• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Termignoni vs. Mistral vs. Zard

Tilter

Tuned and Synch'ed
Does anyone have any experience with all three of these exhausts?

I'm curious as to which one has a deeper, throatier sound, as well as which one performs better.

Also, I just had my Griso Dyno'd today and it shows that it is rich at mid to high-end, but quite nice and the low end. If you happen to know which of these pipes would have a positive effect on that.

Not sure on performance comparison of these 3 as I have only stock can to compare with the Termi. Suffice to say that Termi looks trick and sounds great. Improvement all round on stock can.....

Why limit your self to 3? QD sounds nice on a Griso, saw one last summer. Have you checked out YouTube for Grisos with the various cans.

As far as fueling goes, the exhaust can won't help, you'll need to deal with the fueling with an O2 optimizer and a Power Commander at the minimum or with a ECU reflash, PC and Autotune.

First question is which motor do you have. The 8 valve responds differently then the 2 valve. Both will require fueling mods of various sorts to take advantage of any improvements to exhaust flow. The 8 valve motor, it has been said, does not like an open exhaust and runs better with more back pressure. The 2 valve motor works well with little back pressure as long as the fueling is adjusted accordingly.
I have a 2 valve motor and have used both the Quat-D and Todds right side exit collector back system. The Quat-D was fine, sounded good and ran OK with the db insert and stock fueling. With fueling mods it worked well with-out the db insert. With Todds pipe it works well with or without the db insert, sounds great without the db insert but is a little loud for my tastes. With the db insert it still sounds sweet and is the right loudness for me. I have not tried Todds pipe without the fueling mods.
My fueling mods are Todds full kit, PCV, AutoTune, ECU re-flash, and airbox filter/ring. There are cheaper ways to mod the fueling but you get what you pay for.

Tilter said:
Does anyone have any experience with all three of these exhausts? I'm curious as to which one has a deeper, throatier sound, as well as which one performs better.
I do. All are straight through perforated baffled/muffled cores, with some type of db-killer (and the Termi comes with a removable cat-con as well). The Termi is the longest, hence most muffled. Zard is next and the Mistral last. All have a similar sound, and I've only seen one dyno graph on the Termi.
I offer several variations on the Store tab above. My reverse cone megs offer the best sound you'll hear, though some find them offensively loud, even with the db-killer I've been told. I use it on all of my bikes.
My newest offering is a stubby trapezoidal muffler, that also replaces the stock (often cracked) Y-pipe, if you haven't already seen it HERE.

Also, I just had my Griso Dyno'd today and it shows that it is rich at mid to high-end, but quite nice and the low end. If you happen to know which of these pipes would have a positive effect on that.
Can you post the graph showing AFR data or send it to me to post? I'm curious as to what you find "quite nice at the low end" and what power it makes at wide open throttle. Did they actually do a part throttle run or "ride" it on the dyno to monitor AFR during normal operating range? I have, and found most every one to be incredibly lean.
Thanks to GM on above... All of the bikes will respond amazingly well to fuel modification. I have many options under the GT Products section, or feel free to contact me direct for options.

I've attached the dyno sheet. They did ride it at medium settings although they did not document it.

Either way I plan on using some of your fueling products, airbox mod and filter.

Attachments

• RobH-G8V-Dyno.jpg
    RobH-G8V-Dyno.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 983
Thanks Rob, I added the actual image file above. Appreciated.

So it's a little hard to read, but the map shows pretty typical fueling. It seems moderate @3-4k, then goes quite rich until about 5.5k, then lean-ish @6k (great for power as the graph shows, but not for cooling), then it flat-lines rich. Also, keep in mind that this snap shot only shows you one throttle position; Wide open. Less then 1% of people spend much time there.
More importantly, is to see what the fueling is in the areas you ride the most (this graph does not). What you'll see is that it is absurdly lean... so much that I wonder how they offer a warranty. Additionally, that huge dip between 3-6k and after 6.5k RPM is resolved only with fueling and intake/exhaust mods.

Happy to be of help when you are ready.

Thanks for posting/sending the graph along.

GT-Rx said:
Thanks Rob, I added the actual image file above. Appreciated.

So it's a little hard to read, but the map shows pretty typical fueling. It seems moderate @3-4k, then goes quite rich until about 5.5k, then lean-ish @6k (great for power as the graph shows, but not for cooling), then it flat-lines rich. Also, keep in mind that this snap shot only shows you one throttle position; Wide open. Less then 1% of people spend much time there.
More importantly, is to see what the fueling is in the areas you ride the most (this graph does not). What you'll see is that it is absurdly lean... so much that I wonder how they offer a warranty. Additionally, that huge dip between 3-6k and after 6.5k RPM is resolved only with fueling and intake/exhaust mods.

Happy to be of help when you are ready.

Thanks for posting/sending the graph along.

Oh I am definitely ready. I'm pulling the ECU this weekend and shipping it out to you. That's the main reason I'm trying to figure out exhausts, as if I go with any but the Termi I can do it all at once. Problem is I've heard the Termi, and seen it too - and I love it.

My 8V had a termignoni fitted when I got it. I do love the sound baffles out and I think it looks nice. I have not had anything done to the ECU but find the bike runs fine.

I have just read the hole thread and have found it very interesting. First I would like to point out that I am in the UK and can't find anyone over here offering the same sort of service, as a result would I be able to order parts from the online store and have them sent across. My bike is an Griso 8V SE as stated fitted with a termignoni. I love the look of the exhaust system for sale on this site, I am talking about the GT-Rx system. I will be honest I do like my bikes loud talk to anyone who rides with me, with that in mind what exhaust would you recommend and what ECU up grades would be required and at what sort of price am I looking at to get my bike running the best it can.

Thanks.
Eddie
Griso 8V
Lemans 3
V65 Monza
Cali 3
Spada NT
Laverda Jota 120

Eddie,
You can't go wrong with Todd's full set up: exhaust, ECU re-flash, BMC filter/open air box, Power Commander V.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Once I have paid off Christmas I will be thinking of getting one of Todds exhaust systems but I will be after one that allows it to exit on the right hand side, I do like that. In the mean time I have a Termignoni fitted to my Griso normally with out the baffles fitted but today for a change I put the baffles back in to see if I liked it or if there was a change in how loud it was and yes there was, it is just to quiet for me with them in so I will remove them again, but what I would like to ask is if I continue to ride the bike with out the baffles in as I have since I got the bike in July of this year with out doing any thing to the ECU will I have any problems? I did not have any before but I just wanted to ask.

Hi eddie850, I too am in UK, West Yorkshire. I have a G8V black with Todds full fuelling mods, open airbox etc. My exhaust is the GT-rx rightside in stainless. The Y pipe sweeps thru two 120 degree bends under machine, into a great looking box that sounds deep and rauchous if most of db killer wool pulled out. Give us a private email on this system, and you can check it out before you decide. I'm 55 now, and haven't the slightest interest to change my bike, or model, or anything. Its the best enjoyable, fun bike ever.

Back