• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Centauro fi

BRIAN

Just got it firing!
Getting closer to sorting the Centauro out. It still has stumbles between 2-3 thousand. It has a cross over and slip ons. What is the best way to sort out the fi? Go with a power commander or some other route?

Hi Brian,

The "old school" fix to the stumble was to put a PCIII on the Centi, which was how I got mine from the PO. Being the constant tinkerer and not being able to just leave stuff alone, I pulled the PCIII off and did the regular take it to stock, rebalance the TBs, etc and found the bike to run just fine with out the extra pieces.

If you'd like to try a PCIII set up for the Centauro, I'd be happy to send you the one I have for you to test. If you like it, we can negotiate on what a fair price is. I may have a few other spare parts as well including a new "revised" oil pump that you may be interested in.

Let me know via PM.

Rick

First.. put a brass temp sensor holder on it. The ecu thinks the engine is cold all the time. This will cure several of the driveability symptoms.

Brian, welcome to the Forum. What EPROM/chip are you running? The 4V and 1100 Sport are known for that "glitch" - though the Sports are more related to the timing chain tensioner. Typically a properly fueled 4V will get rid of the hiccup outside of what Chuck mentioned above. I have a large library of maps for the Power Commander, or I can get you one new.

GT-Rx said:
Brian, welcome to the Forum. What EPROM/chip are you running? The 4V and 1100 Sport are known for that "glitch" - though the Sports are more related to the timing chain tensioner. Typically a properly fueled 4V will get rid of the hiccup outside of what Chuck mentioned above. I have a large library of maps for the Power Commander, or I can get you one new.
This is interesting.
I have an 1100i Sport that also has a hiccup between 2,500 - 3,000rpm.
It's got a full Termignoni system and the corrct chip fitted by the last owner.
It's not intrusive and does it rarely, but it is there.
It also sometimes stalls at a standstill for no apparent reason
So it could be caused by the cam chain tensioner ?
I'd never have thought of that.

Hello All,
Just found this post, no doubt the Centauro has long been sorted out,
if not........ mine had the same symtoms, fixed with,
K+N filter,
holes in air box,
Creedon chip (Top Bloke),
crossover pipe+Mistral exhausts,
Sorted.
Recently got an 1100 sport i (late one) same 2500ish stumble, unreliable tickover,
standard apart from a crossover pipe, is the fix as easy as just changing the cam chain tensioner??
Cheers Phil

Back