• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Corbin seat for the Griso

makarushka

Tuned and Synch'ed
Corbin now makes one; here's mine:

photo+%282%29.jpg

$500 plus shipping.

I actually want a taller, flatter seat that would allow me to scoot back and forth on long rides. I was planning to use Sgt. in Fla. Anyone been there and done that?

Here; couple more angles:

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

guzziownr said:
I actually want a taller, flatter seat that would allow me to scoot back and forth on long rides. Anyone been there and done that?

I actually first had Corbin do just that and made the seat about one inch taller than stock. Did not like the looks but more importantly, found that it greatly increased the feeling of sitting ON the bike, which is already present in Griso's ergonomics quite sufficiently to my taste, plus I was starting to tip-toe the bike (34" inseam, 5'11") so I had it redone. Absolutely love the current configuration.

Had a look on the Corbin website and the Gunfighter seat on there is very different to yours, I am interested in the Gunfighter for my SE but need to find out if I can deal with Corbin direct or go to a UK dealer.

Steve S said:
Had a look on the Corbin website and the Gunfighter seat on there is very different to yours.

I did not like the traditional multi-piece cover and stitching on the prototype they made; didn't think it suited the streamlined look of the Griso to my taste. I had them make a different cover with french stitching and the stripe. They do not charge extra for such modifications and would easily replicate if that's what you are interested in.

That looks really sharp, much better styling than that on the Corbin website. Good work!

I contacted the UK dealer about the Griso Gunfighter seat and it comes in at £540, and it seems Corbin will not deal direct so I might have to pass on this.

Attachments

• mggrsog_1t.jpg
    mggrsog_1t.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,923
So what is the seat like? I have never owned an aftermarket seat. Is it soft and plush or a bit more firm that cups your a$$? I love the lines of the seat with the Griso and am very interested in it.

Steve S said:
I contacted the UK dealer about the Griso Gunfighter seat and it comes in at £540, and it seems Corbin will not deal direct so I might have to pass on this.

Hmm, $850 U.S. If you want one for the U.S. price plus shipping to the U.K. I'm sure we can arrange that. I am trying to decide between the Corbin and a redo at Sgt. in Florida. I got a spare seat for that reason.

DW

Moto-Muzzey said:
So what is the seat like? I have never owned an aftermarket seat. Is it soft and plush or a bit more firm that cups your a$$? I love the lines of the seat with the Griso and am very interested in it.

Corbin seats are typically firmer than most stock but provide very uniform support. They also break in a bit and then feel truly comfortable. The description on their site is actually accurate and very representative of my own personal experience with their product; Griso is my second bike with a custom Corbin seat.

guzziownr said:
Steve S said:

Hmm, $850 U.S. If you want one for the U.S. price plus shipping to the U.K. I'm sure we can arrange that. I am trying to decide between the Corbin and a redo at Sgt. in Florida. I got a spare seat for that reason.

DW
If someone is willing to order this for me and ship it to the UK as second hand I would be interested, if it could be done for $600 it would be worth it.

Ok I have placed an order with Corbin for this seat, I have ordered dark brown seat area with tan sides and tail, hope this design will look good on my green SE, downside 6-8 weeks to make it but it's freezing here now so the bike is going nowhere.

I decided to order the Corbin seat for my Red Griso. I like the red welt but I need to decide on the leather and vinyl colors . The one they show is call a carbon fiber black ..What do you all think might look good on the red Griso ? I figure no Corbin name on the side maybe they can put the Italian colors on both sides .
I have owned two Corbin's , a solo and a dual on another bike and really like the ride
Roberto.

If you guys plan to do long trips with Corbin seats, you'll be butt hurt for sure.
Never been impressed by those even on short runs but that's me.

As far as the carbon look it will look good on any color bike.
I re-did my seat (solo style) with that material and retained the OE foam so my bike stays comfy...
https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/8774.html

Pascal, thanks for the reply . I find your seat nicely done , looks Great. I guess on the Corbin comfort , I found my two Corbin's to be extremely comfortable.
Roberto.

You're welcome and thanks for the compliment 'Berto...

If you had good luck with Corbin, then I can't see why it would change now.
You must have a tough behind though... :D

Pascal said:
You're welcome and thanks for the compliment 'Berto...

If you had good luck with Corbin, then I can't see why it would change now.
You must have a tough behind though... :D

Maybe is not mine being tough but yours being very Delicate ;)

Could be... but that would include everybody I know with Corbin seats. :laugh: :laugh:

Back