• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Jackal Questions...

GBellinger

Just got it firing!
Good Morning, Guzzi Newbie here...

I just picked up my first Guzzi, a 2000 Jackal and would really like to replace the tail light/rear turn signals with something smaller/smoother looking and was wondering if there is a simple swap from another year bike that can be done...

Also, my bike has a rocker shifter and floor boards that I am not really a fan of, does anyone know of some good rear sets? I found some universal kits for about 170 just wondering if there are other options out there...

Thanks!

Congrats on the Jackal (one of my all time favorites!) and welcome to the Forum/Famiglia.

The Jackal comes with foot pegs, not boards... so unless the lower frame rails were swapped for the EV, it should be a simple unbolt and re-bolt of the OEM assemblies (take a few pics of the mounts and post or send to me below). The heel/toe shifter is standard, so you'll have to modify if you choose. I run pegs and the heel/toe, and I love it due to the amount of throw needed for gear changes. Try it for awhile, you too may grow to like it.

I might have some stock peg assemblies to sell you if interested. Contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

This is what Im looking at now:

Attachments

• securedownload-4.jpeg
    securedownload-4.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 421
  • securedownload-3.jpeg
    securedownload-3.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 422
Basically I just want to take this beautiful bike and smooth it out a little...Bar end mirrors, maybe have someone chop the fenders down a little, put some nice black pro grips on there today, eventually fbf airbox mod, h pipe, and mufflers of some sort (with pc3)

Also the stock tail light is just enormous I would love to find some sort of smaller integrated tail...

I am kind of getting used to the floor boards but would rather have pegs, Ill shoot you an email. Thanks for the help!

The lower frame rails were not changed and the peg mount points are still there. The boards could be removed and stock pegs installed. You will still have the heel toe shifter, but it does work well once you get accustomed to it.

Following on John's post see picture below showing same mounting points for foot rests and foot boards. Just pick up some foot rests for cheap if you can.

cm1999_moto_guzzi_110_jackalpegs_view.jpg

Great bike! I've got rear sets on mine which move the pegs back about 3 or 4 inches to a "more normal" position. This is a lot more comfortable for me as I find the standard position a little to far forward. Those boards might be aftermarket lowered units from a U.S. dealer starting with "H". I have a set in my garage that look a lot like yours.

I'm looking at changing the tail light as well but I've held off because I don't want to alter the bracket that is attached to the mudguard. There's lots of old school tail lights on the Net so will just have to fabricate a bracket that sits on the mudguard bracket.

The Jackal's not as slick as my Bellagio but it's like meeting an old friend when I ride it. A bike with soul.

I put an aftermarket tail light on a friend's Jackal. Due to it's extra weight, the fender required re-enforcing as it caused a split in the metal of the fender after a few months. Just be aware that you may need to strengthen the fender when you go with a different tail light assembly.

Guy R said:
Great bike! I've got rear sets on mine which move the pegs back about 3 or 4 inches to a "more normal" position.

I would love to see a photo of how you did those rear sets....do they interfere with the passenger pegs?

You can do a simple cut out of steel to move the assemblies rearwards, or I did a custom bracket many years ago (per below) that was part of a complete set up. I've had inquiries in the past to do the brackets only to move the stock peg assemblies rearward, which I can still do if there is interest. You'll have to build new shift and brake arm rods from all-thread and ball and socket joints. The pegs will be within 4-5 inches from the rear pegs with my 6" rearward brackets.

If you lower the fender on the mounts and cut off the stock stand-off bracket (can be done with damaging the paint if you are careful), you can use a Repro Lucas taillight as shown below, and move the turn-signals to the original bolt hole location of the fender. I recommend moving the stock wiring harness as the tire will come in contact with it if not. Another option is to use the Cal Vintage big round light.

22c5d83831b7022ff9a88a376e776454.jpg

Attachments

• GuzziPegBrkt_3D.jpg
    GuzziPegBrkt_3D.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 369
  • TEJackal-AZ03.jpg
    TEJackal-AZ03.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 372
The tail assembly is kind of growing on me...I'm thinking of just shortening the stalks on the turn signals and leaving it at that. Once I put the passenger seat/backrest/luggage rack back on it wont look like its sticking out quite so much.

I am definitely interested in some pegs though, I like to get my feet under me a little and lean forward slightly its a lot more comfortable on my back.

I just took some photos of my rear sets. They're Tarozzi's. I'll try to post them in a separate post. Yes they do bring the riders feet closer to the pillion. My partner is used to it and compensates a bit so we don't connect a lot. Mind you she prefers the Bellagio so I usually ride the Jackal solo ;)

I just took some photos of my rear sets. They're Tarozzi's. Yes they do bring the riders feet closer to the pillion. My partner is used to it and compensates a bit so we don't connect a lot. Mind you she prefers the Bellagio so I usually ride the Jackal solo ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 248
Alloy bar with three holes drilled. Crude but effective! They're still a little more forward than a "normal" bike but suits me much better than the standard Jackal position. I've kept the original handle bars so the riding position is still upright but not the feet forward cruiser style. I'm 5' 10".

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5 ... directlink

I have no idea if the photo willl work, but I bought a 32 Ford replica light with license bracket for about $50....moved the turn signals to the frame, where the bungee bolts are, replacing them with bullet style....The change only required two little holes in the original light bracket on the fender, and two small "L" shaped pieces from the hardware store, so it could easily be returned to original.
I recently added a plate frame with LED's to add some brake light....

Back