• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

It followed me home...

MJPTexas

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I stopped at my Triumph dealer today to buy a new battery.

He had a pristine 2006 Griso (4100 miles) in the used bike line. It is (was) a 2 owner bike. The dealer actually registered it as his personal bike and rode it for about 4 months.

Long story short, it is now sitting in my garage next to my 2011 Bonneville and my 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200r. I've ridden it a grand total of 18 miles. So...

What have I gotten myself into?!

Whip the tank off and pull the fuel pump out and make sure it doesn't have a 'Just about to pop off' fuel hose on the filter. Ensure it has the last map update and the TPS has been re-set. Go ride. Play with suspension settings when you have got used to it. If the speedo goes wonky after rain or washing remove the speedo sensor from the CARC and dry it with a hair drier then seal it with silastic around where the cable goes in. Before too long get the swingarm and shock linkage bearings packed properly with grease.

That's about it. Other than that they're bulletproof.

Pete

Curious, in the US the first Griso's were sold as 2007 Griso's even though they were sold in mid 2006. I wonder how yours ended up as an 2006.

Here it is shortly have arriving home (apologies for the camera phone quality).
Can someone identify the aftermarket can for me?

Attachments

• Griso Dec 2012.JPG
    Griso Dec 2012.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 857
GuzziMoto said:
Curious, in the US the first Griso's were sold as 2007 Griso's even though they were sold in mid 2006. I wonder how yours ended up as an 2006.

No clue. VIN does indicate a build year of 2006.

Build year is not the same as model year.
It could be that it was improperly titled as an '06, or it could be a non-US (Canadian?) model. But I am pretty sure there were no '06 Griso's in the US. As mentioned, they were sold in '06, I bought mine in June or July, as '07 model year bikes.
But your title actually says '06, huh?

MJPTexas said:
Here it is shortly have arriving home (apologies for the camera phone quality).
Can someone identify the aftermarket can for me?

Looks like a Mistral.

images

Congratulations and welcome to the Famiglia. You will love the Griso.

Your impeccable taste in motorbikes is appreciated here . . . . I've owned a couple of Hinckley Triumphs too (a tangerine-over-white T100 & a volcano red-over-black Speedmaster). Three entirely different but completely satisfying rides. Congrats on the addition!

I finally had a chance to take some pictures:

And with its garage mates:

I also had a chance to really ride it Saturday. Put about 230 miles on it. Rode out to Llano for BBQ beef ribs at Coopers, and then down to Luckenbach to listen to a little music before heading home. Weather was cool. 50s to low 60s and really windy. Was really stable in a 20 mph plus side wind. I will say that I doubt if I'll be riding it really fast as 70 mph into that same wind was a little tiring. Bars may need replacement but the rest of the ergos were great. Best stock motorcycle seat I've ever experienced. Fuel economy was an unpleasant surprise - 37mpg. But in general, an easy and very enjoyable bike to ride.

Attachments

• Guzzi Left Side.JPG
    Guzzi Left Side.JPG
    328.9 KB · Views: 387
  • Guzzi Right Side.JPG
    Guzzi Right Side.JPG
    283.6 KB · Views: 387
  • Three Bikes.JPG
    Three Bikes.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 387
Yes, the fuel consumption is a bit poor for me too,mostly down to the low gearing. Seeing as i only ride for pleasure it's not that big a problem , unless filling stations are a bit thin on the ground .

Re: It followed me home, 6 months later

The Griso has been in my stable for 6 months now, so an update seems appropriate.

I have put well over a 1,000 miles on the Grsio, surpassing 6,000 miles this weekend. Let me share some observations

1) Todd asked about the model year (2006). The bike was titled as a 2006 model. It was originally sold by a dealer in San Antonio TX.

2) I understand the performance aspects of the bike much better now. 6,000 rpm+ provides completely different experience. I originally thought the performance wasn't that much better than my Triumph T100, but since I've started exploring the higher rev limits I've changed my mind. The Griso does have more punch.

3) I've gotten used to the ergonomics. I was a bit concerned with the wide bars, but after living with them for a while I've decided they work ok.

4) I've thought a couple of times about adding a fly screen, but my head currently sits in clear air so there isn't any turbulence. I've decided to leave her unscreened for now.

5) Only annoyance is an intermittent red triangle/SERVICE message. The guys at AF1 racing say is related to the after market pipe and the oxygen sensor. I was told a modified program would fix it (and improve the performance). I'll give that some consideration.

In general, the more I ride this bike the more I like it. The other two now spend a lot more time in the garage than they used to. As anyone who has a Griso already knows, the bike always attracts attention. The Guzzi experience can be pretty addicting.

Hi Mike
Congrats on the bike.
As Peter Roper said drop the fuel pump out and replace the hose, when I did my 2006 the hose just pulled off without loosing the clamps.
Also check the rear of the motor at the clutch slave cylinder?.
Here is were they are

If they are normal bolts they need to be replaced with counter sunk head bolts.
Size is M6x16.
Also when in there grease the Swing arm & shock linkages as from factory there is next to none.

Harry

Back