• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Exhaust question for 04 cal ev

Scottcc

Tuned and Synch'ed
A couple pics to ask if my new to me bike has the originals. If not do these replacements delete the cat? And if so how would I know if tuning needs adjustment. Thanks, sorry for all the questions, I just want to know all I can about my bike. ;) I filled for the second time found I am getting 42 mpg with passenger, that's excellent.
photobucket-1598-1339262599857.jpg

photobucket-2123-1339262641679.jpg

There is no name or emblem that I can find.

Those are not the stock mufflers. As to what they are, I don't know. It appears the pre-muffler has been removed but from the photos I'm not sure. If it isn't Todd's crack proof H pipe, you want one. You may or may not want to go back to stock mufflers. I used an H pipe and stock mufflers on my 2003 EV and she would deliver 42-46 mpg. So if you are getting 42 two up, I'd be happy as you said you are. As far as I know, the 2004 EV did not have a catalytic converter.

My 2011 Black Eagle is dead on at 35mpg with single rider. Low fuel light comes on at 140 miles. Don't recognize the mufflers kinda looks like Emgo's version of the old Dunstalls but the brackets looks like it was made for the Guzzi. I sure wouldn't change a thing & I am so happy you're digging the Guzzi.

Thanks, for more info, my wife likes riding only in evening when it is cool, we ride with armored jackets. The H pipe looks OE to me they have a bolt located 1 1/2" above the H connection on either side, if that is standard.

I do have a brake issue, the linked system pulsates only at low speed, when aproaching a stop they can be rough which is no fun with a passenger. I cleaned the brakes using metal polish then aerosol brake cleaner. It seemed to cure the problem but it was only temporary. The rotors are in spec but the pads in front look thin, the dealership where I bought is going to look at brakes Tuesday. He said he will make it right. I think the pads have hot spots, other than that yea, I am digging the bike.

Pads or buildup on the rotor may be the cause of the pulsing. The rotors are only semi floating rotors not full floating. Find a long downhill and do repeated hard braking with the integrated system only. If may free up the buttons on the rotors and eliminate the pulsing.

I took a tapered punch and flexed each button while spraying break cleaner, it is not as it was but still feeling it. I hope the dealer figures it out.

Those look like Emgo Road Hawk 840 a dunstall replica. Did you buy that bike out of Winchester,VA

Yep, bought from a shop near Winchester. Thanks for the heads up on the mufflers they look a lot like Emgo and they seem to be on the loud side. I took some temperature readings, the exhaust flange is 327f after riding, under the flange is about 285, the intake side is 220+ and the exposed side of the cylinder dead center is about 240+ both sides are fairly even. I think the fuel economy might be from running a bit lean. I went over most of the bike tightening up everything that was loose only body parts and the headlight needed attention, It eliminated a few rattles. Also I am getting the hang of shifting without false neutrals.

Scottcc said:
Also I am getting the hang of shifting without false neutrals.
The Guzzi Shift Mantra: PULL (breathe) SHIFT (breathe) Release Go like hell.....

Scottcc,

For quick and smooth shifts, preload the shifter. Also do not squeeze the clutch all the way in, just enough to disconnect power briefly. Correct throttle action helps as well. She will shift very well with this technique. Also don't be afraid to press firmly on the heal toe shifter. You must be positive in your shifting to make good shifts.

Back