• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Alarm?

pokeyjoe

High Miler
Anyone put an alarm on their bike? Any recommendations?

And yes, I know, if someone wants your bike, they're gonna get it. If it happens, I want mine to go out screaming.

We may love our V7's but I doubt that they're very high on most casual scumbag's wanted list. If your lose yours' it will probably have been nicked to order. Alarms can be more trouble than they're worth and anyway no one can hear you scream in the back of a fridge van. Get a decent lock and use it.

I put a long range wireless alarm on my V7 classic for the times I cannot keep the bike in sight.

I am more worried about people hitting the bike in parking lots and idiots touching it, than pro's targeting it.

I found a copy of a Scorpion alarm - 2 key fob sized units that beep, vibrate and lights up. I did not plug in the siren that goes on the bike, or connect the bikes horns to it - only the turn signals flash when the alarm is set or triggered.

The key fob will indicate the freq and intensity of the shock to the alarm built in sensor. (extra sensors can be added for securing car interiors, dash area etc.) The top of the line alarm unit will also have colored lights to show the type of alarm triggered)

If you wire up the kill switch to the unit, you can also disable the ignition at will.

The ones at the bike shop were over $200 - I found some on ebay for under $100.

Attachments

• alarm2.jpg
    alarm2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 433
Thanks. I think that's a bit much for me. I had to find a new place to park my previous bike because other riders kept bumping into my bike (common motorcycle parking area). Go figure. I want something much simpler than what you pictured. Chirp when you bump or nudge, full-on alarm if you move or try to start without disabling the alarm first. A passive disable would be cool, too. I'll just start shopping around, I guess.

Years ago there used to be a self contained licence plate holder and keyed alarm - simple and loud and easily adjustable too! Of course they don't make those anymore!
You could make one from bits and pieces .....

Attachments

• license plate alarm.jpg
    license plate alarm.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 419
In a slightly related matter; I stopped at a market for a few minutes. When I came back to my bike I saw that the tool bag I keep on the side was open. Someone had been looking in it. A fellow sitting in an adjacent car said "nice bike." I suspected him, but didn't accuse him.

I checked, nothing seemed missing. Fortunately I keep my good tools under the seat (titanium wrenches, leatherman). In the bag were my assortment of misc. tools. Nothing I couldn't cheaply replace.

This never happened to me before. Not a good feeling, but it could have been worse.

Back