• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Tank Bag

WitchCityBallabio

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Is anyone using the Stelvio tank bag? How do you like it? Is it moderately well made?

I'm thinking of adding one for the trip I have planned this summer to get a bit more storage for phones, cameras, etc.

Doug

I like it. It is a clever design that makes the best use of an odd shape.

I leave the little bag on all the time with stuff like face shield cleaner, kickstand plate, etc. For a big trip, it's 30 seconds to swap the big bag on. I find it unobtrusive and it makes a nice place for a map.

RideSept2011025.jpg

I have one and never take an extended trip without it. It is very useful for stashing odds and ends, particularly things you might need quick access to during the trip (camera, cleaning rags, granola bars, etc.)

Bruce

Hi Doug

You might want to have a look at the Famsa tank bag for the Stelvio. Mine was delivered yesterday. Fits like a glove and doesn't foul the bars on full lock. It is a quality item and is cheaper than the Guzzi bag. Have a look on the Winding Roads website. Only had my Stelvio a few weeks and I love it.

Safe riding, Nigel. :D

How come we can't go out and buy just any tank bag? Is it the weird shape of the tank? I had an RKA on my CBR and loved it! Plus they make matching bags that strap on top of the panniers which I am also thinking of getting.

With time the straps loosen and it droops to the side. Wish Givi made the gas cap ring tank bag mount for the Stelvio!

rmance said:
How come we can't go out and buy just any tank bag? Is it the weird shape of the tank? I had an RKA on my CBR and loved it! Plus they make matching bags that strap on top of the panniers which I am also thinking of getting.

Yes, it is the weird shape of the tank. The factory bag is designed to accommodate the tank shape. Works very well.

-Bruce

I thought Guzzi was too proud of the tank bag when I first bought it. It was a bit spendy. You can get a lot of other bags for less than the Guzzi badged tank condo...errr....tank bag.
But I bought it and I sure am glad I did. First, it just looks great.
Second, It works well and is well made. Very well made.
I am glad I bought one!

BravoBravo said:
rmance said:

Yes, it is the weird shape of the tank. The factory bag is designed to accommodate the tank shape. Works very well.

-Bruce

What do you do when you have to pump in gas? Does the bag flip back or does it come all the way off, or does it stay put?

Lannis

I just posted four pics showing details of my Giant Loop Fandango 4 liter bag on the Stelvio Accessories thread. Have a look over there for the details.

Stelvio acessories seem hard to find, tried to order the riding gear and was told it has been discontinued...seems anything I want is A...hard to locate and B...coming from the UK. Hopefully that will change once the NTX gains popularity. I will probably bite the bullet and order the GUZZI Tank bag just to make sure I have the right fit. Does it come with the tank protector film for under the bag? I have never rode with a tank bag and been riding for 35 years :?:

My Giant Loop rig did not come with any protective film. I have been using tank bags ever since I started riding in 1981. My first was the classic Eclipse bag. None of the bags I've even had came with film. Others I've had: two more Eclipse, one RKA, one Wolfman, and a MotoPak. Most have non-slip rubbery stuff on the bottom, but the RKA was sheepskin, or something synthetic like that. Plus, I have never put any film on the tank in the past. Don't seem to have suffered any paint damage.

Never owned a magnetic bag, all were the strap on type. The Giant Loop is the only one I've owned that is waterproof. The others all had optional rain covers, which are mostly crap. If you don't want your stuff to get wet, best pack it in a zip lock bag. That's why I wanted to try a waterproof bag this time around. Wolfman also makes a nice looking waterproof bag, but I am not sure how it would fit on the Stelvio.

Lannis, it has a quick connection click strip on the side closest to the seat and 2 clips on the front. I just un do the click strip and flip up the bag to fuel. It is eazy peazy. My bag has stayed put. I have heard that some slide around a bit. One fella I saw had some carpet pad on the bags underside to keep it from sliding. Mine is tight.

The Giant Loop is the only one I've owned that is waterproof. The others all had optional rain covers, which are mostly crap. If you don't want your stuff to get wet, best pack it in a zip lock bag. That's why I wanted to try a waterproof bag this time around.

Wolfman also makes a nice looking waterproof bag, but I am not sure how it would fit on the Stelvio.[/quote]

I have a yellow wolfman waterproof duffel for the stelvio and it is way cool. lots of strap attachment points and waterproof and YELLOW. Nice piece of kit.

Lannis said:
BravoBravo said:
rmance said:

-Bruce

What do you do when you have to pump in gas? Does the bag flip back or does it come all the way off, or does it stay put?

Lannis
...has a slide lock that's easy to release, then the bag flips forward, pretty easy really...

Lannis said:
BravoBravo said:
rmance said:

-Bruce

Lannis

Just noticed this post, Lannis. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I see that it has already been answered by a couple of other forum members. Like others have said, it is very quick and easy to undo the tank bag for fuel fill-ups.

Cheers,

Bruce

Okay...

After looking at a lot of different bags, I settled on the Giant Loop bag. I didn't need a ton of space up there, rather just a place to throw cameras, wallet, glasses etc. The Giant Loop Fandango bag is about 10 liters and should work fine for my purposes.

If you haven't seen one, they're made out of the same material they make truck tarpaulins out of. A nice little benefit is that the material is waterproof and they use the waterproof zippers on it as well.

It looks pretty nice on the Stelvio I think. Like the other bags, it zips at the base so you can swing it out of the way for fueling.

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

Back