• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Best Tank & Tail Bag combo

thegreyman

Tuned and Synch'ed
Looking for a good quality tank and tail bag combo for a 09 Griso. Any recommendations?? Or Do not warnings???

For tailbags you have plenty of choice. If you ride solo just pick any tailpack that straps to the seat and away you go. But tankbags are a problem due to the plastic tank cover. I have a Hein Gericke Streetline tankbag that has rubber suction cups instead of magnets, so no ugly tank harness, just plonk it on and push down (I took my Triumph Sprint to the Czech Republic with the bag suckered to the tank and had no problems at all with it, even at very high speed across Germany.

Sadly that bag is discontinued, but contact Hein Gericke and ask the question, they may still have old stock at reduced prices - I only paid around £35 for mine. And I can't believe this is the only bag with suction cups considering how many bikes have plastic tanks these days. Again, scour the internet for luggage brands and fire off an email, there's no harm in asking. Other than that you're looking at something like a Bagster tank cover and bag, but they are very expensive for what they are.

Here's that Hein Gericke Streetline tankbag on my Triumph...

DSCN1467.jpg

It's a good size, enough for waterproofs, spare gloves and a few gadgets, and has a satnav pocket up top.

thegreyman said:
Looking for a good quality tank and tail bag combo for a 09 Griso. Any recommendations?? Or Do not warnings???

What "good qualities" are you looking for; design, craftsmanship, size, ... ?

Personally after doing much searching myself.
For a tank bag I settled on:
Famsa Art. 244 MOTO GUZZI Griso Custom Tankbag

products.html

I do not use tail bags much; because I'm usually strapping either my lunch cooler or camping gear to seat.
But for a tail bag have used my:
Eclipse Fastpack

300l.jpg

And have bought; but have not yet used:
Famsa Art. 608 Universal Saddle / Tail Bag

products.html

I bought the Famsa tank bag because I liked it's looks and read good things about it's quality.
I "settled" on it because I had become spoiled by the Joe Rocket Magnetic Multi Tank Bag I had been using for years on my GSXR.
The Joe Rocket bag's size was 18"L x 11"W x 15"H (over 40 liters ?). And had a built in rain cover that had a drawstring.
As opposed to the usual shower cap style rain covers that appear to be an afterthought.

I bought the Famsa tail bag because I was impressed with the quality of the Famsa tank bag.
And the Famsa tail bag has a respectable capacity of 35 liters.

The factory tail bag and rack plus the factory soft panniers make a nice set, but they are pricey.

I was lucky enough to get the tailbag and rack used and install them myself. It works so well I keep it on the bike at all times. I prefer it to the nuisance of removing and replacing a tank bag at every gas stop. The tail bag is expandable and holds everything I need for my daily commute or an occasional run to the liquor store. Even without the bag, the rack is useful for strapping on a variety of stuff with bungees and it doesn't hurt the aesthetics of the Griso.

The panniers are roomy enough for weekend jaunts and light touring. Not waterproof, but I pack everything in trash bags anyway for easy removal. Some people keep the panniers on for convenience, I keep mine in the box unless I'm ready for a road trip.

I don't have a picture of my bike loaded, but this is from Chicago Mark, who sold me the tailbag before he traded his Griso.

DSC01914.jpg

I ride solo, and I find the panniers and tailbag leave plenty of room and attachment points for a tent, sleeping roll and other gear. The Griso has the makings of a nice tourer and doesn't get ugly when properly loaded.

To each his own, but if I wanted hard bags and lots of storage I'd own a Norge.

i use one of these
http://www.kriega.com/us-20-drybag/
with one of these
http://www.kriega.com/tank/
they really are excellent

I found the best configuration for me to be 2x20l + 1 10l the 20l+ the 10l on the rear rack and the remaining 20l on the tank, coupled up with ortlieb panniers for week long trips makes a very versatile package.

the 20l bags also double up as messenger bags for carrying your gear to and from work or booze home from the shop.

+1 on the Kriega.

I have the US-30 on the tail as a daily and when I need extra space, clip the US-20 onto it. Can clip another US-20 onto it for 70 litres total.

Have never needed a tank bag.

gvw said:
+1 on the Kriega.

I have the US-30 on the tail as a daily and when I need extra space, clip the US-20 onto it. Can clip another US-20 onto it for 70 litres total.

Have never needed a tank bag.

Kreiga looks like a winner. Ordering one this week :D

ett said:
Does the base of the Kreiga tank bag have a hole for the gas cap ?

http://www.kriega.com/tank/

No there's no hole, it's a separate item that fixes to your tank. There are two quick release tabs that allow you to access the fuel filler. once in place you can fit any Kreiga bag with the provided quick release straps.

Stu.

To me the best combo is the Genuine tailbag and saddlebags from Moto Guzzi, they look good and do not hamper the looks of the Griso. One of my last rallies this year I added a large Seal Line waterproof bag and bungee to the saddlebag mounts and had plenty of room and still looked good. Tank bags are not for me, that is one of the best looking parts of a bike and I have to be able to enjoy looking at it at all times, could never hide it with a tank bag.
Enjoy your Griso,
Roberto.

I got a good deal on a Bags Connection Racepack and tried it on the Griso. It may not be anyone's first choice, but it does provide a lot of space that is not broken up between saddlebags. It goes on and off easily. NOTE: I did eventually strap it onto the bike (pictures were taken with it resting on the seat). I strapped the back to the spools under the seat and the front to the rear peg hangers. Its stable, reportedly waterproof, and expands to carry even more stuff. Most times though, I just ride with a backpack as I don't need to carry much stuff.

Anyways, some pictures for an alternative solution. I do like the looks of the MG saddlebags and the HB C-bow bags and mounts. But will try the Racepack for now.

Attachments

• IMG_1330-1.jpg
    IMG_1330-1.jpg
    735.4 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_1333-001.JPG
    IMG_1333-001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 631
guzziownr said:
I don't need a lot of luggage capacity on the Griso but I miss the nice clear window on my magnetic tank bag. I have asked for one of these:

24239_5.jpg

http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-S850-Universal-GPS-Holder

If Santa doesn't deliver I will have to order it for myself.

DW

Just an FYI. I bought one of those little GIVI bar bags and sold it on ebay post-haste. It does not secure well to the GRiSO bar arrangement at all. It is better suited to bars with integrated risers like on the Breva/Norge/1200 Sport. Save yourself the trouble, you will not be happy with this item.

Just an FYI. I bought one of those little GIVI bar bags and sold it on ebay post-haste. It does not secure well to the GRiSO bar arrangement at all. It is better suited to bars with integrated risers like on the Breva/Norge/1200 Sport. Save yourself the trouble, you will not be happy with this item.

Thanks for the feedback Steve, so it fits between the integrated risers but bounces around up on the Griso bar?

DW

Porterhouse said:
guzziownr said:
I don't need a lot of luggage capacity on the Griso but I miss the nice clear window on my magnetic tank bag. I have asked for one of these:

24239_5.jpg

http://www.compacc.com/p/Givi-S850-Universal-GPS-Holder

If Santa doesn't deliver I will have to order it for myself.

DW

Good looking out! I almost purchased this. To bad as it looks great. Anyone find a suitable replacement for the Griso?

89MilleGT said:
I got a good deal on a Bags Connection Racepack and tried it on the Griso. It may not be anyone's first choice, but it does provide a lot of space that is not broken up between saddlebags. It goes on and off easily. NOTE: I did eventually strap it onto the bike (pictures were taken with it resting on the seat). I strapped the back to the spools under the seat and the front to the rear peg hangers. Its stable, reportedly waterproof, and expands to carry even more stuff. Most times though, I just ride with a backpack as I don't need to carry much stuff.

Anyways, some pictures for an alternative solution. I do like the looks of the MG saddlebags and the HB C-bow bags and mounts. But will try the Racepack for now.

I like it! What is the cost for this?

Back