• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Quirky Big Gal.

Toadride

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So I am enjoying myself immensely riding what has got to be one of the best rides in the world, the Cabot Trail. When I look down and a glaring red triangle is staring up at me with a big SERVICE stamped across the screen. I immediately back down the power and think 'OMG, not here!'
I'm on the downhill so I slow to coasting speed and am trying to think what the Hell that could mean. Fortunately within five minutes the light goes out and everything seems normal again. I do notice that the odo has just turned over 16600kms and I start putting my math skills to work only to realize I don't have any. :lol:
But it seems to me 16600 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 10000 miles? I dunno. But was it telling me I should be getting a 10000 mile service? To compound matters I get to a campground and have to climb a steep short grade to a level spot, riding the clutch as I do because this gal ain't got no low gear. For doing a couple of mph, you really have to ride the clutch. I stop and get hit with a big whiff of burnt clutch. So, then I'm thinkin, was that what the warning light was all about. It was the first time I ever smelled the clutch and it spooked me. But, sure enough, testing it out the next day proved it was just a wee burn I gave it.
The light got me digging thru the manual. Pg. 73. Display Alarms. High Priority and low. No mention of what the red triangle and service mean. Well, in English anyway. Anybody know what Error! Da Centralina and Error! Quadro Strumenti (isn't that some kinda icecream?) mean?
Then on pg. 74, there it is,'If warning lights or SERVICE icon light up for short periods of time, this does not indicate malfunctioning. Fageddaboutit! WTF?!!!

Go into the diagnostics menu. If no error codes are present, then you are OK. It will be due for a service when the small wrench icon appears.

All levels are fine. My girl's got more personality than Yossarian's Whore so I am just chalking it up to the Ghost in the Machine. :)
As for diagnostics. Guess I'm noot allowed because it asks for a code.

Toadride said:
All levels are fine. My girl's got more personality than Yossarian's Whore so I am just chalking it up to the Ghost in the Machine. :)

Doug, if the spanner appears again, it is easy to clear. Go into the menu on the dash and scroll down until you get to the clear service code option (I can't remember exactly what it is called, but it is something like that.) Enter the code 10695 and the wrench will disappear.

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
Toadride said:

Don, if the spanner appears again, it is easy to clear. Go into the menu on the dash and scroll down until you get to the clear service code option (I can't remember exactly what it is called, but it is something like that.) Enter the code 10695 and the wrench will disappear.

Bruce
It wasn't the spanner, Bruce. It was "SERVICE" written across the screen.
And thanks for the code guys.
I get to dsb 5 under memo there is an x. But, for the life of me I can't get it to show me what the memo is.
Doug

Toadride said:
It wasn't the spanner, Bruce. It was "SERVICE" written across the screen.
And thanks for the code guys.
I get to dsb 5 under memo there is an x. But, for the life of me I can't get it to show me what the memo is.
Doug

Codes are listed in the Breva general service manual that you can download from this site. Memo indicates in memory versus an active fault.

Well, Bison, I. can at least confirm you aren't crazy. My quirky big gal just did the same thing last Thursday.

Just finished a full week all over western Wyoming. I was doing a long straight stretch, 55 mph and I wasn't going much faster. Right in the middle of it, I got the same blaring red light and the massive "Service" message. Everything sounded and felt fine, plus I was miles from an intersection much less help, so I kept going. About 5 minutes of that, it went away and never heard from it again. No problems.

Weird.

Might be a loose connection? I had the dreaded triangle and service message, a quick chat to the dealer he suggested that I check the main connection to the speedo, I did that pulled it apart and reconnected it a few times and it went away.

They are a great ride!

Back