• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Australian Power Commanders are F@#KED

ghezzi

High Miler
GT Contributor
To clarify, the Power Commander product is fine except mine lasted 3 months before developing a fault.
The parent Co, Dynojet are also fine but the Australian distributors (SERCO) are piss poor.

No longer can a dealer get a direct credit/replacement for a faulty unit, it has to be sent back to Serco for checking first.
After a 4 week wait and direct complaints to Serco, they phoned me on Tues 12th of June to say they have a replacement unit which will be at my dealer/tuner before the end of the week (Fri 15th). They are only 35km away from each other and an $8.00 courier fee would have it there in less than 4 hours.

It is now Tues 19th and my dealer/tuner is still waiting.
After 2 Guzzi's with 2 fucked up PC's I will never buy this product again. Long live the Dellorto!

THE AFTER SALES SERVICE IN AUSTRALIA IS NON-EXISTANT!

sorry to hear that. One thing you might want to try, is call or email dynojet and let them know they are losing customers in Australia because of their distributor there. Dynojet is a very respected company here (USA). Who knows, it might accomplish something. I once ordered several mazda branded items (shirt, mug, duffel bag, etc) from mazda's official store (M-brand) on their website, which is actually operated by a subcontractor. After waiting, emailing and calling the company for almost a month after placing my order, with no items received and no reply, I emailed mazdaUSA and told them I was not happy at all with who they were using to run their M-brand store, as well as what happened. Two days later, someone from M-store called me, apologized and said they were going to refund my money, send all my items as well as several other items for free. I had all the items in less than a week, all free. Sometimes you just happen to reach the right person to get things done.

Wish it was that easy. Dynojet are well aware of the problems as local dealers have been complaining for years.

Local race mechanic has been waiting for a PC for weeks, for an R1 mind you but they have none in stock.

It all probably stems from the fact that we are such a small market that head office doesn't care, meanwhile local importers are screaming to the Govt for import protection from all those who shop online, even though locally sourced items are usually more than double the price of what we can buy retail from the USA.

:evil: its like talkin to a brick wall ......................

But the good news is my baby comes home tomorrow

rant over!

After speaking with others in the industry, it appears Serco who import and distribute many products aren't holding much stock in hand.

Global economy? or
Internet shoppers? Point is, the less they hold and the longer it takes them to supply, the more chance customers will shop overseas on line.

If I had asked Todd to supply my PC in the first place, the replacement would have arrived sooner even if he swam to Australia. But hey, I thought it prudent to have my Dyno tuner supply and fit.

Bella is better now.

Took Bella for a ride last night, same problem exists.

Hit a bump, and it is like toggling the kill switch.
Leaving my Mums place it was like total PV failure again, it wouldn't accept any throttle,
just farts, splutters and backfires, Came good so I rode home with the occassional hiccup.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Absolutely, so I will repeat it here.
Ozzy Graf from OZ-Racing & Mechanical diagnosed some time ago that there were starter motor and coil issues plus the earth lead needed replacing. The lower end is attached to the engine just above the starter motor (forward end), but the terminal only has a 5mm holes and held by small bolt (Top mount for plastic cover over the starter motor).

I had a new lead made, slightly longer than standard and fitted as per original, problems continued.
Multiple error codes relating to coils, injector relays, starter motor and relay but all listed with "Earth" issues.

Ozzy drilled the 5mm hole to 8mm and attached the lead to the crankcase/gearbox stud next to the left side throttle body, all fault codes have now dissappeared.

Re dyno'd just to check with diagnostics all clean and clear with no intermittent dips in ignition and fuel delivery.

All I need to do now is ride a bumpy road where the symptoms first appeared.

Back