• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Old Guzzi guy,new Griso 1100

humboldtguzzi

Just got it firing!
Well,Dave Richardson at Moto International is selling some leftover 2007 Grisos at pricing not to be passed up,so one will soon be joining the other 3 guzzis in the garage.Im up to speed on the fogging speedos,any other issues? Also the butt ugly muffler must go, is the Mistral conical TOO loud? Anyhow,all suggestions welcome, thanks in advance.

Well then, welcome to the fold (in advance)! Congrats! I'll be anxiously awaiting your info and photos for the Registry. Be sure to snap some pics of you and your new G at the shop when you pick it up.

Only the CARC recall, but I suspect Dave & Co will have that well sorted before you take delivery. Search the archive here and I hope to be able to give everyone access to the crashed Forum files from the end of last year here soon.

I have one (1) GT-Rx R/S G11 & one (1) G8V exhaust in stock and ready for delivery... but the sound isn't for the faint of heart. ;)

Post often/again soon!

2007's were well out of the recall range Todd. that only effected early 2006 models.

Todd's pipe is great but for some reason Griso's don't take a pipe as well as Brevas. This isn't to say that anything bad will happen but simply that fitting a desperately freer flowing pipe on a Griso tends to make them pop annoyingly on the over-run and doesn't really do much for performance.

Certainly the stock pipe is whisper quiet and restrictive so by all means piss it off but try to get something not too barmy for the best results. I've got Todd's pipe on my 8V and have the option of the dB killer. With an 1100 if you go that way, (And it is a lovely pipe.) I'd suggest getting the dB killer and looking at experimenting with exhaust orifice size to reach a happy medium.

I had a Lavizzari pipe on mine nwith the option of baffles or none. I always rode with the baffles in because it ran better and until we get a decen't map modification accessory we're stuck with stock maps.

FWIW I seem to be the only person in the world wh preffers the 1200 to the 1100. Both are great bikes, you won't be disappointed in yours.

pete

Also be sure to check out what Agostini have to offer for the G! I'd not personally go for a muffler that looks like one of 13 a dozen (no Todd, not yours ;) ) on a bike where the stock exhaust is such a visual design element. But that's me...

With the money you are going to save on a '07 Griso I would spring for a good muffler. I got the Termignoni and it works great within the adaptive system of the bike - with the baffle in or out - (comes with removable baffle) -

termi.jpg

Virtually zero issues with the GT-Rx (right or left) on the 1100 Pete, just bolt on and enjoy, db-killer or not. Yes I know it's my design, but no other pipe I've heard gives it the sound that the Griso deserves other then the GT-Rx, and if you're talking aesthetics, why in the world would anyone want the pipe on the left side (and if anyone says balance, I will track them down and make them sniff Jackal fumes). ;)

Todd's pipes sound great, I ended up with a mistral on mine, and despite what roper says about performance, it really opened my griso up on the top end, it has much better power on top, he just put the wrong pipe on his griso 11...... You can get them to not pop with the VSDTS or was it VDSTS, or VTDST or whatever software Todd sells, and a twist of the sacred screw. After much experimenting, mine now runs sweet. It never idled smooth even when new and with stock pipe, now its pretty good, and runs great, wheelies almost as good as roper's scura

RacerX wrote:
why in the world would anyone want the pipe on the left side (and if anyone says balance, I will track them down and make them sniff Jackal fumes). ;)

:p I'd like to see that (and I'm sure I'm not the only one)

so

Who agrees that visual balance requires a pipe on each side?

There Todd, what'cha gonna do now? :silly:

I agree Todds pipe sounds great and the right side helps show off the SSSA. As Todd said not for the faint of heart as they are a bit lod but the tone is terrific. I get lots of compliments on the sound.

Besides changing the can, check into the Fuel Pump Recall if it's a 2007. I don't know the serial number range but I know my 07 was included!

Ed in NJ

RJVB wrote:
Can't argue visual opinions. :S ;)
Jet, thanks for the photo, looking great!

uncle wrote:
With the money you are going to save on a '07 Griso I would spring for a good muffler. I got the Termignoni and it works great within the adaptive system of the bike - with the baffle in or out - (comes with removable baffle)
Great photo Uncle... want me to add it to your Registry photo page?

RJVB wrote:

Definitely right side for me. When I have the extra cash, a right side GTrX will go on my B11.

If you're the same 'Uncle' hasn't your Gris, and yourself, just been taken out by some texting bimbo in a PU truck?

Pete

The one and the same...(unfortunately) - I thought it would be nice to have a record of her all dressed up and looking good. :)

Back