• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What did you do to your Moto Guzzi today?

Picked up a new battery.....at BatteryPlus....I tried the dealership, but they are really a Victory dealership, only just recently getting Guzzis. They couldn't even find "Jackal" in their computer...

Going to put it in now.....test it on Sunday....

Not much today with my new Griso, other than wish the babysitter was here so I could take him out. Yesterday, though, I spent a good six hours out and about enjoying the ride and showing him off. Sadly, I'm going to have to find and fit a mid-size windshield though. Pretty much all of my riding is done at 70+ mph freeway speeds and the wind is killing my neck after a while. Suggestions appreciated!

Dulcenea said:
Sadly, I'm going to have to find and fit a mid-size windshield though. Pretty much all of my riding is done at 70+ mph freeway speeds and the wind is killing my neck after a while. Suggestions appreciated!

Looks like the Givi A770 is the screen of choice. I've got a little Puig screen that does a reasonable job too.

Played with my Centurion-S I received yesterday.
Works great ! Thanks Todd !

In doing so; I noticed the positive battery terminal on my Griso 8V was getting corroded. So I cleaned it.
And I placed a length of bicycle inner tube around the battery to hopefully make it easier to remove the battery next time.

Managed to make enough room in my little shed to fit both bikes. Handy, cos the weather's starting to turn very cold all of a sudden...

IMG_0085.jpg

figaro said:
Dulcenea said:
Sadly, I'm going to have to find and fit a mid-size windshield though. Pretty much all of my riding is done at 70+ mph freeway speeds and the wind is killing my neck after a while. Suggestions appreciated!

Looks like the Givi A770 is the screen of choice. I've got a little Puig screen that does a reasonable job too.

The Givi is discontinued. Might be able to find a used one on Ebay.

M

Yeah, no more Givis :(
The 770, 750,760 are all discontinued.
Too bad because there isn't anything functional that looks good for the Griso so you have to make your own like I did...

To be on topic, I totally revamped my suspension today and mounted a new rear tire.
Different bike now... :p

I added a hi/low set of 132db horns to the V7R this afternoon. There's a fair bit less space under the seat on the 2013 V7's than the earlier models. On the plus side, you can just undo the rear tank bolt (and the single bolt to the faux strap on the V7R's) and slide the tank back without disconnecting anything while you run the additional wiring for relays etc. On the previous V7's, the tank was a lot more problematic. FWIW, the stock horns on the 2013 bikes sounds like a mosquito fart... :twisted:

Yesterday: Went to Todd's for an ECU flash. The improvement is quite remarkable.

Today: Replaced what looks to be the original fuel filter. :eek:

At the end of last week; washed and put the bike into the big blue body-bag for the winter hibernation... :dry:

Wrecked my bike yesterday. :( :(
Ended up in the ditch but in the best condition possible since I wasn't hurt at all and miraculously nor was the bike!!
I just don't understand this... didn't bend any levers or pegs, brake any mirrors or signals or my 770 Givi and not a scratch on the bike!!!
Thanks for tall weeds and soft ground I guess.

I went through the bike Saturday suspension wise and installed a new tire.
Been running Dunlops and they work great on the Griso for my riding style but I got a deal a while back on a tire package: Prelli Diablo for $185 so I couldn't pass it up.
This is the tire that the factory puts on the Tenni and it's simply junk sorry...
It's coming right the fuck off as soon as I get the Dunlop delivered.

It was a 350 miles trip yesterday (about 9 hours of riding not including lunch break) and the accident happened about 2 hours after we left.
I was following the guys up front at a conservative chicken strip pace but coming up a particular turn I locked the rear brake, WTF!!! I saved the bike as far as keeping it up on the asphalt but I was off course and ended up in the ditch.
I use cheap pads in the back so I don't lock the rear in a panic stop unexpectedly etc...
You have to press hard on the rear foot lever on my bike to lock the wheel and that's the way I like it.
I cannot deal with a sensitive rear brake pedal...been like that since I started riding 30 years ago.
But that Pirelli tire has no traction, it just doesn't grab. I didn't get a good feel with it since we left and my mistake was to be over confident with it even though I still have chicken strips, lol.

pedorro said:
Yesterday: Went to Todd's for an ECU flash. The improvement is quite remarkable.
Today: Replaced what looks to be the original fuel filter. :eek:
B)
:huh:

Caught it just in time it looks like.

New Belly pan

Attachments

• PA284093 (600 x 450).jpg
    PA284093 (600 x 450).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 833
  • PA284094 (600 x 450).jpg
    PA284094 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 833
Pascal said:
Wrecked my bike yesterday. :( :(
Ended up in the ditch but in the best condition possible since I wasn't hurt at all and miraculously nor was the bike!!
I just don't understand this... didn't bend any levers or pegs, brake any mirrors or signals or my 770 Givi and not a scratch on the bike!!!
Thanks for tall weeds and soft ground I guess.

I went through the bike Saturday suspension wise and installed a new tire.
Been running Dunlops and they work great on the Griso for my riding style but I got a deal a while back on a tire package: Prelli Diablo for $185 so I couldn't pass it up.
This is the tire that the factory puts on the Tenni and it's simply junk sorry...
It's coming right the fuck off as soon as I get the Dunlop delivered.

It was a 350 miles trip yesterday (about 9 hours of riding not including lunch break) and the accident happened about 2 hours after we left.
I was following the guys up front at a conservative chicken strip pace but coming up a particular turn I locked the rear brake, WTF!!! I saved the bike as far as keeping it up on the asphalt but I was off course and ended up in the ditch.
I use cheap pads in the back so I don't lock the rear in a panic stop unexpectedly etc...
You have to press hard on the rear foot lever on my bike to lock the wheel and that's the way I like it.
I cannot deal with a sensitive rear brake pedal...been like that since I started riding 30 years ago.
But that Pirelli tire has no traction, it just doesn't grab. I didn't get a good feel with it since we left and my mistake was to be over confident with it even though I still have chicken strips, lol.

Glad your OK Pascal ! I really like the Diablo's that came with my Tenni and don't understand what could have happened to you. Have you checked the rear brakes ? Perhaps something went awry when the tire was replaced ?

Pascal said:
Wrecked my bike yesterday. Ended up in the ditch but in the best condition possible since I wasn't hurt at all and miraculously nor was the bike!! I went through the bike Saturday suspension wise and installed a new tire.
Sorry to hear, but glad both you and the bike rode away.
Generally speaking with most great-deal tire sales, most are new/old stock which means age hardened rubber. I've seen some as old as 5 years. Not saying this is the case here, but caveat emptor.

draidt said:
New Belly pan
Very NICE Dan(!).

draidt said:
Glad your OK Pascal ! I really like the Diablo's that came with my Tenni and don't understand what could have happened to you. Have you checked the rear brakes ? Perhaps something went awry when the tire was replaced ?

Well thanks Dan.

I can't think of what could go wrong with my brakes... :(
I remove and install my wheels myself and I make sure to hang the caliper properly with bungee cords to avoids kinks etc...
I did the suspension work on the old Dunlop because I was used to the bike's feel with that tire.
So it's easy to assess the adjustments that way.
Rode the bike for an hour in my favorite turns and all, and the bike felt solid.
As soon as I got home after that little ride, I took my wheel off and headed to Cycle Gear for the tire change.
Got it back late afternoon and went for a quick spin but I didn't quite get good vibes with the new tire and I talked myself into the fact that it needs more break in.
I just left it at that until Sunday morning when I went riding with my buddies.
Still, I didn't like the feel of the tire before my little off road escapade and after that ordeal, the tire still felt squirmy for the rest of the day.
I'm glad you get a whole lot better experience with yours though.

And Todd... Good call but we checked the date and that tire was made in Dec 2011 and the rotation is right as well (I check that carefully everytime).
I will know this weekend when I install a new Dunlop again.

Clutching at straws here Pascal,
Tyre Pressure?
Road surface ie. water, oil, diesel, etc?

My Hypermotard (in 2007) came with Pirelli Diablo Corsa 3's, some people love those tyres but my experience was just a light sprinkle of rain and they lose temp and grip - BIG TIME!

By comparison Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's gave me heaps of confidence in all weather conditions.

Bella had rock hard ancient touring Avons on it when I bought it a year ago, they haven't shown any signs of wear in the last 5,000k - might be time for a rubber investment.

Back