• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2012 NTX fuel countdown

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Anybody got a read on this yet? Had mine down to pooter counting up to 35 kms before I refueled. Got 25 ltrs. in the tank Which means I had 7 ltrs left. The light had been on for some time and the last bar on the gauge disappeared a few kms ago. 7 ltrs. would carry me a whole lot longer. Anyone got this down to a science?

Carry some spare fuel and go find out wot yours is as every bike will be a little bit different. There's plenty of room in those panniers isn't there? You might have to do it 2 or 3 times to get an accurate reading

Not an exact science. I have the same experience. The reserve is indeed 7 liters. My low fuel light has come on and travelled 2 KM and put 25 lires, travel 50 km and put 25 litres, travel 75 km and put in 26 litres. Seems to error on the good side of things atleast. I figure I won't push it past 100KM on reserve but seems like we could go even longer.

canuck1969 said:
Not an exact science. I have the same experience. The reserve is indeed 7 liters. My low fuel light has come on and travelled 2 KM and put 25 lires, travel 50 km and put 25 litres, travel 75 km and put in 26 litres. Seems to error on the good side of things atleast. I figure I won't push it past 100KM on reserve but seems like we could go even longer.

My low light comes on after about 6.2 us gallons burned - leaving about 2gal/7litres left

Saying that I have gone 50 miles into reserve and added 7.7 us gallons

Manual shows 2 us gal/7ltr reserve so this jives on my bike

during my stelvio breakin the computer indicated 5.6L/100 - two long road trips 1200k or 720 miles for our US riders. 24 liter fillups once the light came. Took it to the max on the last fill up, 1hr 20min or 80 miles - filled up 30 liters. Road home 300k exactly two bars left showing before the light came on. Tank range on 30L, a safe figure 500Km or 312miles using a 6L/100 or 1.5gal/62miles. Anymore than that without a stretch break belongs on the Iron Butt team.

I've run mine down past no bars showing and over 50 kms counting up on the Pooter. Filled it with 26 ltrs of fuel. The trip counter read 365 kms. Got a little antsy with the light being on for so long but it seems obvious that I would get over 400 kms if I wanted to stretch it.

Closer to 550km without worries - Vanderhoof to Smithers is exactly 300k plus another 30 to my door. I had a half tank left. Next morning 20.00 filled it up, gas price was 1.34 per liter - approx 15.5 liters used for the 330k which jives with the computer useage per 100k @ 5.4 - 5.7L

boxermoose said:
My low light comes on after about 6.2 us gallons burned - leaving about 3gal/7litres left
Saying that I have gone 50 miles into reserve and added 7.7 us gallons
Manual shows 2 us gal/7ltr reserve so this jives on my bike

I get pretty much the same as above. Fuel light = 2 us gallons = 80 more safe miles,

About the same. Filled this morning after 25 miles on the yellow light. It took 6.66 US Ga so I had almost 2 Ga left in the tank.

The thing I don't know is how well does the tank empty?? In other words, how much is still left in the tank when the engine stops running??

ChuckH said:
About the same. Filled this morning after 25 miles on the yellow light. It took 6.66 US Ga so I had almost 2 Ga left in the tank.

The thing I don't know is how well does the tank empty?? In other words, how much is still left in the tank when the engine stops running??

not much - I filled 31.5 liters into my stelvios 32 l tank and came already with motor stuttering to the gas stastion :mrgreen:

[quote="ferdi not much - I filled 31.5 liters into my stelvios 32 l tank and came already with motor stuttering to the gas stastion. [/quote]

Good information Ferdi!! It sounds like the tank is designed to empty quite well. So, when I filled this morning with 6.66 US Ga, I could have run another 40 or so miles (about 1 Ga for me) and still had a half Ga or so remaining.

That means I'm going to have to screw up my courage and run it to empty to see how far it will go. That's an experience I will want to have reasonably close to home with a container of fuel strapped on rear of the bike and not in middle Montana.

Mine seems to run worse and worse as I get down to the last couple of ltrs. just ran it down to two ltrs. left at 490 kms. on the clock. So I would be up to near 550 kms at runout. But, like I said, it seems to run worse and worse at near empty. Then I fill it and she's happy as her clam.

Toadride said:
Mine seems to run worse and worse as I get down to the last couple of ltrs. just ran it down to two ltrs. left at 490 kms. on the clock. So I would be up to near 550 kms at runout. But, like I said, it seems to run worse and worse at near empty. Then I fill it and she's happy as her clam.

I encountered the same thing. With the last liters it runs like out of sync. But after filling the tank she runs very smooth again.

Back