• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso convertible

Mark111

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just back from a 2000 km long weekend to the Spaghetti Rally in Victoria from Sydney via the Alps.
Great roads and scenery, even better weather.

Back home after the trip.

After 15 mins work back to normal, now to clean the bike after what one if my riding mates referred to as Bug Armageddon.
30 mins max to refit it all again for my next trip.

Mark

Attachments

• DSC01153.JPG
    DSC01153.JPG
    933.4 KB · Views: 905
  • DSC01164.JPG
    DSC01164.JPG
    946.9 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC01172.JPG
    DSC01172.JPG
    945.1 KB · Views: 903
  • DSC01173.JPG
    DSC01173.JPG
    953 KB · Views: 901
  • DSC01174.JPG
    DSC01174.JPG
    948.8 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC01175.JPG
    DSC01175.JPG
    937.3 KB · Views: 902
  • DSC01166.JPG
    DSC01166.JPG
    795.1 KB · Views: 897
2000 km is amazing for a weekend tour! I am definitely not in shape for something like that. What is the bike behind you over your left shoulder in the first pic? Also, is that an Oz Ventura pack on the rear? I love mine and keep the Sport Pak permanently fitted for my work commutes. Glad to see the saddle bags convert off as they hide the Griso's beauty.

Goodvibes,
It was a long weekend with the riding spread over 3 days with one day at the rally, so 2000 kms isn't that unusual especially in OZ where big distances are common place.
The black bike is a very tidy and original Ducati 900ss Darmah, I think also know as a 900 SSD although I am happy to be corrected.
I believe they were built in the early 80's, the red one is obviously an equally good MkIII Le Mans of a similar vintage.
Both of these bikes are a credit to their owners and are ridden very hard and made it difficult for the rest of us to keep up.

As you noticed I have a Ventura Rack but I must correct you, it is actually from New Zealand and like many things made in the Shaky Isles is well made and easy to use product.

Mark

New here so anyway, I am thinking about getting a Griso. How is it for distance riding? I am familiar with Ventura stuff and know how effective it is for luggage but are 500+ miles per day reasonable on one? Thanks.
Jack

As with any machines that isn't basically a two wheeled car 500 miles will leave you tired but its eminently doable. The biggest issue with the Griso its smallest aspect, its tank! As long as you aren't planning trips to anywhere really remote you'll be fine. Even then? Carry a fuel bladder and you'll be fine. Riding position is fine for touring.

Pete

My black Griso is still sitting out waiting to be washed after a 1200km W/end away in the Snowy mtns which included 200+km of winding dirt along the upper snowy river through Suggan Buggan and on to Jindabyne. The griso kept well ahead of the 1200GS and my sons 650 korean except on the heavy corrugated sections. In the tight stuff I cant keep up with the same son on his brothers 675 daytona but such is life(and i have a trx for that)
I find the seating good for my 5'11" frame, It's unfaired and now has HB hard bags on a lowered modded frame with a breva pipe. (a few teething issues) The tops of the bags only come up to the level of the seat.
I would like the bars to be a tad narrower but cant be buggered hunting up something at OZ prices
I'm in my mid 50's and find it a pretty dam good bike, seeing as I was looking to buy a Breva

As pete says plan the fuel and the rest is history.

G11
68000 klm/about 40000 miles
enjoyed every one of them either blasting around the city or doing long distance touring solo or 2 up.
never had any real issues with the bike
replaced the standard rear shock at 50k with a Wilbers fully adjustable unit
later swagzz

who dumped that drama in the road ? quick go push it into the ditch before someone hits it ! :lol:

and what is all that stuff about the place ??? oh sunshine ...forgoten what that is like .

our summer in england got cancelled . :cry:

Back