• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

ECU reflash

tmag907

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have a 2009 Griso 8V and for 14,000 miles it has run OK at best. Lots of surging at lower RPM's, lots of backfiring on deceleration and this is after the most current maps, valves adjusted, throttle bodies synced, fresh plugs etc. I finally bit the bullet and sent my ECU to Todd to be reflashed and installed the performance air box. The GRISO is a completely different bike. No surging and NO backfiring. In top gear at 2000 RPM it is smooth acceleration. Above 5K it is very good.
If I win the lottery I'll go for the Power Commander.

don't forget the autotune
mine has been in for 4 years and i rarely touch it,just check ups

My ECU is in the mail today to sunny CA for a reflash. I've got months more of the cold weather here to look forward to the results, but all indicators from this board seem positive. I'm hopeful that the PCVAT will be in my future.

I also ordered the Centurion-S. Surprisingly, I do have a local dealer ~5mi from my house, but I don't trust them not to screw up Todd's reflash when they reset the TPS. My next closest dealer (who is very reputable) is over 80mi away, outside of what Todd recommends for riding the bike post-flash, pre-TPS reset. Just curious what anyone's experiences were with this?

- Matt

sohcfour said:
MSurprisingly, I do have a local dealer ~5mi from my house, but I don't trust them not to screw up Todd's reflash when they reset the TPS. My next closest dealer (who is very reputable) is over 80mi away
Must be nice to have not one but two dealers so close . . . . but quite a trade-off for Wisconsin winters.

I have Todd's full reflash,PCw/autotune, airbox , high flow filters and exhaust. Damn! unbelievable difference. Bike is flawless now. Could not believe the change for that fact nor could the mechanic that did the work and he only works on Guzzis.

G

To be fair, the dealer 5mi away really fell into Guzzi's, and hence my distrust. They originally sold Alfa's and still service them and other exotic 4-wheelers. They later got into Vespa's, and then acquired teh Guzzi range through Piaggio etc. I'm scared to let these guys connect to my ECM to reset the TPS after paying for Todd's reflash!

Rosefarm Classics just over the Illinois border has been excellent, but it's not easy for me to get the bike there, particularly if I can't / shouldn't ride it.

Still, counting down the days to another year of Frozen Snot rides, Crud Runs, and Rockerbox... how long is winter?

+1 wouldn't own this Griso without Todd's full setup... it's a new motorcycle!

gerryt said:
I have Todd's full reflash,PCw/autotune, airbox , high flow filters and exhaust. Damn! unbelievable difference. Bike is flawless now. Could not beliebve the change for that fact nor could the mechanic that did the work and he works only on Guzzis.

G

Yes me too, even though the Todd Mods have cost a few bob going back 5 years, it has transformed the bike from good to brilliant. The maps can take a while to settle down, and some erroneous trims can be thrown up, Todd is always on hand to email a better fuelling map via email.
Robert.

Back