• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

After Market Mag / Forged Aluminum Wheels???

HOG4DNR

Tuned and Synch'ed
Does anyone know a company that makes mag / forged aluminum wheels for a 2012 Griso SE. I am not a big fan of spoked wheels, as in cleaning them.

I would love to find a light weight alternative.

Thanks

I'm sure you could find another Griso owner to trade with. Heck, I may trade you the oem Marchesini wheels from my 2009 Griso 8v for the spoked ones.

Mark

Magnesium or forged aluminum wheels would likely be hard to find for a CARC Guzzi. The rear wheel is the issue, Guzzi went with their own design instead of copying BMW or Ducati with their single sided wheel.
As mentioned, there are plenty of people with Griso's that would trade you stock Griso wheels (which are pretty light) for your spoked wheels. The key would be finding someone reasonably local to where you are.

Stelvio cast wheel sizes are 2.75 x 19 & 4.25 x 17 (150 rear tire)

That will look weird on a Griso SE.

I wanted to get a set of cast wheels for my Griso SE too, they are more reassuring especially on a long trip comparing to the alpinas.

DSCF0923.jpg

I am not a big fan of the look of the standard Griso 3 spoke alloy wheel on the rear of my bike. I have no issue with its weight but it looks a bit naff when you don't have the standard muffler covering it up. I quite like the look of the spoke wheels on the SE even though I presume they are heavier than the alloy wheels but they are out of my price range.

I have been pondering potential alternatives for a while now and had considered trying to modify a Ducati single side swing arm wheel hub/spindle, to attach it to the rear wheel mounting on the Griso so I could use a wheel from one of the Ducati models such as a Multistrada, Hypermotrd, Monster etc.
This is probably a bit impractical for anyone without plenty of money and or engineering / machining experience or ready access to someone who could experiment with the parts. As I have none of the above I have abandoned the idea unless I win the lottery but someone else with the resources and the desire might wish to try it out.

An alternative could be to find out if the wheel mounting hub used on the Rossopurro Ipothosys show bike is available for sale to the public, so that you could fit the OZ Racing wheel they use or maybe a Ducati wheel. This bike uses a standard CARC as shown in the pictures below so I assume they have made up a unit which can bolt to the standard CARC wheel mounting flange.
I would be interested to know if the part is available but as my italian consists of a few names for various forms of pasta I haven't been in a position to contact Rossopurro to ask the question.
Mark

Attachments

• moto_guzzi_custom_ipothosys7.jpg
    moto_guzzi_custom_ipothosys7.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 630
  • griso-1.jpg
    griso-1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 627
  • OZ Racing Wheel.jpg
    OZ Racing Wheel.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 628
Mark111 said:
I am not a big fan of the look of the standard Griso 3 spoke alloy wheel on the rear of my bike. I have no issue with its weight but it looks a bit naff when you don't have the standard muffler covering it up.

Couldn't agree more. In the near future maybe I'll send off an e-mail to OZ to see if those wheels have a chance of coming to market.

Yeah I keep wanting to have BST see if they could adapt one of their carbon fiber rims to the Griso. That would speed up the side to side transitions a bit with the weight loss.

Back