• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

New Shock

furness50

Just got it firing!
I thought i show pictures of my new Fournales oleo-pneumatic shock, only done a few miles so far but feels good.
The only adjustment is with the suspension pump shown in one of the pictures,the recommended pressure is 21 bar but i have found it better at 16 bar solo riding.
https://picasaweb.google.com/107761168352996370157/20121123#5823744174326198098[/img]

Used to hate the 1980's air suspension on bikes. Who could possibly get exactly 6 psi in both sides using a big plastic syringe thing with a screw on fitting??? What's this pump like for accuracy?

How much did it cost you?

Ive heard good things about these from Harley guys. Would like to hear how it feels once you've done a few miles.

Thanks for fixing the photo issue.I do have a hugger fitted already but it was off at the time as i was changing the shock and greasing the swing arm bearings,one side needed changing the over got away with greasing only.
One thing i need notice when trying the new shock out was the front end felt absolutely planted.
The cost not cheap £580 including the pump.
Ray.

Just a thought if the hugger doesn't give you all the protection you need, you could possibly fit an R&G shock tube.

Its like a Neoprene tube that goes over the whole shock and installs with tie wraps. Easy to peel back occasionally to clean.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Moto_Guzzi/Griso/All_Years.aspx

Scroll down and you'll see it. I have one on a Ducati 1098, works well as the huggers don't give much protection to the shock on the 1098.

Only problem is that lovely alloy sculpture is no longer on display

John

Hi. I wonder if anybody has a test report on these Fournales units fitted to a Norge 12 please?
I had some on a Cali Special sport and on an SPNT and found no problems.
Thanks

If I could turn the clock back the fournales shock would not be my first choice.
If you are constantly changing the preload on you shock to allow for a pillion the fornales is a bit of a pain as you have to pump it up then release air going back to solo riding, and you lose a little bit of damping oil each time.
Takes a while to sort the correct air pressure to use or it will feel to hard or to soft and under damped.
One thing I have found is no more touch downs with the centre stand even two up with loaded panniers and top box and no chicken strips on the tyres.

Back