• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

1100 Sport Injection Cafe Project

Steve S

Tuned and Synch'ed
I bought this 97 1100 Sport injection earlier this year as a stock bike with an idea of making a cafe racer, this is how it's progressing so far, it will be an ongoing project through the winter

Attachments

• IMG-20130219-00037.jpg
    IMG-20130219-00037.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG-20130309-00062.jpg
    IMG-20130309-00062.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 252
Nice work Steve, I have been pondering something similar.

Was the subframe made by yourself? You probably lost half a ton with that alone :)

What did you use for raising the bars up? they seem higher than standard 1100 sporti clipons.

Would love to hear more about what you did on the build.

BRAVO!!! What a sweet ride, I can't imagine what else you could possibly do to it. Please keep posting updated pics.

melj said:
Nice work Steve, I have been pondering something similar.

Was the subframe made by yourself? You probably lost half a ton with that alone :)

What did you use for raising the bars up? they seem higher than standard 1100 sporti clipons.

Would love to hear more about what you did on the build.

Thanks for the comments, I looked at using the stock subframe but it was too complex and too wide so I ditched it and made this quite simple with two 25mm square tubes bolted to the spine where the standard one fixes, welded in three cross pieces to form a ladder design, then used the threaded bosses where the old frame bolts to the side plates and welded in two tubed uprights, I got the seat first and built the subframe to fit it, sorted.
The bars are made by Woodcraft from the USA and have 3ins rise.
The electrics were a bit of a challenge, the battery is under the tank in a tray welded to the frame, the ECU, relays and fusebox all fitted under the tailpiece, just.
Next job is to replace the clocks with a digital unit.

The more I look at this the more impressed I am.

Question: I see "petcocks" on both sides of the tank.
Is the pump inside the tank or external ?
Is one side feeding both injectors & the other side does?

Trout, the Sport has three things screwed into the tank, the outlet feed the pressure regulator and the fuel level switch, they all fit in any of the three holes, mine have been swapped around because the fuel pump has been moved to under the tank,
above are some new pics with the digital dash fitted.

Fitted a rear hugger today, painted gloss black to match the front fender.

Attachments

• IMG-20121022-00140.jpg
    IMG-20121022-00140.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 643
It looks really, really good and definitely better executed than the original bike in many areas. I just have to say something for the record though. Isn't saying "Cafe" and "Sport 1100i" in the same breath somewhat redundant? :lol: The original Sport 1100i is one of those Italian production cafe bikes whose very appearance seduces the observer. It would be hard to surpass the svelte appearance of the stock bodywork unless one were to go down a completely different path which this bike has. It's a superb rendition of the genre.

Fitted these bellmouths today instead of the small pod filters which restricted the motor, they are listed for the carb bike and they screw on, I fitted an o ring around the groove in the throttle body and they screwed onto that nice and tightly, drilled a tiny hole through into the TB and a small screw underneath will make sure I don't loose them.

Attachments

• Malvern Hills-20121101-00004.jpg
    Malvern Hills-20121101-00004.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 639
What a stunning bike! What wheels and tyres have you put on? Will these fit on a standard 1100i ?

Here's a new pic with mods to the exhaust and the upright tubes on the subframe, these are the Lafranconis and I still need to fab some hangers

Attachments

• Malvern Hills-20130111-00005.jpg
    Malvern Hills-20130111-00005.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 337
I quite like what you've done here except for a few things.
The rear hugger is to big and bulbous.
The seat padding is very 1960's and looks out of place.A plain cover would be better.
The mufflers are ok but was thinking something a little larger.These look a little "hot rod" to me.Not bad though.
The black and red looks good.
Ciao

Steve S said:
Here's a new pic with mods to the exhaust and the upright tubes on the sub frame, these are the Lafranconis and I still need to fab some hangers
I like these mufflers better than the shorty ones. In a perfect world I would make them about 50 mm shorter ( maybe you could slide them a little further onto the secondary pipe) with a brushed/matt finish. That for me would be perfect.
Ciao

Back