• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Check Oil red light when running

gvw

Tuned and Synch'ed
Rode from Brisbane to Byron Bay today via Kyogle and Lismore - probably a little over 220km. As we were pulling into the carpark at the beach and looking for a park, the red check oil light and the oil can icon came up on the display. Bike was running normally with no untoward noises. Stopped the bike, checked for any oil leaks and did not find any so went into the pub and had a steak.

When we came back out - along with every male and half the females within visual distance - spent the first few minutes admiring a stunning Brazilian backpacker in a white g-string walking around doing her best Sofia Vergara impersonation and then checked the oil. Who can be worried about oil after that? :cool: Still full of 10w60.

Started fine with no red light or oilcan icon. Rang a mechanic mate and described it to him and he said probably an oil sensor failure and if it was running fine, keep going since they are a relatively common issue.

Ran like a top on the return trip with no problems.

12425 and then DBS07 and DSB08 have memos but are not active.

Did a search and found where DSB08 trips upon starting after an oil change but did not find an answer where it happens after a long ride and still full of oil (other than the wrong type of oil). I did have DSB07 trip about 13,000km ago but the dealer ignored it.

Any advice much appreciated. Trip to the dealer straight away or next weekend?

If you did a bunch of stop and go in tight traffic, a buildup of engine heat may have dropped pressure enough to trip the sensor. I've had that happen on my 1100 Breva. Otherwise, it may have been a connection problem at a sensor or faulty sensor. Since you covered that distance with no problem, doubtful is is an oil pump failure.

Thanks John,

That pretty well describes what happened. When we got into town, we did a lap trying to work out where we were and had to crawl down a street with a bit of traffic and lots of tourists crossing holding it up - a few minutes of first and second gear at least.

Much appreciated

Same thing happened to me and it lasted for about a month. Went away just as mysteriously as it came.
Such is the way and the mystery of Guzzi.

Got a resolution on this today. An oil leak was noticed for unobservant me between the engine and the left hand cylinder. No drips on the floor just some oil at the base of the cylinder. First advice was that it was the gasket between the cylinder and engine and big $$.

Ended up that oil was coming up through the centre of the oil pressure sensor resin.

$22 part and all fixed.

So not surprisingly, the DSB07 and DSB08 meant something. I had a DSB07 in the first few hundred km of having the bike, just took another 14,000km to start leaking noticeably.

I fly up that way on a regular basis. Its bloody lovely country green and hilly, I'd love to take the Norge up there one day for a holiday.
Most importantly here is DID YOU SNAP A PHOTO OF THAT GIRL????? Surely your phone was handy :lol:

No photo, work makes me have a blackberry and the camera sucks but this came immediately to mind.

Possibly the one thing that the US has over Australia :D

“When they told me to lose weight, I was like, are they playing a joke on me? I’ve always been known for my body! … My friend says that the other actresses look better than me on TV because they’re skinny. And I’m like, ‘Yeah, but I look better naked!’”
— Sofia Vergara

Attachments

• tumblr_mdfwszdDwV1rs9ex6o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mdfwszdDwV1rs9ex6o1_500.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 769
Had the same fault between Dalby and Toowoomba,not a pub or bikini clad backpacker in sight. :(
I really have to plan my breakdowns better. :cool:
later swagzz

Yeah a common fault. My oil sensor on the Bellagio failed at around 30,000km. At least it's a cheap fix, not like Brazilian backpackers!

Took my sensor out and sprayed some carbi clean down the hole and pushed the switch a couple of times with a small Allen key and some electrical grease on the connector... 5000 ks later all good ..

I've got the same problem, but don't know where to find the pressure sender. Can anyone help?

Back