• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Tires`

swalker

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

Will need a new rear tire for my 2011 Norge before too long. Just wondering what experience others have had. I could get 12,000 miles out of a Dunlop on my 95 California 1100, but not sure if there is a tire for the Norge that will do that. Would appreciate others thoughts on this.
Thanks, Steve

Steve, you can fit the ME880's to the Norge, you just have to go with a 170/60 on the back. They offer the 120/70 for the front.

Steve, I had put a set of Metzler 880 Marathons on my Norge. I also put them on the LeMans. They make a radial that fits. The rear is a 170/60 rather than a 180/55 but works just fine. If you're looking for longevity, these may be what you would like. I also have no complaints regarding handling.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Don't have a Norge but I have a set of Metzler Interact Z8's on my Griso which is their Touring biased tyre, comes in the correct sizes.
Done about 4500 kms and the wear seems pretty good on our sand paper type road surfaces here in Oz.
Terrific in the Wet and as sticky as my previous sport tyres on all sorts of road surfaces, even managed some dirt mileage without any problems.

Mark

Steve, I have ran Metzler Z6 Interact and now run the Z8 Interact. The grip is great on the dry and outstanding in the wet. The Z8 are much better than the Z6 in rain. I think the ME880 is a good tire, but I feel that the rubber is harder, to give long mileage. If you do not want to go through the hassel of changing tires drop off your Norge to my place and I will give you my 2v with the new tires all ready mounted. BTW I will need both sets of keys and the title. Just let me know.

Good Luck, Safe riding.

Larry

So far, my favorite tires are the Metzeler Z8. I was not expecting the best feature about them, that is that they absorb shock from pot holes better than none multi tension tires. So far I have about 8k miles on the front and I got around 5k on the rear. Handling in turns is superb and they wear while maintaining their profile. I always tell Carc bike owners at rallies about them. I think they are catching on since the discount for these is shrinking while the discounts for other brands are growing.

I'm sold on multi tension tires - way better that multi compound alone, so I got a pair of Avon Storm 2 Ultras waiting on the shelf to try out. These are multi-compound combined with variable density radial belts (multi-tension). I met a fellow in Utah last year that said they are great - I'll find out next year how they perform.

Update:

Tried the Avon Storm 2s. Found that they wear a little longer than the Z8s but they scallop a bit more than the Z8s. Z8's wear near perfect in profile. The ST2s are wider just enough to rub the swing arm -no good. May have something to do with the fact that they didn't feel like multi tension tires to me - not sure. But I'll be able to compare again with the new Z8 rear tire. ST2s front turn-in like the PR2s.

Z8's are available in multi-compound now as well - these are next for me. Have one on order already...

I've only run the Pirelli Angel ST's on my Norge. I got 9000 miles out of the first set, about 5k of that was two up touring. Very impressive handling, works well in wet too. I've just replaced my rear again due to a puncture, and the dealer installed a new variant with an extra belt for heavier bikes (ahem).

Thanks to all for the replies. I may just try the Metzlers. I have had no troubles with the Angels that came on it. They handle well, but not sure how long they are going to last...

At my age, I probably do ride the Norge similiar to how I rode my 1100 Cali...LOL...

Thanks again, Steve

I would take a serious look at a set of ROSSO 2s .The rear is dual compound and after running the standard Metzlers on my 1200 sport these pirrellis are far superior, incredible traction at all lean angles, even in the wet, and although ive only done 3000 klm on them , my friend on a 181HP susuki B KING got 8000klm on a rear rosso 2. so on the Guzzi they should last even longer. Anyhow what ever tyre you put on a guzzi, she will still handle better than any light weight japper on rough road surfaces and bumps. The choice is all yours. Enjoy the flight. :shock:

I'll throw another model in the mix. Michelin Pilot Road 3. I've previously run through two sets of ME880 tires, and have been very pleased with them. Just thought I'd try a set of PR3s, and they have also worked out nicely for me on my 1200 Sport (set up for and used for sport touring).

Here's a couple of recent pics of the front and rear tires, showing the amount of tread after putting 8330 miles on the front and 6600 miles on the rear. Since then, I've put an additional 1800 miles on the set, and I think I'll go another 500-1000 miles before changing.

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n284 ... G_1478.jpg
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n284 ... G_1474.jpg

Yay ... a tire thread. :lol:

I may as well toss my BS in the anecdata mix. :p

First, I am no fan of the M6's or M8's. IME, they corded by 4K miles, but, worse, they lost whatever performance qualities they ever had by 2K miles.

I am not a died-in-the-wool "Ford or Chevy man" and am thus happy to experiment with whatever is out there, but it'll be a long time and I'll need to read some seriously positive data-filled reviews from competent riders before I ever shoe my Guzzis with a Metzler product. Understand they are linked with Pirelli, which is a concern, but my own experiences with the latter's AST's has been pretty positive.

I tend to outride my skill level most every ride. That's exciting and adds to the charm of the sport, but it also means I care way less about mileage than performance.

Reshod my Griso with PAST's recently, and am on second set on Norge. Grip in wet and dry is quite fine, and I get enough (but not too much) feedback on road surface. On a recent run, went about 4 miles on a pebble-covered road that would have fused my sphincter on the M6's or M8's. The PAST's were unflapped. I was more nervous than they were, but nary a slip, even on a couple of short sweepers that had me (stupidly) unsettle the suspension mid-turn. All that did was put a gap in my pebble rooster tail! :woohoo:

And, I just did 900 miles to and from Kentucky from Milan this past weekend. Not many opps for technical riding on that route, and I was fearing some squaring. Well, if I did, it's nigh on to imperceptible.

I'll be glad to try anything else including MP3's down the (literal) road, as I've had good results on the Norge with MPR2's, but am happy enough with the PAST's now.

Gotta say that my favorite Norge combo was MP Powers front and rear, with next most votes going to MPP front and MPR2 rear.

So much for my absolutely unscientific observations.

Best to all,

Bill

Back