• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Are there any Bellagio's in the states?

sqdqo

Just got it firing!
I am new here and from the U.S. I have been looking for a Bellagio in the states but can't find any, new or used. Are they European only?

Apparently available anywhere in the world except the US and Canada. Not sure about South America

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they discontinued anyway?
Thought they stopped production...

Unfortunately they are not available in North America. Sad.

It is the dumbest marketing decision ever made by Guzzi.

The Bellagio is the direct descendant of the Cali "Stone" series which was released to compete directly with the Harley Sportsters. Even with its single sided swingarm and monoshock it still has the cruiser look, and then they add 'T' bars and offer a super low arsed version and most models were painted matt black.

????????? Somebody in the marketing dept f%#&@d up.

You could import mine from Australia ;)

ghezzi said:
It is the dumbest marketing decision ever made by Guzzi.

The Bellagio is the direct descendant of the Cali "Stone" series which was released to compete directly with the Harley Sportsters. Even with its single sided swingarm and monoshock it still has the cruiser look, and then they add 'T' bars and offer a super low arsed version and most models were painted matt black.

????????? Somebody in the marketing dept f%#&@d up.

You could import mine from Australia ;)

To bad, I like the looks of the Bellagio. Here in the states the Sportsters are a dime a dozen and just too vanilla for me.

I live down under and there are many (relatively speaking) Bellagios in OZ. I know three owners locally and they all love theirs. Very good ergos for shortarse people and perhaps lady riders too.

I don't know why some model lines aren't sold in the US but I do know that most Guzzis sold here are approx TWICE the price of those in the US, even taking into account the very strong local Aussie $. Maybe if they have a low selling model in Europe (very few cruisers there) they decide to maximise profits by only selling where the markup is high ??

magoo said:
I live down under and there are many (relatively speaking) Bellagios in OZ. I know three owners locally and they all love theirs. Very good ergos for shortarse people and perhaps lady riders too.

I don't know why some model lines aren't sold in the US but I do know that most Guzzis sold here are approx TWICE the price of those in the US, even taking into account the very strong local Aussie $. Maybe if they have a low selling model in Europe (very few cruisers there) they decide to maximise profits by only selling where the markup is high ??

I am 6'1", this bike isn't a good fit for a somewhat taller person?

In standard trim it would still be a comfy fit.
Mine has a longer rear shock, reshaped seat and lower bars it would be a perfect fit for your 6'1" frame.

A great bike. Good foot peg to seat to bar ratio, comfortable seat, easy stable handling and the short stroke motor is sweet as! Don't know why they don't sell! These things are fun. They are hard to classify, and the bike media keeps labelling them a cruiser which I think is misleading.

The crazy thing is the Bellagio is probably the best 'Old' motored big block ever built.

As everyone who comes here often knows I'm an 8V Evangelist but the Bellagio is just so *Right*. Everything works, bore, stroke, their ratio, valve and port size, fuelling, its just a brilliant bike. It has been said before that the reason it isn't sold in the USA is probably due to displacement. Jesus! The sort of inadequate softcoques who are or ride about on such stuff are never going to buy something that isn't a Harley or something with a name like a 'Flagelator' or something suitably 'Manly'! Bugger me drunk! Why not bring a few in and see what happens? I reckon they'd sell like lobster tails at a $ a kilo!

Pete

pete roper said:
The crazy thing is the Bellagio is probably the best 'Old' motored big block ever built.

As everyone who comes here often knows I'm an 8V Evangelist but the Bellagio is just so *Right*. Everything works, bore, stroke, their ratio, valve and port size, fuelling, its just a brilliant bike. It has been said before that the reason it isn't sold in the USA is probably due to displacement. Jesus! The sort of inadequate softcoques who are or ride about on such stuff are never going to buy something that isn't a Harley or something with a name like a 'Flagelator' or something suitably 'Manly'! Bugger me drunk! Why not bring a few in and see what happens? I reckon they'd sell like lobster tails at a $ a kilo!

Pete

Everyone I've ever spoken to about the Bellagio says much the same as Pete, but.....

My local dealers uncrated their first one, did the pre-delivery stuff and took it for a ride. They were stunned how good it was and promptly registered it as a demo bike expecting to sell shed loads.....but it sat in their showroom for months and months with punters steadfastly ignoring it! Eventually they did sell it but never bothered to stock another. Suspicion was it didn't appeal to the stereotype cruiser buyer who wants cubes (and preferably American cubes), it was too big for the people looking for a 'small bike' who bought a Nevada or Breva 750 and not retro enough for those looking for a traditionally styled bike who bought V7s.

I think their experience was repeated in many UK dealerships so it was dropped from the UK range while elsewhere in Europe it is still available.

I spoke with the former N.A. Product Manager last year, and the decision not to bring it in was due to retail price (I think would've been ~$13,995 USD, which still would've been at a loss) vs. displacement against every other bike/brand offered here. Reality is/was that no one would likely buy one until they sat for years and were available at blow-out prices.

All that said, if I have the opportunity to own or at least ride one, I'd leap. Perhaps when I come to Oz/NZ next year.

Ghezzi, I'd love to buy your bike... but AU$ to US$ cost of the bikes here is 50%. If you want to sell to me for 50% off, I'd certainly consider it. :S

Hi Todd, at regular US$ Guzzi values my sale price maybe double, but just think of its real value over there.

The only Bellagio in the USA, with 76RWHP & 60ft/lbs on a stock 936cc motor with just pipe and air box mods.

You had at least better book in for a test ride/tour, I would consider the MGS01 for a straight swap.

On a more serious note, could you find me a genuine Gezzi & Brian Fionda or Furia, I would definately talk turkey on that deal.

The Bellagio was the reason I started looking at Guzzis again. Found out that they didn't sell them in the US, The V7 caught my interest than saw the Griso 8v which I ended up getting. The Bellagio would have fit the bill when I was looking for a lighter more nimble cruiser like bike after riding my M109r. The 850 Griso would have been cool as well. Seems like there would be a niche for moderately powered 500lbs ish bikes for Guzzi. Triumph has their Bonneville/Speedster range.

Todd, if you want one, or anybody else, as I'm sure I've said before I can supply at Oz trade price. Dunno about importation or rego requirements but it is eminently doable, if expensive, from here. If I asked nicely they might even be able to ship from Italy direct but I don't know about that.

The Belli is a spectacularly fun motorbike. No Tacho, you just hold the throttle wide open until it goes 'Blurp, Blurp, Blurp!' And then you cog up, five times!!! You can pull air at he front with little effort but you can also tour and 'Cruise' and for such a short stroke motor the torque is splendid.

Pete

Yeah the spec sheet quotes a lower torque figure for the Bella than my Jackal but there's nothing in it on the road. The 940 is amazingly flexible, smooth and willing. The Jackal has old school tractor torque and with the heavy flywheel it has own character. It's a case of numbers on paper not telling the real storey. No oil coolers and other extra bits cluttering everything up either. Very easy to work on. A joy to ride. FUN FUN FUN.

I agree with Pete - they just work!
and eminently customisable as well if you want to get away from the cruiser look :D

P1010085.jpg

Back