• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

titanium neck

strat

Just got it firing!
Hello riders, due to a titanium plate in my neck, I have lost some degree of flexibility in my neck and can no longer ride the sporty bikes that require leaning on the tank.
Obvious option is to buy a California variety, but I'm hoping I can make some adjustments to GRiSO to fit me.
I'm 5', 7" with a 30" inseam. The height issue I think is simpler to overcome with added sole on my boots and or seat mods.
But the more critical area is the seating position and for that I'll need to find longer bar risers with more pull back on them.
Wondering if I found suitable risers, would I need to re-wire the harness, and or the hydrolic hoses to enable bar reach, or is the service loop is long enough to accompodate such a mod.

Regards,
R.

The Griso has a handle bar which means you might also be able to find one of a suitable form without going for risers. Others will have to comment on cable and hose lengths..

Have you tried a trivial search like this one? Seems to return a couple of interesting hits!

PS: of course, what you really ought to get is a California Titanium ;)

There's not much slack in the Griso cables & hoses so I would expect you will have to get them modified unless you're only adjusting the bars very slightly.

But the good news is I'm the same height as you and can get my feet flat on the floor with out any problems so you won't need to do anything to the seat height.

If you don't want to get a Cali have you thought about a 1200 Sport instead of a Griso? You should be able to fit bars & risers, wiring & hoses from a Breva or Norge as under the skin they are all pretty much the same bike. And the seat height won't be an issue either!

As well as the sitting position on the Griso, consider the type of crash helmet you wear. It`s not as crazy as I sound. Being vertically challenged (5`2") the type of helmet I wear makes a big difference. Some lids that fit really well have a low brow which means I have to crane my neck more. The X-Lite I wear at the moment has a slightly higher brow giving me very good vision without having to crane my neck. The best lid I use is a Nolan open face job with i full visor. This is perfect for summer riding, but as you would expect, less protection. I ride accordingly. There are a number of different bars out there too which can give a slightly more upright riding position and this has been covered in earlier posts. Joe Pastrana bars come to mind. Consider all the possibilities and whatever you chose, you`ll love the Griso.

I'm probably gonna do this on the wife's 07 Griso.
Since there isn't much slack on this bike, people use an Aprilia Mana bar which is narrower...
That allows to not interfere with the cable length so it's just a matter of swapping bars.
A friend just bought a 2010 Tuono and that bike use a narrow bar as well that would seem to work on the Guzzi since it raises up plenty too.

I have yet to see this set up in person so I'm curious to see it done.

Strat,you and I are same height and stride.I made 1/2 inch risers out of aluminum using the factory riser for the pattern.My bike is a 2007 2 valve griso and had no problem with cable length.I am also using the black bars off an
8 valve griso which seem to have a little more bend rearward.For me this combo is very comfortable.By the way do not lower the seat radically,takes away the inward curve at front of seat causing the seat to be wider and of no real help,at least not for me.I found if you only flatten the seat by say 1/2 inc it is much more comfortable.Hope this helps.
Mell/Duc

I sat on mi bike with the seat off and I still wasn't completely flat footed!! I'm 5.7/170lbs BTW.
The problem for us short bastards, is that the Griso is wide at the seat so it will span your legs out no matter what.
Should have rode horses for 20 years before I bought this bike... :lol:

Pascal,you put this exactly correct .I went the lowered seat route,and have a very nice Italian black leather seat lowered approx 1.5 inches if anyone is interested.Strat you can also get lowered pegs from various sources that will help after the seat is lowered.
Mell/Duc

Pascal said:
Should have rode horses for 20 years before I bought this bike... :lol:
Tried that. wasn`t worth a ha`peth o` shit. :lol: Once a short bastard...... always a short bastard. :lol: :lol:

duc said:
I went the lowered seat route,and have a very nice Italian black leather seat lowered approx 1.5 inches if anyone is interested.

I'm also 5'7" and could use sitting a little lower. Could you tell me about your seat, please?

I'm afraid it won't help you much girl.
Take your seat off and sit directly on the bike and see if you're flat footed then.
I did this and I wasn't so I didn't bother with this idea.
I did modify my seat though, but it was for looks only (solo seat).

Back