• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Does Anyone Make a Fender / Tag Eliminator Kit for a Griso

HOG4DNR

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have been searching but all I can find is one for the euro tag. A company in the US, Steelhorse Classics (he has since retired :cry: ) use to make one.

Any chance another company is making one or does someone out there want to sell one.

Thanks
Scott

Re: Does Anyone Make a Fender / Tag Eliminator Kit for a Gri

Scott,
Here is one option. I have copied sections of my "The Mods Have Begun" thread.
Here is the link for the fender eliminator: http://www.ebay.com/itm/170700516757?ss ... 1497.l2649
To make it bolt right up to the stock mounting holes, I had to get out the dremel and "connect" the long "slotted" mounting holes with the round mounting hole on each side. I used m5 screws that are shorter than the "stock" m5 allen bolts to mount it. To mount the stock turn signals (I may end up getting some smaller aftermarkets) I used an m10 die to cut threads into the "stud" portion of the signals - you can see the bolt securing this in the underside picture. The "stud" is plastic, so you have to be careful to not over tighten the bolt. I also had to cut off the wiring end plugs (and then reattach)to get the die on to cut the threads and to feed the wires through the turn signal mounting holes on the fender eliminator. I used the stock wiring/hole cover - just had to cut off the tail end of it just past the mounting holes and it fit perfectly.

Better view of the fender eliminator
Rearfenderelim.jpg

Underside view of the wiring cover and how the eliminator is mounted.
wirecover.jpg

With Rizoma LED turn signals.
33012005.jpg

If you go this route, it is much easier to mount aftermarket turn signals than to reuse the stock ones like I did originally.
Let me know if any of the above isn't clear.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time and replying. This is something I think I can do.

Scott

Kevin,

Did you have any trouble the the bulb failure indiciator when you went to the LED lights only on the rear? I've been wanting to change the rear signals but have been hesitatant in case the different resistance trips the bulb failure monitor.

Thanks!

The Rizoma LED's come with the necessary resistors to prevent that issue. I have the same indicators on the front too, but had the rears only for a couple of weeks while waiting for the fronts to come in.
50612006.jpg

if you buy other aftermarket LEDs that don't include the resistors, you can always buy them and solder them in-line.

I made this one. It's fully illuminated by way of license plate bolts with built-in white LEDs. I can give you more info if you're interested, although most people are not interested in the possibility of upsetting their local law enforcement with a sideways plate, I have never had an issue. :cool:

_DSC0299.jpg

mylicensebracketgriso2.jpg

This is my effort of a fender eliminator, so to speak.

It is now painted black
Bella012.jpg

After I found out Steelhorse Classics had closed up shop, I ended up going with the Rizoma Universal Fender Eliminator. Bolted right up with no modification, and the fit/finish is superb.

The Mad Hatta! said:
if you buy other aftermarket LEDs that don't include the resistors, you can always buy them and solder them in-line.

I made this one. It's fully illuminated by way of license plate bolts with built-in white LEDs. I can give you more info if you're interested, although most people are not interested in the possibility of upsetting their local law enforcement with a sideways plate, I have never had an issue. :cool:

_DSC0299.jpg

mylicensebracketgriso2.jpg

Gorgeous work, may try to do this myself. Can't see any wire work for built in LED's though. You just buy brackets and bend yourself?

The Rossopuro one is pretty nice. It is actually adjustable for angle.
Since Todd was talking about importing some of their stuff he may be able to sell you one, I don't know.
I do know that I had two of their units, one on a V11 and one on a Griso. The one on the V11 is still doing fine, the one on the Griso did have an issue with cracking but once that was resolved it is still working.
http://www.rossopuroitalia.it/index.asp ... dType_ID=8

Back