• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Lowered front foot pegs for Griso

Alicia at KD is the best. I bought a set of Buell 1125 pegs and loved the quality. I asked if they could do Griso pegs and we worked together to come up with a set that work. 2nd revision (the one on the web page) fits standard griso springs. They are made quite well and I love the extra leg room.

Pics I took of the pegs on my bike:

2011-12-08_22-00-02_555.jpg

2011-12-12_14-33-35_664.jpg

2011-11-19_14-37-24_565.jpg

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm 5'10" and feel that my knees would benefit slightly from lowered pegs. Do you notice any scraping of the lower pegs on extreme leans as compared to the standard ones?

I have Buell 1" lower pegs on my Griso 8V & yes they will drag but you have to over quite far. I noticed that my boot will drag first so in tight corners I lift my foot up off the peg. My other bike is an Aprilia Tuono so I notice it more on the Griso after I get off the Tuono.

Gents,

I haven't scraped my pegs either (hit the outside of my left toes though a handful of times), so I was just wondering if the lowered pegs made any great difference; which apparently they don't. That was the only possible fault/interference of the lowered pegs that I could foresee. Thanks for your input.

Now to get to business!

Dear Santa,

I've been good all year and for Christmas may I please have...
:woohoo:

my pegs are lowered 1.5" via SpaceClam's custom sets and my boot drags first.... so I have to hang off a little more.. but the comfort is amazing compared to stock

I also have Spaceclams pegs and find the comfort very rewarding. I only wish I had longer nubs on the gear and brake lever so I didn't have to point my toes so far inward. But the lowered pegs really make the bike a lot more comfortable.

All the best,

Mark

Very interested in these SpaceClams, any idea where I can order em? Thanks fellas and Merry Christmas.

SlickT said:
Very interested in these SpaceClams, any idea where I can order em? Thanks fellas and Merry Christmas.

Well now Slick, let me help you out, order Knight Design.

SlickT said:
SlickT said:

Well now Slick, let me help you out, order Knight Design.

Hey, thanks fella!

Lowered front foot pegs for Griso - My installation & impres

I ordered a set of KD Sidetrax clear lowering pegs. They arrived a day early! I wanted these before the National Rally next week. I'll be putting on about 2000+ miles and after 12 hours in the saddle last month, my legs were achy. So, ask me after the rally how much of a difference they made.

Installation was easy. I used a special spring "C" clip tool to remove the clip holding the peg pin in. I used the stock peg spring. Once installed, you might want to swivel the lever nubs lower. I went to the lowest setting on both. The lowering pegs put your heals out quite a bit further than stock because you can't rest your foot on the bracket as you can with the stock pegs. I found the rear brake lever to be more annoying than the shift lever. Shift lever isn't an issue at all. I might look for a way to elongate the rear brake lever nub.

I will also caution Griso owners to check the gear shift lever assembly for a loose lock nut. After a long ride I noticed that the nut came loose and my lever was looser than it should be. I'd check yours occasionally.

First impressions of the pegs is I like them, both looks and comfort. I can't wait to spend a whole day on the Griso to find out actually how much they rock! Thanks, Alicia and Knight Design staff! Great product!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 526
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 538
  • v.jpg
    v.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 537
  • w.jpg
    w.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 536
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 531
  • y.jpg
    y.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 534
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 531
  • zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 530
I was at the local MG dealer last week (in San Diego, CA) and saw a Norge parked in front; it had these KD pegs. I do agree that they look sharp. Look better in person than they do on a screen.

I await your impression of a long ride with them.

I have those exact same Knight Design pegs on my Griso and R E A L L Y like them. I find not only the new position more comfortable but the peg itself is much more comfortable than the oem peg. The oem grips are so small they hurt my hands. Yes, it's an easy aftermarket fix. The oem pegs are also so small that they hurt my feet. The KD design gives a much wider space for your feet to rest.

YMMV,

Mark

Is lowering the rear brake lever a PIA task? Can anyone throw some tips out there for this, thanks.

Re: Lowered front foot pegs for Griso - My installation & im

jdelv said:
So, ask me after the rally how much of a difference they made.

If you get these, you will love them. My legs did not ache at all in 4 days of riding. The stock pegs caused my legs to ache after about 8 hours or so. I'm 5'8", 210 lbs, 29"-30" inseam depending on the pants.

I will say that if you buy these pegs, get new "c" clips to hold them on. I realized at the rally that my right side peg pin was sliding out because the original "c" clip that I re-used fell off the the pin was working its way loose. Good thing I noticed.

In Buena Vista there was an auto store. I replaced the missing "c" clip with a better quality one and swapped out the left side for added piece of mind.

KD pegs are a really nice ergo modification if you don't like being folded up on a motorcycle. I will also say that the riding position is still very sporty, but it just isn't so cramped. No cornering clearance issues in my experience.

Enjoy!

Back