• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

TPS, Ducatidiag, ECM and Maps

gulveal

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all,
I recently downloaded Ducatidiag free (though I did make a donation later), bought some £15 cables off ebay and used it to reset my TPS after balancing my throttle bodies. I also used it to monitor the temperature so I didn't cook the engine while performing the balancing.

These are two screen shots I got from the ECM program after I dumped my map using Ducatidiag:

It got me to wondering, if I reset my TPS when I am holding my throttle open slightly, wouldn't this just move it along the map and cause it to run a bit richer? Would this be an alternative to using the O2-Optimizer or would it just be cancelled out by the adjustments caused by the O2 sensor? Just idle curiosity really.

Out of interest these are the dumps from another map someone posted:

And here is the difference between the two map values, i.e. how the GRS4V34 values differ fron the GRS8V68:

David

Attachments

• 2229GRS8V68.jpg
    2229GRS8V68.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 3,278
  • 2229GRS8V68.jpg
    2229GRS8V68.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 3,278
  • 2229GRS4V34.jpg
    2229GRS4V34.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 3,276
  • 2229GRS4V34-3d.jpg
    2229GRS4V34-3d.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 3,277
  • 2229GRS diff.jpg
    2229GRS diff.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 3,276
gulveal said:
It got me to wondering, if I reset my TPS when I am holding my throttle open slightly, wouldn't this just move it along the map and cause it to run a bit richer?

Actually, holding the throttle open and doing a reset will make the bike leaner. When you let go, the throttle reading will be less than 4.6 degrees which is what you want at idle, and all readings will be less than the actual opening.

gulveal said:
if I reset my TPS when I am holding my throttle open slightly

I think the ignition timing would be advanced too much or too soon.

I have the VDSTS for my 5AM and like the screens, very simple. I can't make heads or tails for the shots you are showing. Are there other screen views?

These aren't the Ducatidiag screens. These are screen dumps from ECM - Edit & Custom Map. ECM lets you look at the Ignition Advance map too:
and the Trimmer Ignition Advance Map:

Ducatidiag looks like this, though obviously with values displayed when it's connected up to the bike:

Attachments

• GRS8V68 ignition advance map.jpg
    GRS8V68 ignition advance map.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 3,185
  • Ducatidiag1.jpg
    Ducatidiag1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,184
  • Ducatidiag2.jpg
    Ducatidiag2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3,184
  • Ducatidiag3.jpg
    Ducatidiag3.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 3,184
Suncoast said:
Does anyone else use this program instead of the VDST?

yes, I use it and it works fine. But I did no TPS calibration, my TPS is fine with 4.6 .

is the ECM also for free or is it no freeware/shareware ?

gulveal said:
Hi all,
I recently downloaded Ducatidiag free (though I did make a donation later), bought some £15 cables off ebay and used it to reset my TPS after balancing my throttle bodies. I also used it to monitor the temperature so I didn't cook the engine while performing the balancing.

I have downloaded the software but cannot find the cables on ebay here in the US.
Can you please post pictures or web jumps to the exact cabling needed ?

Thanks!

Yes the ECM was a free download too: http://ecmtool.free.fr/

These are the actual ones I bought:
16PIN OBD2 TO 3PIN OBD1 DIAGNOSTIC ADAPTOR CABLE F FIAT
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1140...tem=220808692750&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123
I think a search for Fiat OBD1 should find some of these.

And

USB VAG-COM 409.1 OBD 2 II CABLE LEAD AUDI VW VAG COM
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e1140...tem=220518250615&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:1123
I think a search for USB 409.1 should find some of these.

Tell me if these links are no good for you in the US.

This forum has all the details: http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/index.php. It is a french forum but there is an international section for english speakers. I also look at it using Google Chrome browser to translate.

Regards,
David

Thanks for the info David.....:^)

I have located the cabling from a company in China that exports to the US called GreeBid for about $27.00 .
Strange that it does not come up somewhere in the US for sale ?

It looks like the ecm software works inside of the ducatidiag software? Yes ?

Can I just download and connect and it works or need I request a license from the forum just for the ecm part ?

Thanks again,
Mike

You can get to the DucatiDiag download through here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http://jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/index.html

I can find the USB 409.1 cables in on ebay in the US, but not the Fiat one - I guess Fiats aren't very common in the US.

The ECM program works independently of DucatiDiag. You run it up, then load in a map file to view, and optionally a second map file to compare. You can get DucatiDiag to dump a map file from your ECU, and you can download other peoples to your PC to compare. ECM doesn't need a licence.

David

Hi all
I'm new here.
Just got a 2 year old Stelvio.
Downloaded the software and noticed there was a Stelvio update.
Can anybody advice if I can hse the software and the plug needed ?
Thanks

I assume you can use the cables described above to connect to the Stelvio.

I haven't used the extra software that you have to buy to update the map, it would be best to ask on the DucatiDiag forum about that and its cabling requirements.

David

I don't have the cables or software yet.
Apparently, this is available with the vdst. But the vdst can't upload new FI map.
I'm a newbie to the Stelvio, had a 1100GS until 2 weeks ago.
Any other advice would be much appreciated.

To clear things a bit. There are 3 pieces software, first ducatidiag, is free, but to reset things on the bike you have to register on the forum and post your details in the appropiate forum to get a license key file. That one you place in the same directory as the ducatidiagprogram.
Now you can do the same as VDST.

Then with the same program you can download(dump) the map out of your ecu.

If you want to see whats inside that map, of want to modify it, you can use ECM, also free. You can use ECM even if you don't have ducatidig to compare maps. Just to see whats in a map. Most guzzi maps are collected and on the website.

Now you want to upload your modified map back to your bike, or just upload the same map as is in there but switch off the lambda(s), or even try a map from another bike. Then you need the Writer from Ducatidiag, cost is 100 euro.

The forum is here: http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/
Software is here: http://jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/

ECM software is on another place as it's made by soneone else, but you can find the location in the forum, as the location of all maps.

Back