• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Cali II seat

fossilrider

Tuned and Synch'ed
Guzzis seem to me to be the "small block Chevy of the motorcycle world".By that I mean they have slowly evolved over a long period making small incremental changes,which means a ton of stuff will interchange from model to model and from year to year.Now,at least to guys like me,this is a blessing because we love to fiddle and change and modify and can't seem to leave well enough alone.BUT,just when you think you have a handle on the situation,you find that all is not as easy as it first appears.Case in point:I have bought (off ebay,of course) what I thought to be a generic "skunk-stripe" seat for a Cali and thought "all Tonti frames are basically the same so it will just bolt right on".I didn't realize that there were evidently several iterations of the famous/infamous black and white seat.And.....it appears,several different configurations of bracketry to mount them.After much time on the computer pouring over pictures,it appears that what I have is a Cali II seat which has the flatter portion where the passenger would sit (as opposed to the seat that slopes and seems it would slide the passenger right into the pilot's back).It also appears,as far as I can tell from the pictures,that the Cali II uses the rear luggage rack as the rear pivot part of the mount.The seat I have has a "U"-shaped front mount welded under the pan which looks as if it would sit down over a "backbone" frame tube,which the Tonti does not have.So.... I need whatever mounting setup will work to mount this seat on a '76 T3 Tonti frame.If anyone has such a setup that they will sell,I would appreciate a response.Or any other info/help would also be appreciated.Thanks,Steve

There is a Cal II seat bracket on Ebay that may work.
Funny I'm going the other way trying to fit a non cal seat on a 82 Cal I have bought. It came with a custom made seat on a standard Tonti pan the only thing holding it on is the latch. I though I could just use a seat bracket I have from a Convert but the fender is to wide and high, then I thought I would try the Convert rear fender but the Cal 2 has a longer swing arm so the tire will rub and the mounting points are different. So yes things look the same but are different.

I have the necessary set up (not for sale), but not the seat. If you decide to abandon fitting the seat you could send me a message if you want to sell the seat

I have just finished mounting a solo seat on the bike and am trying to decide which way to go,solo or Cali.I would really like to keep both setups and could switch from time to time,if I wanted to,since I like both looks.I finally just fabricated the necessary brackets to mount the solo and might end up having to do the same for the Cali,though I'd rather buy the correct parts if I could find them.My Cali seat was just redone before I got it and is beautiful.Thanks for the response.Steve

Back