• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Best Tank & Tail Bag combo

thegreyman said:
89MilleGT said:
I got a good deal on a Bags Connection Racepack and tried it on the Griso. It may not be anyone's first choice, but it does provide a lot of space that is not broken up between saddlebags. It goes on and off easily. NOTE: I did eventually strap it onto the bike (pictures were taken with it resting on the seat). I strapped the back to the spools under the seat and the front to the rear peg hangers. Its stable, reportedly waterproof, and expands to carry even more stuff. Most times though, I just ride with a backpack as I don't need to carry much stuff.

Anyways, some pictures for an alternative solution. I do like the looks of the MG saddlebags and the HB C-bow bags and mounts. But will try the Racepack for now.

I like it! What is the cost for this?

I bought the Racepack at Twisted Throttle for $150. It was a demo or something. It seems they have a new version that is over 2x that price: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/bags-connection-racepack-motorcycle-luggage-system-10065

No one has mentioned the Ventura packs. Here are a few lame photos, but this is great equipment. I had one for my R1150GS and got one for my Griso this year. They hold tonnes of stuff and come on and off quickly and easily. In addition, no drilling is required, and it keeps all the luggage well away from scratchable bits. If you ride without the pack, you can quickly replace the grab rail with a shorter one.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/fitments.aspx?modelid=1170

I got the Mistral 1 bag, which is very nice, as it keeps its shape:
http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/bikepack.aspx

Attachments

• tail.JPG
    tail.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 465
  • tail2.jpg
    tail2.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 465
So far I think the KRIEGA system is money. It is highly adaptable and gives us naked bike owners lots of options without having to get side bags. I just ordered a set. Long ride to Napa, Ca via Monterey coming soon. I will post my review. Now if I could only find me a GIVI screen!!! :evil:

A draw back with tank bags is that if you get caught riding in the rain , grit can get thrown up and make its way under the bag and scratch the tank.

I don't use a tank bag, but my usual tail bag is a Roadgear, which has built-in bungies and attaches easily to a tail rack and the under-fender lugs (with fabric around the cord to protect the paint):

I recently needed more space for a long weekend and used a Patagonia duffle (had to rig my own bungies):

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpg
    IMG_0343.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_0920r.jpg
    IMG_0920r.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 293
Back