• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Is anyone ok with their stock Griso?

matson, my Griso behaved the same way, lots of snatch at low speed and throttle position. Removing the slack from the throttle cables helped somewhat, but I ended up installing Todd's ECU and PC-V/AT and it eliminated it completely. The bike is smooth throughout, doesn't stumble or snatch anywhere, at least with my somewhat ordinary riding skills anyway. The only downside is fuel consumption has gone up, but I will be working on this with Todd's help ASAP.

:D

Is the #68 map suitable for the 1100 ? I'm not really over the moon with my 1100 when in town, out on the road it's great but a pain in the butt in town.

hugzy said:
Is the #68 map suitable for the 1100 ? I'm not really over the moon with my 1100 when in town, out on the road it's great but a pain in the butt in town.

NO, different as night and day 8V has bigger throttle bodies , cam profile and most other parameters. Doubt if the Navigator/Axione would even present the option to put in an 8V map.

Did you try taking up the throttle cable slack, reset TPS and adjust TB balance ?

hugzy said:
As Dan says above, it will not work, nor would Navigator let a dealer upload it even if they could get access to it (most in the U.S. will deny it exists, or it is hidden behind a passcode last I heard).
The G11 can be fixed, just not via a dealer due to emissions restrictions.

I was realy happy with my G850, but then again Mr. Roper himself said that that one was the best one from the factory. In fact after testing both I choosed the 850 over the 1100!

roofus said:
http://www.aprilia.com/en-US/Model/72748/Tuono+V4+R+APRC/Overview.aspx
And ?

Just rode the exact one today for demo... shocked I didn't get arrested. Wonderful engine, high hard seat, low bars. No one really needs one, and I'm not sure it can really be enjoyed on the street.

tuonov4r_overview_yellow_cropped_406x375.jpg

Hi Beatle....... Ya me thinks that depending on what you/we are used to riding,is directly related to how we feel about the 2012 Griso 8V.( My hidden expectations are Ducati throttle responce or close to it thats what Im used to)
I figured I would blow the green and go for Todds full fueling package with all the whistles..... heres the kicker! I think there are particuliar gremlins in each and every one of these monsters that need to be tamed,At least thats what its looking like,NO such thing as buying something in a box for the fix,at least not from what Im seeing....... after all thats been done at present, mine is doing the same as yours...running like shit and burning more fuel than an Hummer.... thats a fact.
Going for final attempt with Club racer engine prep guys and burnning a few more bucks on their Dyno in the next couple days..... they seem to feel with unlimited pulls and possible full surgery on fueling system/maps ect. they can get this monster running the way it should. PM me if you want the final results.
In closing...... I love this Freaking machine and highly recomend it for its sneaky delivery and sexy appearance... Oh and its just plain fun to ride.Just remember if it was easy everybody would have one. ;)

Chaps,
We have inadvertently hijacked this thread.
Please re-read the title and respond if it applies.
If I'm correct, Ohiorider is interested in those who are HAPPY with their Griso.
If people have issues surely they can be outlined in the many other threads where people have mentioned their problems.
As for me I will reiterate my situation, 08 8v with 68 Map and tuned to correct specs and throttle cables adjusted with no slack (it was crap before all that was done). Performance even with an after market pipe (DB Killer and Cat fitted) is better than I need and fueling even in the limited city riding I do is problem free.
Sure I could probably get some more go and or refine it even more if I wanted to spend the money but I would never use the additional performance and the base setting I now have is from my point of view, already good.
From my pudgy seat of the pants evaluation trying to improve my bike further would be unnecessary, maybe I'm just lucky or maybe the setup is correct.
I don't mean to suggest that others should not explore further improvements if they desire more than the standard engine offers but remember it is a Guzzi and you would never want it to be sowing machine smooth.

Mark

Back