• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TRAUMATISED

charlietuned

Tuned and Synch'ed
Im traumatised , was checking through my 2011/2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX, and noticed,to my horror, that there was a sticker on the ABS unit with the words Aprilia -CHINA on the sticker!!!! can it be true ???? :? :?

Moto Guzzi are in good company.Triumph and BMW both use Chinese parts also,and I would not be surprised to find the Japanese makers do the same.What is the problem with this? China is a manufacturing superpower,better get used to the fact.

living in South africa, we are overwhelmed by chinese goods,[and gangsters] But i thought that my Guzzi would actually be safe from the oriental invasion! i actually thing that in the main, chinese workmanship is very good, but the materials they use leave a lot to be desired

charlietuned said:
living in South africa, we are overwhelmed by chinese goods,[and gangsters] But i thought that my Guzzi would actually be safe from the oriental invasion! i actually thing that in the main, chinese workmanship is very good, but the materials they use leave a lot to be desired

but you have to distinguish between products made by chinese companies by their own and between products made in china but unter control of european, american or japanese companies. there is a big difference in qualtiy and Q+E.

the chinese scooters you know have nothing to do with anything produced under foreign control.

As things go with the "eurocrisis" economic farce it is very possible to have Italy return to the Lira in short notice and then you guys will be able to buy the passion bikes cheaply while me in the depreciated Greek Drachma will be looking at them only in foggy dreams (now in euro I can at least have clear dreams)...

If Greece falls :arrow: Spain falls :arrow: Italy falls :arrow: Europe falls :arrow: USA likely follows :arrow: all we'll be able to afford will be a 37th hand Piaggio Ciao moped...

ciao-fred-ok.jpg

One can only hope that China eventually provides living wages to its workers and their standard of living expectations improve vastly such that labor costs finally make manufacturing less desirable in China. I believe that is occurring based on the growing affluence reflected in automobile sales there.

They are now on the rising part of the capitalistic curves - it will be a heck of social bang when they get to the decadence part of the circle in 15-20 years with so many people there

Goodvibes said:
One can only hope that China eventually provides living wages to its workers and their standard of living expectations improve vastly such that labor costs finally make manufacturing less desirable in China...
... and then big money will move to other developing countries where labor costs are still low ;)...

charlietuned said:
I have 3 stripped lambrettas for sale if that will help your countries out of their financial woes!!
Lambrettas are super-cool!!! B)
I learned to ride on one of them when I was 13! :mrgreen:

I don't mind too much. Chinese manufacture makes a lot of things affordable. Yes it's at the detriment of our own economies' manufacturing, but that's the price you pay for a unionised economy compared to non-unionised.

For us people wanting many more than just a filled stomach but not over someone's else empty stomach both economic system ways seem to come down to a loose-loose situation :S

Mi_ka said:
For us people wanting many more than just a filled stomach but not over someone's else empty stomach both economic system ways seem to come down to a loose-loose situation :S
Well at least in the USA one's standard of living seems to derive as the expense of someone else's lower standard of living. An aspect of of our capitalism that is flawed IMHO. I see you are from Greece, so I can only imagine what you are experiencing.

The truth is we are a deeply rotten society.
We had more than 1500 years head start of civilization to our northern creditors so corruption runs to very deep layers of people's mentality.
Things are not better for younger societies but corruption has yet to creep into deep depths so they function better and this ends up to translate to much larger economic power in the modern globalized economic system.

What is often not talked as fingers are pointed fiercely on to us is that besides the coruptee responsibilities for this mess there are also HUGE responsibilities that should be attributed to the corruptors, most of the bad ass creditor countries and their big companies that have annihilated any forces against corruption since the modern Greece establishment 180 years ago.
They are to blame also but only us are put to blame...
Too messy situation to explain here...

Back