• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cafe racer seat for my G12.

Pascal

Cruisin' Guzzisti
It took me a while but I finally found a damaged Griso seat and fuel tank for my bike so I can do my own custom stuff.
I'm starting with the seat since it's easier and faster to achieve than building a fuel tank from scratch...

The seat I found is perfect except for the damaged cover so it's exactly what I needed.
After removing the cover, I started with cutting the end of it and trimming the foam in a slope shape to copy the cafe look.
I picked up some "carbon fiber" vinyl (similar to what sargent uses) at my local supplier, cut some pieces to fit and sent everything to the upholstery shop for the sewing part.
I don't have a sewing machine or the skills to do French stitching but I did everything else.
I have about $15 in materials and the shop will charge me about $60 for the stitching and other goodies.
So let's say that I'll have a custom seat for $80, can't beat that.
07GuzziGriso040.jpg

07GuzziGriso043.jpg

07GuzziGriso045.jpg

07GuzziGriso047.jpg

07GuzziGriso048.jpg

I'll have everything done next week.

It would be interesting to see how much modification the Centauro Sport seat with the rear cover would have to be modified to fit the Griso. If I remember correctly, the Centauro seat used the same rear locating/locking pin as well. I think having the Centauro style rear seat cover/bum stop may look very nice on the Griso.

I'm anxious to see how your seat comes out Pascal.

All the best,

Mark

Oooh, keep posting pictures. Two of us bought two brand new seats as donor seats (so we can keep the stock seat). Chris is taking his to a well known seat maker (sergeant or russell?) and I'm looking at a local guy to do mine. I'm hoping to raise the seat up a bit, retain dual seating and the brown leather color.

But I have not finalized a shape yet so open to stealing good ideas. :)

Mine will be a solo seat and I'll try to use a hard cover (maybe 1200 Sport?) or make one in aluminum...
Here's the material that I used for the insert:

049a.jpg

Well, finally.
Seat is done and on the bike.
Took forever to get the embroidery done because my local guy went out of business so I had to send the piece of vinyl out before sewing everything together.
Came out great but the only thing... I should have tried in silver instead of gold for the lettering.
I wanted to stay true to the Guzzi color but there is no gold on the bike.
Still plenty happy though. :D :D :D

Grisoseat005.jpg

Grisoseat009.jpg

Grisoseat007.jpg

Next task on this bike, and it's a big one... The fuel tank.
I was given a defective one that I'll use as mock up but I'll have to make it in aluminum and borrow my buddy's TIG.
I just want to raise the shape of it and gain a 1.5 Gallon autonomy.
That will be a thread for later...

Now for the little details, the small bracket to mount your hugger, bolted to top side of carc, PAINT IT BLACK!

ghezzi said:
Now for the little details, the small bracket to mount your hugger, bolted to top side of carc, PAINT IT BLACK!

DON'T FREAKING SCREAM AT ME!!!!
The bike has a silver and black trim... that little bracket is fine the way it is.

The seat looks incredible. Very well done!
Where did you get your tank protector? That is the exact size I have been looking for.

Thanks for the compliment guys...

kmac33, I used the regular longer one that I trimmed to fit below the Griso 8V sticker.
But now, said sticker is coming off :( :(

I must say that seat looks verry good. well done m8.
No comment on the hugger bracket :lol: :lol: but what kind of hugger is it. I'm still looking for one to fit on my SE
Does it protect the bridge aswell???

kampe said:
I must say that seat looks verry good. well done m8.
No comment on the hugger bracket :lol: :lol: but what kind of hugger is it. I'm still looking for one to fit on my SE
Does it protect the bridge aswell???

That hugger is made by Skidmarx an I got it from Amazon.com
What's the bridge? I'm French you know... :D :D
That thing protect the shock area and is low enough to meet with the swing arm housing so you're good.
Get it! :)

Does not look all that different from the stock seat so how does it feel?

I'm very interested in the gas tank project. Keep us posted on that!

I went after a smother look at the end of that seat, instead of having that bulge sticking out and killing the lines of the tail section.
A slope is want I wanted...
As far as feel, it's the same since I didn't alter the foam pad.

I'm gonna tackle the gas tank shortly...

LOL, I posted on your thread and I like what you did...
In my case, the overhanging was bugging me from day one so as soon as I found a busted seat (been looking a long time) I took care of it.
I didn't want to waste money on a new seat for that mod...

Back