• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

To buy or not to buy

"actually the bike's a bday gift from my wife (isn't she the best wife ever?). I wanted to get it in before I did (or didn't do) something that would change her mind :mrgreen:"

A woman that supports the bike "habit" is definitely a woman worth holding on to!
Just don't be too shocked if she ends up wanting a bike of her own :cheer: !
My experience with my "best wife ever":
Me: "What do you think about me getting back into bikes with this Moto Guzzi (shows her the Griso online)?"
Best wife: "As long as it has a passenger seat that is fine with me!"
1 month after picking up my Griso and taking her on just about every ride -
Me: "So, you think you might eventually want a bike of your own?"
Best wife: "Not for a few years...I'm having a great time just riding on the back."
3 weeks later after seeing a couple of women at a local bike night with bikes of their own -
Best wife: "Find out the schedules and locations for a motorcycle rider's course for me."
1 week later
Best wife: "Here are a bunch of bike comparisons I did online. I've decided I want a Ducati Monster!"
She has put about 3,000 miles on her Monster since June (her birthday present). She may be even more addicted than I am :mrgreen:

haha.. we picked up the bike this morning. wife is already talking about taking a rider course. i guess my best wife is better than your best wife.

Pics posted below (sorry guys..no wife pics). The 10 mile ride back home from the dealer was all 35 to 40 MPH limit. I never broke 2k rpm and was thinking "how am I ever going to get this beast into it's power band?". I am sure that day will come...soon...off i go for another round of the block.

Attachments

• GauravA-G8VBD1.jpg
    GauravA-G8VBD1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 413
  • GauravA-G8VBD2.jpg
    GauravA-G8VBD2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 413
  • GauravA-G8VBD3.jpg
    GauravA-G8VBD3.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 413
Pics uploaded above for you. Congrats!

Beautiful bike. I can see the grin right through the helmet.

It's killing me that mine is still in transit. Moto Guzzi says a Black Devil SE with my name on it will arrive at the dealership this month.

Do Italians know there are only 31 days in August?

When I ordered my 2012 Griso i had the choice of getting the new SE and after a couple of sleepless nights I opted for the normal black Griso over the black devil because i thought the gloss black added to the 'classic' appeal of the bike. No matter which color you end up with, your Griso will always be the centre of attention ;) but i guess you already know that by now :D :D Congrats on the new bike.

I spent my early childhood on my dad's Rajdoot and so, to the purist child in me, motorcycles can only be black and can only have round headlights :). Partially for that reason, I was very attracted to Harleys - I almost bought a 48 at one point. However, being a gadget geek, I was also looking for sophistication and I found the HDs lacking in this department. This is where the Griso came in - just enough "tradition" with just enough "modern zing". As far as the choice of color goes, I thought the white, red and orange Grisos looked very exotic - a bit too exotic for my introvert soul. I found the Tenni Green scheme very elegant - something special. I started looking for a Tenni but couldn't find one locally and wasn't sure if I wanted to go through the hassle of shipping it from out of state. So one day, just for the heck of it, I went to check out the black/silver scheme at the local dealer - fully expecting to hate it - but when I saw it, it felt "just right" - again just enough tradition with just enough zing. So that's how I made my decision. It's such a beautiful machine that it'll look good in any color. I am happy with my choice though. Anytime I have a doubt, all I have to do is step in to the garage and take a look ;)

gaurushab said:
Pics posted below (sorry guys..no wife pics). The 10 mile ride back home from the dealer was all 35 to 40 MPH limit. I never broke 2k rpm

On a serious note here....don't lug the engine. I'd recommend keeping the revs up to at least 3.5K. You don't have to get into 6th gear. Particularly in the early stages of break-in it is important to put the engine under some serious strain in 2-3-4th gear. You want to get the rings to seat so full throttle blast to 6.5K in each gear is actually going to be good for the engine.

gaurushab said:
Pics posted below (sorry guys..no wife pics). The 10 mile ride back home from the dealer was all 35 to 40 MPH limit. I never broke 2k rpm

pyoungbl said:
On a serious note here....don't lug the engine. I'd recommend keeping the revs up to at least 3.5K. You don't have to get into 6th gear. Particularly in the early stages of break-in it is important to put the engine under some serious strain in 2-3-4th gear. You want to get the rings to seat so full throttle blast to 6.5K in each gear is actually going to be good for the engine.
Kapish

Congrats on picking up the great looking bike....and congrats on the great wife too!

Thank you all for nice comments. The bike is running great except for low rpm jerks. I talked with the dealer's service manager and although he was very courteous, he didn't seem to be aware of map #68. He offered to "take care of the problem" if i took the bike over. I plan to go over next week to see if they have any experience flashing newer bikes with the 03 map (I am assuming my bike has 03) back to 68. If i get the slightest sense that they might screw it up, I plan to back off and send the ECU to Todd instead.

Congrats on the wife and Griso. It is the "anti-HD" as far as RPM goes and it will get better and better as she beds in (my Stelvio was much like my r12 BMW, 10-12K). It will pull from the basement, but mid 3-4ks will be better as well as running her up and down the rev range. Not to preach, but don't lug, keep her from bouncing off the rev limiter, nor just steady rpms and you will be very happy how she stretches her legs in no time. Unless it is really bad, I would just do some miles for the regular first service and also make sure throttle cable is adjusted properly, it can add greatly to jerky low speed riding. Make sure at her service the valves, tps, etc., is set correctly, it's simple, but critical and the tune you have is easy to check when they plug her in.

cheers and safe travels

Back