• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

new to this forum and to moto guzzi

PapaMoon

Just got it firing!
Hi all, im a current Honda CBR250r owner, its my first bike, ive owned it for 8 months now and have just clocked 10,000 miles on it. The machine runs fantastically and is cheap to maintain but, to be honest, ive fallen for the V7;Stone. Granted, im saving to get married but i think this may be my next machine. Is there any advice to offer or anything about moto guzzi that i should know? I would intend to put a lot of miles into this machine, i can't help but stay on two wheels.

Welcome. I think the biggest concern is that dealers are few and far between. Do you have one close by? I don't think it's a deal-breaker though. If you can take care of basic maintenance, you should be fine. Unfortunately, I ran into a warranty issue on my V7 and the dealer has had it for five weeks (the shop was backed up with Ducati's).

Edit: I see you are in SD. You have a good dealer down there.

Yeah GP is about twenty miles from me. I know that with a yamaha or honda it'll run into the ground long after i do, is moto guzzi a reliable brand? 8500 for a brand new and unique bike almost sounds too good.

I was in the same position you were in as to considering a Guzzi about 9 months ago or so and did a lot of research including trolling the Guzzi forums. You are lucky having a good dealer only 20 miles away so that should be a non-issue. I bought an 07' Breva and have logged about 2500 miles so far with not one issue and the bike puts a smile on my face every-time i ride it. My truck rarely leaves the driveway. While doing my research i found a couple of blogs by Guzzi owners who have logged impressive miles on theirs. Additionally as mentioned, they are relatively easy to do routine maintenance for a mechanically challenged guy like me. The stone is a great looking bike and i would jump at the chance to own one over any Jap machine IMO.

Here is a link to another site that doesn't seem to have been updated much lately but has links to a number of Guzzi blogs plus other interesting Guzzi stuff

http://littlebreva.wordpress.com

You will hear as reliable as an anvil time and time again. Sometimes it takes a little work to get them as reliable as an anvil but most of the time not. Not uncommon for Guzzis to have 30,000, 40,000 or over 100,000 on the odo.

PapaMoon said:
ive owned it for 8 months now and have just clocked 10,000 miles on it

Sounds like you're a guzzisti already. If you go for a guzzi you'll be saving up for two marriages ;).
I'm a polyg-U-mist my self.

I find myself baffled; i was looking at the local ducati dealer's website and saw moto guzzi and decided to see what they were since ive never heard of them and i was instantly drawn tothe V7's. I've been searching for my next (litre) bike and i found myself obsessing over this instead. Unique, well priced and from what ive read a balanced machine, i just wish i could test ride.

It sounds perfect for you! they go so fast I can hardly keep up, I'm trying out my new lens following Sev on his V7 Classic.

[youtube]FZxqHT-RCTk[/youtube]

fotoguzzi said:
It sounds perfect for you! they go so fast I can hardly keep up, I'm trying out my new lens following Sev on his V7 Classic.

Nice video. Guzzi should buy it for a commercial!!

Moon,

Guzzi is a good brand, and the 750 is a well tested design. Individuals have had problems, which are uncommon, but no brand is perfect. Fortunately the Guzzi community is tight, so between the dealer and other riders you should be taken care of.

For me, the strength of the V7 is it's simplicity. If you recognize that, you will be happy.

Let us know what you do,

Joe

You won't be disappointed in either the bike or with GP Motorcycles. I picked up my Racer six weeks ago from them and am amazed at how light and torquey it is. I am getting ready to do my first service on it and have found plenty of information on what and what not to do.
I grew up in Northern California and can remember a shop in San Rafael off the 101 that had plenty of exotic motorcycles. There were always plenty of Moto Guzzis, Laverdas and Ducatis in Sonoma County where I lived, but at the time I was into Superbikes and wanted whatever Freddie Spencer, Wes Cooley and Eddie Lawson were riding. Times have changed, I'm older (alot older) and my expectations of what a motorcycle should be have evolved. The V7 Moto Guzzis fit my needs exactly. The bikes are light and torquey and pull like a turbodiesel with no flat spots. I was afraid that the rearsets and clip on bars would be a little too agressive a position for me but it is actually very comfortable. Get the bike. You won't be disappointed.

I really think i will own a guzzi next, unfortunately money isnt on my side so I'll continue saving, get myself married and then hopefully move onto the guzzi from there. Ive realized that 26 horsepower has been enough so far its just that i dont love what i ride, aesthetically, so this seems to be a great step. Ive always fantasized about a little cafe racer.

Funny this comes up as I just got done riding my first guzzi; a v7 stone. I've worked at a couple of different cycle shops in my short stay here on earth (will be 34 next week) and I will say that the guzzi is one sweet little machine.

If you get the chance to get one, please do. You will thank yourself!

jojo said:
Funny this comes up as I just got done riding my first guzzi; a v7 stone. I've worked at a couple of different cycle shops in my short stay here on earth (will be 34 next week) and I will say that the guzzi is one sweet little machine.

How about you?

Welcome to the forum and all...

RIDE SAFE,

Kev

Kev M said:
jojo said:

How about you?

Welcome to the forum and all...

RIDE SAFE,

Kev

Much like the guy who started this thread, I have a little honda elite 80 scooter that I boogie around town on at the moment. It's not grand or glorious, but it does the trick for now.

I said to myself after the ride was done "if I wasn't sold on the guzzi before, I certainly am now". It was quite the impressive machine and walked away very happy (and grateful for the shop for letting me take a ride on it).

Back