• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Attempted to buy a Griso today, horrible dealership lol

kanaric

Just got it firing!
So I went to a dealership today to buy a Griso, was the shittiest dealership experience ever in my life lmao. This dude comes up to me like these asian ladies on the southpark clip I linked as if i'm fucking him in my asking prices meanwhile flat out lying about his MSRP (says 13,900 when i KNOW its 12,240 or somewhere around that) and acting like i'm the biggest jew in the world for getting him down to the initial asking price of 13,350 that I got from a LA dealership going on a tirade on how hes losing money in the most colorful language i've heard to date.

Guy talked like Vince Vaughn fast talking and shit so it was extremely annoying and tried to lie to me about how hes the only people who will work on this bike here and how they are the only people who will bring the bike to get fixed there if something goes wrong for free. I know this is BS, I have AAA full service which covers motorcycles so theres that, and there is a place in town that does the warranty work for this bike. He claims they don't exist and claims the dealership I was quoted at "must be going out of business" since their initial offer was so low.

The same happened at the Subaru dealership here, same type of fast talking lying douchebags. Meanwhile I go to LA and I get some nice lady whose calm and reasonable whose initial offer was 1000s less. Never buy shit in Las Vegas, the people here are con artists its to a point where it's ridiculous.

Its like these people think i'm 18 years old and an idiot and as if the internet doesn't exist. Seriously this is 2012, i know what people are paying because I have google and forums. I did a search here to see what people are paying out the door. This dude wanted to charge me out the door $15k for a griso when I did a search here before I left where people paid in the 12s or a few less.

The guy acted like he was doing a favor for me on the financing and as if I have the worst credit in the world and as if I couldn't afford that and a car payment + other debt (printed out something saying I had $35k of debt, due to a car purchase) I am a military contractor and make $70k a year and even offered a $7000 down payment. Anyone would give me a loan.

[youtube]EtwM0Xz4TbQ[/youtube]

Is there any other dealerships any of you know of that I can check out that will actually be reasonable on the price that would ship the bike out of state?

Dealer is A Team Motorcycles.

pokeyjoe said:
Looks like that dealer is the only one in Nevada. I don't know who will ship and what they will charge. Why not just buy in LA and ride it home?
I would but it would be near impossible for me because of the hours I work, work from 11pm to 7am.

Like I would have to take a day off and what I would pay in gas and the money I would lose from the day off the freight price I was offered (350) would be less than the gas.

I don't mind paying to have it shipped to me. It is not expensive at all especially when you factor in the gas prices I would probably end up paying $120 in gas alone and pay for gas for the bike and try to convince one of my friends to drive my car back most of whom can't even drive a manual transmission. So you can see where I don't mind shipping costs, lol.

Pro Italia ships, only dealer I talked to today because I thought I would be able to use their price to haggle down vegas and walk out today with a bike, nope lol.

Plus I don't like being insulted non stop when i'm trying to give them my money. This is typical of Vegas dealerships though.

kanaric said:
So I went to a dealership today to buy a Griso, was the shittiest dealership experience ever in my life lmao. This dude comes up to me like these asian ladies on the southpark clip I linked as if i'm fucking him in my asking prices meanwhile flat out lying about his MSRP (says 13,900 when i KNOW its 12,240 or somewhere around that) and acting like i'm the biggest jew in the world for getting him down to the initial asking price of 13,350 that I got from a LA dealership going on a tirade on how hes losing money in the most colorful language i've heard to date.

Guy talked like Vince Vaughn fast talking and shit so it was extremely annoying and tried to lie to me about how hes the only people who will work on this bike here and how they are the only people who will bring the bike to get fixed there if something goes wrong for free. I know this is BS, I have AAA full service which covers motorcycles so theres that, and there is a place in town that does the warranty work for this bike. He claims they don't exist and claims the dealership I was quoted at "must be going out of business" since their initial offer was so low.

The same happened at the Subaru dealership here, same type of fast talking lying douchebags. Meanwhile I go to LA and I get some nice lady whose calm and reasonable whose initial offer was 1000s less. Never buy shit in Las Vegas, the people here are con artists its to a point where it's ridiculous.

Its like these people think i'm 18 years old and an idiot and as if the internet doesn't exist. Seriously this is 2012, i know what people are paying because I have google and forums. I did a search here to see what people are paying out the door. This dude wanted to charge me out the door $15k for a griso when I did a search here before I left where people paid in the 12s or a few less.

The guy acted like he was doing a favor for me on the financing and as if I have the worst credit in the world and as if I couldn't afford that and a car payment + other debt (printed out something saying I had $35k of debt, due to a car purchase) I am a military contractor and make $70k a year and even offered a $7000 down payment. Anyone would give me a loan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... twM0Xz4TbQ

Is there any other dealerships any of you know of that I can check out that will actually be reasonable on the price that would ship the bike out of state?

Is this language necessary on this forum ?

draidt said:
kanaric said:

I am from Chicago originally and my family are Polish jews though my moms side is part russian which is where i get my forum name which is from kanarick..... non practicing though. People say I look like Geddy Lee idk how I should take that sometimes, lol.

Really that is the only way I can describe how this person behaved towards me. The hate coming from him at my trying to bargain. I never had people swear at me and threaten to throw me out of the dealership before, have you? Keep in mind his out the door price was still in the 14s at this point.

Like I said i've worked at car dealerships where I had family that were associate owners and never seen this in my life.

I apologize if this still offends you.

Sounds like you need to take a vacation from Las Vegas for a day. To buy a bike. Somewhere else. Forget what you lose by not working one day and consider what you'll gain from the satisfaction of buying for a good price, having a nice ride and getting away from the nose-to-the-grindstone contracting job. Be sure to drive to the offending dealer and showing him the errors of his way by showing him the purchase agreement. Smile politely and walk away with a huge grin on your face.

Let's say you pick a new Griso at another dealer. What are you going to do for service? Go back to the same crappy dealer? If you do your own service and something comes up that requires warranty work. Are these guys going to help you deal with Piagio and not blame you for the bikes problem?

A sorted used Griso without a warranty may be the best option. Service is easy on these bikes. With a used bike you won't have any expectations and you'd be pleasantly surprise when you rack up loads of miles trouble free rather than the frustration of a new bike in the shop, that doesn't give a shit, waiting for warranty approval.

Rafael said:
Let's say you pick a new Griso at another dealer. What are you going to do for service? Go back to the same crappy dealer? If you do your own service and something comes up that requires warranty work. Are these guys going to help you deal with Piagio and not blame you for the bikes problem?

A sorted used Griso without a warranty may be the best option. Service is easy on these bikes. With a used bike you won't have any expectations and you'd be pleasantly surprise when you rack up loads of miles trouble free rather than the frustration of a new bike in the shop, that doesn't give a shit, waiting for warranty approval.

+1 on what Rafael wrote! Do a fly and ride on the beautiful white 2009 Griso 8v I traded in in August. The original dealer (Rose Farm Classics, Woodstock, IL) set up perfectly. It's for sale here: http://www.motorcyclesohio.com/images/12gris.jpg

Seems like first impressions were really poor all around. If you had anywhere near the attitude at the Las Vegs dealer that your post above comes accross with, I'm not at all surprised things went so wrong.

All the best to you,

Mark

No matter how thin you slice a piece of cheese there are still two sides. I certainly would like to hear the dealer version of this tale.

kanaric said:
draidt said:
kanaric said:

I am from Chicago originally and my family are Polish jews though my moms side is part russian which is where i get my forum name which is from kanarick..... non practicing though. People say I look like Geddy Lee idk how I should take that sometimes, lol.

Really that is the only way I can describe how this person behaved towards me. The hate coming from him at my trying to bargain. I never had people swear at me and threaten to throw me out of the dealership before, have you? Keep in mind his out the door price was still in the 14s at this point.

Like I said i've worked at car dealerships where I had family that were associate owners and never seen this in my life.

I apologize if this still offends you.

Apology accepted, No I am not Jewish, Italian /German growing up in Brooklyn NY in the 50 's two of my best friends did not wear short sleeve shirts ever for fear of getting taunted for the unwanted tattoos on there forearm so I am sensitive to stereotyping language, enough said get the Griso you wont regret it but don't look for anything or very little off MSRP

Call GP Motorcycles in San Diego..I bought mine there about a month ago.. When I called them to see if they had a Griso they said Yes and why dont you come down and test ride it. After the test ride the salesman asked how I liked it and do I want too see what kind deal he can make me..Right from the start he knocked $1k off the list price and I was able to get the first service for free...I figured I couldnt beat that and rode it home...

I was at Riders Hill Sunday,browsing around the show room.Silver and black not sure but think that is the new 2013 color scheme.Asking price on the sticker 12490 I think. Give Anthony a call,great owner dealer great guy to deal with.
I am not sure if they ship but probably do,sell a lot of Guzzi's.
Mell/Duc

duc said:
I was at Riders Hill Sunday,browsing around the show room.Silver and black not sure but think that is the new 2013 color scheme.Asking price on the sticker 12490 I think. Give Anthony a call,great owner dealer great guy to deal with.
I am not sure if they ship but probably do,sell a lot of Guzzi's.
Mell/Duc

Ditto on Rider's Hill they are my Dealer even though they are close to 500 miles from me.

I'm trying to avoid the debate about which dealers are good and which are not, or the whole question of how the OP was treated at the dealer he went to and why.
But what I hope the OP will take from this is that with a Guzzi a knowledgeable dealer is far more important then a little money of the price. If you buy from a dealer based only on who gets you the lowest price then you may well have a bad time dealing with a poorly set up Guzzi. Yes, there are good dealers who will also knock a little off the price, but the crappy dealers will almost always knock more off the price (they have less overhead as they don't have to pay knowledgeable staff/mechanics).
While I would think a trip to buy a Guzzi would be fun, if that does not work for you then buy locally. Or go through all the hassle of having it shipped. But burning bridges with your local dealer may have consequences down the road.

GuzziMoto said:
I'm trying to avoid the debate about which dealers are good and which are not, or the whole question of how the OP was treated at the dealer he went to and why.
But what I hope the OP will take from this is that with a Guzzi a knowledgeable dealer is far more important then a little money of the price. If you buy from a dealer based only on who gets you the lowest price then you may well have a bad time dealing with a poorly set up Guzzi. Yes, there are good dealers who will also knock a little off the price, but the crappy dealers will almost always knock more off the price (they have less overhead as they don't have to pay knowledgeable staff/mechanics).
While I would think a trip to buy a Guzzi would be fun, if that does not work for you then buy locally. Or go through all the hassle of having it shipped. But burning bridges with your local dealer may have consequences down the road.

I agree, but, while I may have missed it, nothing I read from OP (or have heard or read elsewhere) gives me any particular confidence in the LV dealer's service capability. They certainly have no rave reviews on any forum I visit, tho, yes, that is hardly dispositive! ;)

I'll add that after 4 new Guzzis, just back from a 900-miler in Wisconsin this weekend on my Griso, which now has 5500 miles on it. While all my other Guzzis got "sorted out" eventually, this one has so far -- knocking on wood, plastic, and steel! -- run flawlessly from delivery.

I do still agree that a competent dealer nearby or way down the road is important, especially during warranty period.

Bill

As I said, I am staying out of the good/bad dealer debate as I have no knowledge one way or the other about that dealer.
Just saying that if you are buying a Guzzi, a good dealer and not price is the thing to look for.

If you behaved in the dealership like you behaved in your post, the treatment you got seems approppriate!

GuzziMoto said:
As I said, I am staying out of the good/bad dealer debate as I have no knowledge one way or the other about that dealer.
Just saying that if you are buying a Guzzi, a good dealer and not price is the thing to look for.

Agree. Wasn't my intent to go there, tho I can see how my words might be reasonably read that way.

My "They certainly have no rave reviews on any forum I visit" was more of an understatement. I meant that I have heard nada about that dealer's service rep, good, bad, or indifferent, thus the OP had to draw his own conclusions, possibly from the experience with the sales side of the house.

With that bridge possibly gone as result of what sounds to have been a pretty acrimonious parting, the river may be too deep to ford ... a rare thing in Nevada. :whistle:

Anyway, your "good dealer and not price" is, IMO, the right course. As I said in a related thread, I've bought four new Guzzis, all at MSRP. With exception of first dealer -- now gone -- all stellar service folks. No regrets.

Bill

Back