750n (I would paint it red to match my Griso)
Cupolini-universali-en-A750-120.jpg

larger photo here: http://www.trimmer.org/~eric/images/gri ... n-A750.jpg

Moto Guzzi med windscreen Part No: 977694
977694-234-1-120.jpg

larger photo here: http://www.trimmer.org/~eric/images/gri ... -1-800.jpg

Moto Guzzi touring screen Part No: GU05977230
GU05977230-235-1-120.jpg

larger photo here: http://www.trimmer.org/~eric/images/gri ... -1-800.jpg

I see that some of you have these windscreens.
Did you find your fuel mileage improving (or getting worse) ?
Did you notice any handling changes at freeway speeds ?
If I were to buy both the med and touring Moto Guzzi screens; do they swap easily and quickly ?

Thanks;

--ET

Is the Moto Guzzi touring screen Part No: GU05977230 specifically for the Griso or another model?

Thank You,

Mark

Small fairings/screens are not going to alter your drag co-efficient sufficiently to notice any improvement in economy.

Large vertical touring screens will reduce your top speed by as much as 20kph, and your economy will decrease if you maintain high speeds.

If you're really looking for economy, by a scooter! :mrgreen:

I installed one of these
977694-234-1-120.jpg

to which I added a black edge trim and accents (to try and better match the underlying color scheme of the SE)
zard003.jpg

In my view, this screen is just the right size to significantly ease aerodynamic pressure from head and shoulders (BTW, I'm 5ft 8in tall) at 65+ mi/hr speeds without compromising too much the Griso "naked" look.

I haven't noticed any significant handling issues at highway speeds (80+ mi/hr) or difference in gas consumption.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Today I ordered the med windscreen Part No: 977694.
I couldn't find a US dealer able to get that screen.
And the German supplier; from which I've ordered the Becker work stand; was out of stock and did not know when/if they would be getting more.
So I ordered it from the UK dealer I mentioned earlier.
I'm hoping to get it in ~3 weeks.

I'll let you all know how things work out.

--ET

Greyo,

The black edging and black buttons look fantastic on your large Griso screen. Very, very well done!

ett,

I ordered my large Griso screen, iten 977694 from Harpers Moto Guzzi. It took a while to come in but I ordered it just before the European Summer vacation season. i installed it last month but haven't put any time on the bike yet. I really like how it looks though. There's a thread on here with pictures that compares the Griso flyscreen to the Griso large screen (977694).

All the best,

Mark

Chicago Mark said:
Greyo,

The black edging and black buttons look fantastic on your large Griso screen. Very, very well done!
Thanks much dude, I appreciate the compliment :mrgreen:

Givi A770 Painted by your truly, No buffeting

Attachments

• !cid_3FA8875ED8D44B36B788989D8D90A02C@Business.jpg
    !cid_3FA8875ED8D44B36B788989D8D90A02C@Business.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 2,309
I currently have the small screen, which looks great. I would like a bigger screen for longer rides. I am looking for something cheaper than the MG screen. I have seen some Puig screens for around £70. They mount onto the handle bars though. Would this affect the handling? Presumably the pressure from the screen would be tranferred to the bars?

I just had the dealer order me the fly screen for the summer and plan to get the medium screen for the cooler months.

kiwijohn said:
I currently have the small screen, which looks great. I would like a bigger screen for longer rides. I am looking for something cheaper than the MG screen. I have seen some Puig screens for around £70. They mount onto the handle bars though. Would this affect the handling? Presumably the pressure from the screen would be tranferred to the bars?
Every screen I have seen for a Griso mounts either to the triple clamps, the headlight bracket, the bars, or a combination there of. All of them could effect the steering/handling of the bike. The larger the screen the higher the probability of that. That is why certain versions of the V11 had a small fly screen but mounted to the frame. That is one of the reasons I prefer the small screen, but there are plenty of people who run big screens mounted to the steering of their bikes. Not just Griso's but bikes of all brands. It is a matter of taste and what you want out of a bike. The bike itself does not need any screen at all, the need for a screen and the extent of that need is dependent on the individual rider. All I want is something to keep the bug guts off the gauge cluster. I have no trouble staying on the bike against the wind at speeds well above legal limits. Some people seem to.

draidt said:

Nice paintjob, but every time I see a givi A770 on a guzzi I vomit just that little bit, its just not in keeping with the style of the bike, probably even less so on an SE wtih its retro inspired wheels..

Would love to see a V11 Le Mans fairing on a Griso, failing that keep the screen small and neat.

cya
Scot.

Scot said:
draidt said:

........Nice paintjob, but every time I see a givi A770 on a guzzi I vomit just that little bit.........

Keep your vomit bag handy then. ;)
We happen to like those 770 around here...
Grisostuff069.jpg

Pascal said:
Scot said:
draidt said:

........Nice paintjob, but every time I see a givi A770 on a guzzi I vomit just that little bit.........

Keep your vomit bag handy then. ;)
We happen to like those 770 around here...
Grisostuff069.jpg

OK I will give you it looks good on the RED, I'm not sold on what has been done to the white one.

You know that Moto guzzi alreay do a bike called the 1200 sport :). not really sure what sport you would play with it :p

I'm just bitter that they dont do a Le-Mans, I miss my V11..not the most relaible bike but always interesting...

cya
Scot.

I was looking at a V11 when I went Guzzi shopping a couple of years ago, only to find out that they don't make them anymore (I wanted a brand new bike).
Then when I saw the Griso it was all over for good. That was the bike.
The wife got the bug and got hers as well, lol.

I plan to customize the white one further with cafe seat, slightly bigger tank and better end bar mirrors and so on...

I agree that Piaggio should bring back some modern Le Mans version and a real sport bike for the young crowd.
They already did pretty good IMO. We had new models like the CARC bikes under them and also the V7s.
I think that in this world wide uncertain Economy, they owe to play it safe and make the moves after the storm.

Saab,
I can't hold back any longer.
Surely you are taking the piss out of us with that suggestion?
To my eye the Griso is one of the best looking motorcycles of any brand going around and I can't think of a better way to destroy the overall looks of a beautiful motorcycle than fitting that fairing.
However as I have said may times, everyone has their own opinion and I respect your right to fit any mods you like to your own bike.
It sure would be an interesting combination but I just can't imagine it looking anything but ugly.
If you are serious, good luck with it.
Mark

Hi All:

Bit of a lazy question here: I have the Griso medium windscreen (pictured at the beginning of this thread) in hand, along with a bag of bolts, but no directions. Can someone post a diagram or close-up photo of the mounting scheme, please?

From what I can tell so far, the lower brackets attach to the mounts on each side of the headlight bucket and the pinch bolts at the upper fork clamp. What I'm struggling with is the clearances and angles given by the smaller bolts and slots between the upper and lower brackets. Not sure if I'm hitting the right slots.

Thanks!

Back