• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Attempted to buy a Griso today, horrible dealership lol

Jlyon99 said:
Vespa Sherman Oaks also has a good reputation and they have your bike listed for $12,690.
Caveat Emptor. Buy from Vespa Thousand Oaks, tell Monica I sent you or of course P.I. in Glendale.

A few years ago I was waiting for the 8v Griso to come out. I sold my v11 Sport in anticipation and was just waiting for a local dealer to stock it. The Brooklyn dealer got one of the first bikes and took it to the NY MC show. It did not sell so I waited a month and strolled in.

I kept my mouth shut while the Sr. salesman unloaded his full wisdom including the revolutionary "drive-by-wire" electronic throttle. He wanted MSRP plus shipping, plus setup. I pointed out that the bike had been on his floor for months and had been set up and "shipped" to the show and back already.

He then reversed his field and said he had been talking about a hypothetical bike and not the one in front of us. THIS bike was sold and the customer was doing him a favor by leaving it on his floor so that people could see this rare model, unavailable to the uninitiated - He was a special dealer with a hotline to the midtown offices and could get me a bike but only if...

I told him I would think it over and then showed him that the electric throttle was so advanced it even worked when the bike was off. I purchased elsewhere and that shop has not floored any Guzzis since then.

Cage Free said:
Call GP Motorcycles in San Diego..I bought mine there about a month ago.. When I called them to see if they had a Griso they said Yes and why dont you come down and test ride it. After the test ride the salesman asked how I liked it and do I want too see what kind deal he can make me..Right from the start he knocked $1k off the list price and I was able to get the first service for free...I figured I couldnt beat that and rode it home...
I'll second this recommendation. I got my held-over '07 G11 there a year ago. The guy I dealt with is Josh. Very straightforward. And likewise, when I asked if they'd deal, he knocked off a considerable chunk of $$ from the asking price. (Free bagels and donuts if you visit there on a Saturday :))

Quite honestly.

There is a saying; "A deal that starts bad ends bad". After reading your posts I would be inclined to not sell you a bike because there would be this little voice in my head saying: "This bike will never stay sold. I will eat this deal for ever. It will be like chewing a tough piece of meat that only grows bigger in the mouth. Walk away now".

Some people light up a room when they enter. Others when they leave.

GT-Rx said:
Jlyon99 said:
Vespa Sherman Oaks also has a good reputation and they have your bike listed for $12,690.
Uhhh... no they don't. Caveat Emptor. Buy from Vespa Thousand Oaks, tell Monica I sent you or of course P.I. in Glendale.

Sorry, I bought my bike from Monica and must disagree in terms of service capability. Took them weeks to figure out I had a bad ECU and never got back to me (after 2 inquiries) on a warranty replacement of a bad decal. Nice people though.

Jlyon99 said:
Sorry, I bought my bike from Monica and must disagree in terms of service capability. Took them weeks to figure out I had a bad ECU and never got back to me (after 2 inquiries) on a warranty replacement of a bad decal. Nice people though.
I was referring to out of state purchases only. I do service work for friends of GuzziTech here, and used to be able to handle warranty work until the wonderful folks at S.O. ended that.
I cannot speak for anything else, but I don't recommend S.O.
I've bought several bikes from my good friend Paul of GP Motorcycles in San Diego, Josh is the Sales guy.

+3 on RidersHill in Georgia.. Talk to David, I bought my Griso over the phone quite easily and had it shipped to Arizona.

cytocycle said:
+3 on RidersHill in Georgia.. Talk to David, I bought my Griso over the phone quite easily and had it shipped to Arizona.

You know what? It was supposed to be my bike but I took too long to gather my finances and when I called David about a week after our last talk, he said the bike was sold to someone in Phoenix. It HAS to be you, lol.
Anyway 3 weeks later or so he found another white one for me and when I went to pick it up, yours was there with the sign "SOLD" on it.

I bought mine 2 years ago... so that wasnt' mine.. David Rocks though!

Pascal said:
cytocycle said:

You know what? It was supposed to be my bike but I took too long to gather my finances and when I called David about a week after our last talk, he said the bike was sold to someone in Phoenix. It HAS to be you, lol.
Anyway 3 weeks later or so he found another white one for me and when I went to pick it up, yours was there with the sign "SOLD" on it.

I had the same experience in vegas as the OP with the dealership here as well. Ended up buying used from someone in New Mexico on ebay.

I had the same problem here with car dealerships as well.

IDK if it's the tourists buying things without thinking with their winnings or what but Las Vegas dealerships are horrible.

Back