• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Sad day

RJVB wrote:
As to that: forums are great sources of information, both to solve problems AND to prevent problems, but more often than not, they can NOT be used as sources of statistically sound data for judging what the problem incidence rate is. If you try, you'll likely get substantial over-estimation, even on a board like this.
This is so true. You usually only ever hear about the problems, rarely about those machines which go on and on (apart from the Roper Griso of course).

Hi guys..
I visited my dealer today. My beautifull stelvio is still in his hands.
The parts that should be replaced haven't arrived yet. He informed me that there would be a delay in the delivery.
So i have to wait for 20-30 days without my stelvio. :(
I will keep you posted

Dimitris

pbears wrote:
Hi Dimitris
Sorry to hear your news. Will your dealer/Guzzi supply you with a loan bike while yours is off the road under warranty repair and if not why not?
Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin.
my dealer won't supply my with a loan bike.
I use my first bike again. i bought it at the age of sixteen.
It is 15 years old and still running yamaha town mate 50cc. :p

I miss my other 1150cc

:laugh:
dimitris

I agree, but Moto Guzzi dealers are often small (esp. if they only deal MG), and then they don't always have (enough) courtesy vehicles...

Thats hardly the point. Probably goes back to the sale of goods act and all that stuff. Product not of merchantable quality etc etc
Especially if this is your only means of transport, it is not reasonable to be without it for more than a very short time.

pbears wrote:
Thats hardly the point. Probably goes back to the sale of goods act and all that stuff. Product not of merchantable quality etc etc
Especially if this is your only means of transport, it is not reasonable to be without it for more than a very short time.

Errm? Excuse me? You think that buying a small volume vehicle from an obscure manufacturer as your only form of transport is a sensible decision????

There are a billion small scooters out there for peanuts that will do commuting chores? Why in the name of all that is Holy would you choose a Moto Guzzi? Unless you were bonkers of course.....

Pete

WOW I'm happy just to find a mechanic I trust to work on the bike.... The last time I was offered a loan bike it was a poxy little Jap 250 thing that ran out of juice stranding me on a freeway because the gauge was faulty and showing full and no one mentioned the fact - ever since then I just deal with the transport issue.

The only dealer in BNE who has a policy of loaners while servicing is Morgan and Wacker BMW and HD and they run a fleet of 650's must cost them a packet and hence the service costs are "appropriately" high as well.

But this is way off topic :huh:

Why in the name of all that is Holy would you choose a Moto Guzzi [ed: to do commuting chores]? Unless you were bonkers of course.....

This surprises me a little bit coming from you, Pete... Maybe because Guzzis have a reputation (at least among the connaisseurs) of being extremely reliably (at least once sorted out)?

One could raise questions about the sensibility of choosing a (= any) bike as the sole means of transport, when you're dependent on it.

But yes, a lil' scooter will do just nicely as a temp. replacement — and one of our local Guzzi Gurus actually prefers to take that into town because it's replaceable ... and way smaller than his faired California.

(the one time I got a loaner from my own dealer, it was an old little Suzuki Tux 125 that sounded great once out of 1st gear. Fun!)

Ok Mike.C, Sorry, I promise I won't go off-topic again ... this morning... :silly:

Mmm, in that case I'm lucky I think or I have a good dealer. Or both. :) When I bring the bike for a service, I get a loan-bike. And always a Guzzi!

You're certainly lucky with your dealer!! You could even spent the time the service takes gawking at all the bikes in his museum...
Do you get to chose your loaner? Like, that Centauro, or the Eldo, or maybe today you'd prefer one of the Falcones? :D

(btw, any idea who secured the "permanent loan" on the Nato Guzzi?)

RJVB wrote:
This surprises me a little bit coming from you, Pete... Maybe because Guzzis have a reputation (at least among the connaisseurs) of being extremely reliably (at least once sorted out)?

Rene, nearly 30 years ago I used a Guzzi for despatch riding in London.

A lot has happened in 30 years, both to London and Motorbikes. They are no longer utilitarian tools with a 'Leisure' aspect. They are 'Leisure' tools whose utilitarian uses have been taken over by other more practical technology.

The same can be said for anywhere. Do you see the streets of Beijing or Ho Chi Min city swarming with top of the range adventure cruiser sportsbikes? No, of course you don't, because those people chose a tool for the job and don't have the luxury of leisure as we know it.

If you choose to ride something like a Norge to work every day all power to you, but never try and justify it as being either sensible or practical. even 25 years ago when i moved out of London to the West Midlands of the UK I bought myself a shitty little C90 Honda or the commuting duties. Why? Because my motorbike was my luxury and source of fun, I couldn't afford a lot of the *extras* that so many people nowadays take for granted. Why in the name of heaven would I wear out my 'Classy' bike commuting a few miles to work when a C90 was not only absurdly cheaper but better fun on the commute, you can hold 'em up on the leg guards like Rossi with both wheels drifting and all at less than 60KPH in a roundabout, outstanding. Goint to work was always a joy and cost nothing. On the Guzzi I would of constantly worried about the damage I was doing by never getting the oil hot!

If you want to just get too or from work and your commute is 30Km or less on non motorway/autostrada you have to be mad to not take a.) public transport if available, or .) a small scooter.

As I said, we have the benefit of wealth and choice, but don't ever try and tell me it is 'Neccessary' or some sort of god given right:laugh:

Pete

Oh, it's a right all right, whether given by a god or not! :p

I see I forgot one thing: the fun. If your commute requires a ride, why not turn it into a fun one, something that helps start the day in the right mood, and "decompress" when going home?

I completely agree that commuting in a dense city area is no fun, regardless of the type of transport (public transport is your personal sardine can hell ...). If I get the chance, I walk to work, and almost always return on foot. But if things go right for me, there'll be a point in the future where I'll be living with Anne somewhere in the countryside, and work will be elsewhere somewhat in the countryside. It'll be more than 30km, probably, though little of it will be motorway. Perfect roads for a Guzzi (though Anne's scooter knows how to tackle them well enough too). Of course it'll risk damage, but that's "ok" as we do buy our bikes to ride them, no?

Mike ... I think this is a nice enough topic to merit its own thread if not appreciated in here, you're welcome to split it off if you want (but please do leave a link to the new place here so I get an email notification ;) )

Interesting points.

However, if you spend £9k on a new anything then clearly it has to be fit for purpose. If it proves unreliable or requires a major and time consuming fix it is probably not 'fit for purpose'. Is there a legally experienced member here who might comment? Certainly the many number of bikes/dealers I have had, of various brands, have up until now, always provided a courtesy bike when a fix or service is required. Guzzi Dealers should be no different. They operate within the same legal framework and require similar if not more customer loyalty than other brands given what most members here report as the 'character' and nature of the bikes.

My real point is - give the guy a courtesy bike for f***s sake. You took his £9k now give him some value!!!!:)

hi again

i didn't ask for a loan bike. if asked my dealer would give me one (100% sure).
my work is 2-3 kilometres from my house so i don't mind.
i can't wait to get back my Big Red:cheer:

pete roper wrote:
pbears wrote:

Errm? Excuse me? You think that buying a small volume vehicle from an obscure manufacturer as your only form of transport is a sensible decision????

There are a billion small scooters out there for peanuts that will do commuting chores? Why in the name of all that is Holy would you choose a Moto Guzzi? Unless you were bonkers of course.....

Pete

Hey, I rely on my Guzzi as my main transportation every day.

Of course, I learned long ago to keep a couple of spares in the garage. :laugh:

Oooohhhh.... Wayne is multi-bonkers! (according to Pete, not me!!)

hey, let's have a contest ... I think there's more than one here who qualifies for the multimegabonkers epitaph!! :silly:

Hello Hello!

Got my bike back this morning!
Brant new!The problem with the cams was solved as my mechanic changed valves etc in both cyliders.
The problem i had with the bubbles in the colour of the tank was also solved too. They provided me with a new tank!

So...... i have a brant new bike!
I am ready to ride!!!!
Great servise by MG

Back