• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Another Griso Screen Option

Steve S

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just fitted this F Fabbri screen to the Griso, it gives a bit more protection than the stock flyscreen without looking too big. I also used the brackets and fixings from the Griso flyscreen just drilled 4 holes in the new screen.

Attachments

• IMG-20121205-00021.jpg
    IMG-20121205-00021.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 665
That is the first screen other then the OE Flyscreen that I thought looked like it belongs on a Griso.
Very nice.
I already have the OE Flyscreen but I will keep that option in mind.
Where did you get it from?

Got it off Ebay from F Fabbri importers Raw Power Motorcycles UK, they are only 10 miles from me and it was £45 with free postage.

I took a chance with the Givi A240. Had to flip the "universal" (yeah right!) brackets and mount them on the outside of the headlight bracket instead of inside using longer headlight bolts. The fit is not very tight - the screen can be rotated forward and backward with just a little pressure - not too bad but I would have preferred a more secure fit. So far it has stayed in place even in windy conditions at 80mph. The flipped brackets sit nicely on top of the turn signal mounts and keep the screen from pressing too far in with wind pressure. I stuck a little piece of black foam between the screen and dash to keep it from scratching.

It looks ok I think. I prefer how the bike looks without any kind of shield but the it's much more stable with the shield on especially at highway speeds.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/1098.html?p=74148#p74143

So if one does not have the fly screen where would one get the mounting hardware? Can that be ordered?

Christmas is coming and the Mrs. wants a list.

Moto-Muzzey said:
So if one does not have the fly screen where would one get the mounting hardware? Can that be ordered?

Christmas is coming and the Mrs. wants a list.

It comes with some brackets to mount to the headlamp bolts, I didn't try them as it was neater to use the factory brackets

Bill Hagan said:
That is VERY attractive.

Can you post a few more pix at convenience, please?

Bill
Here you go, click on the photos to see bigger.

Attachments

• IMG-20121117-00018.jpg
    IMG-20121117-00018.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 1,168
  • IMG-20121117-00020.jpg
    IMG-20121117-00020.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG-20121205-00021.jpg
    IMG-20121205-00021.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 659
Yes ... great pix. Very much appreciate you going to the trouble, Steve.

May be my Mac's pixels or your SE that makes that screen seem dark green rather than black, or it may be one can order different tints; will check website. Looks so darn functional, that I don't care much. Like my (what passes for a touring) larger w/s I have on mine now, and found the OEM fly screen pretty useless except for keeping flies on the pod. But yours look like the right screen for most rides.

Also looks as if you live on some attractive high ground. That view is nice. I am abysmally ignorant of the UK, and just wandered around Malvern on Google maps, with terrain feature on. Looks mighty fine for two-wheeled romping, especially to your west, north to south.

Thanks again.

Bill

Thanks Bill, my screen is dark tint black, they come in dark tint, light tint or an odd matt grey colour,
yes we live in a great part of England and about 20 miles west is the bikers playground we call Wales.

That Aprilia screen looks the same as mine but it wouldn't come with the universal brackets to mount to the headlamp bolts, which is fine if you have the Guzzi brackets to use like I did, the universal screen is part number 3000 on the Fabbri website.

Hello from new member in Beirut. I have a 2012 Black Devil since july and put 2500 kms on it so far.
Just finished installing a carbon mistral over the weekend with a K&N filter, carbon rear hugger and a tank bag.
regarding the screen, I fitted one from the MV Brutale options.. looks great.. and it comes in the same
black matt as my bike with a tinted screen.
I will post some pics soon.. The screen was a straight fit with no mods or anything.. straight bolt onto the
light pod.. :D

dafigriso said:
Hello from new member in Beirut. I have a 2012 Black Devil since july and put 2500 kms on it so far.
Just finished installing a carbon mistral over the weekend with a K&N filter, carbon rear hugger and a tank bag.
regarding the screen, I fitted one from the MV Brutale options.. looks great.. and it comes in the same
black matt as my bike with a tinted screen.
I will post some pics soon.. The screen was a straight fit with no mods or anything.. straight bolt onto the
light pod.. :D

Welcome to the forum beautiful bike (and beautiful girl.) Look forward to more photos.

Steve S said:
That Aprilia screen looks the same as mine but it wouldn't come with the universal brackets to mount to the headlamp bolts, which is fine if you have the Guzzi brackets to use like I did, the universal screen is part number 3000 on the Fabbri website.

Steve,

I have been talking with PJ's Parts, the US importer (near Knoxville, btw). I gave him the url for this thread, and he asked that you post the part number. He is not sure which one it is from the pix.

Easy folks to work with, btw. The w/s looks to be in the $70 - $80 range plus shipping.

Bill

Bill, looking on the F Fabbri website the Varie 3000 looks the one, if you switch it to English then click Moto, then Universal then varie 3000 and naked-sport-touring you will see it and all the colour options,
Steve

That looks really nice!! Question - Where did you get those handguards? I like how they look on there...

seyser said:
That looks really nice!! Question - Where did you get those handguards? I like how they look on there...
The handguards are for the Stelvio, they fit straight on.

Steve S said:
seyser said:
The handguards are for the Stelvio, they fit straight on.

Yup. have 'em, too. Fabulous.

And, in the US, at least, the price has dropped from a stooopid $300 or so ... to c.$70. Come with new bar ends and hardware. Quite fine, and effective.

Bill

Back